m0nolith's WIP

Hmmm both backgrounds are fine but I would select the black. It distracts they eye less than white. But keep this in mind, black has gradients and white is pure. It is not a matter of colour but gradient I think...

Mitsman

That’s exaclty why I like the white, because it’s pure. If I could make the black like a pure black void then I’d go with black every time. I just can’t find a surface that is matt enough not to reflect some of the light back. I need to do more research I think!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I finished two more Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenants, giving me a total of three under my belt.

One is just a standard one, the other is converted to have a Stalker Bolt Rifle.

I was playing around and trying to figure out a new standard scheme for my 30k Blood Angels going ahead, and I think I'v settled on one that I like in the way of the Lieutenant with the rifle.

gallery_86352_14298_456661.jpg

gallery_86352_14298_1204161.jpg

gallery_86352_14298_1457418.jpg

gallery_86352_14298_1909915.jpg

You're a very skilled painter. I was checking the bases of the Warlord titans to figure out if they were 40k or Adeptus Titanicus scale. You got detail on those models that is quite amazing brush control and shows a real attention to detail.

And on the Ultramarines Leviathan, you really seem to get the light patterns and how a shimmer actually works. The head height ridge going across the model, with the difference below and above it is just an example, but really well done. You can see it, although harder to discern as easily, in the way you paint your chipping and weathering. There's a depth with just the single trace of reflected light on the edge of metal, "undercoat" and ceramite that i really admire. 

Well done. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not playing guard, but I really just wanted to paint this model. It was surprisingly a pain to paint. I haven't bought any fine cast for years now, and although they have clearly improved, it still wasn't as crisp as I would have like it to be. I may have been spoiled after all these years of building and painting FW resin, which granted has its own problems, but it still is significantly better than fine cast. That being said, I still love the model.

gallery_86352_14298_420148.jpg

Lovely work! And I really admire you for painting their eyes to such great detail!

Thank you sir!

Excellent work on the LT.

Thank you, as always :)

Really nice work on the Lieutenants.

Thank you kindly.

You're a very skilled painter. I was checking the bases of the Warlord titans to figure out if they were 40k or Adeptus Titanicus scale. You got detail on those models that is quite amazing brush control and shows a real attention to detail.

And on the Ultramarines Leviathan, you really seem to get the light patterns and how a shimmer actually works. The head height ridge going across the model, with the difference below and above it is just an example, but really well done. You can see it, although harder to discern as easily, in the way you paint your chipping and weathering. There's a depth with just the single trace of reflected light on the edge of metal, "undercoat" and ceramite that i really admire.

Well done.

Thank you! I'm happy someone noticed it!

I'm tested out a new colour scheme for my Heresy BA on a SM Heroes model. I modulated some areas with an airbrush using some Evil Sunz Scarlet and Wyld Rider Red over a base of Khorne red and Mephiston red, which gives it that orange look. I also airbrushed some Xerxes Purple in the shadows to really give it that depth.

In all honesty, the test wasn't exactly a failure, but I think I prefer that deep red look of my existing 30k BA to this look. Still it was worth trying out.

gallery_86352_14298_252465.jpg

Edited by m0nolith

I'm tested out a new colour scheme for my Heresy BA on a SM Heroes model. I modulated some areas with an airbrush using some Evil Sunz Scarlet and Wyld Rider Red over a base of Khorne red and Mephiston red, which gives it that orange look. I also airbrushed some Xerxes Purple in the shadows to really give it that depth. 

In all honesty, the test wasn't exactly a failure, but I think I prefer that deep red look of my existing 30k BA to this look. Still it was worth trying out.

It reminds me of the second edition 'Eavy Metal Blood Angels. There is something more somber about the darker red that seems to fit 30k better.

I also prefer a darker red on Angels, though this is very well done.

Agreed :)

It reminds me of the second edition 'Eavy Metal Blood Angels. There is something more somber about the darker red that seems to fit 30k better.

It reminds me of that too!

I should have given him the old school green base too! ;)

That being said tho, yeah I agree the darker tone fits 30k more.

Excellent work on the Blood Angel.

As always, thank you good sir! Edited by m0nolith

• 2 weeks later...