m0nolith's WIP

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back on the Heresy Train!

Blood Angels Legion Praetor.

I used the same colour scheme as Captain Smash, the only difference is that in the end I used Army Painter anti shine instead of the pure matt varnish like on smash.
I very much prefer this over the more subdued colours of Captain Smash.

I magnetized the backpack because eventually I want to give him a Jump Pack as well and be able to switch between them.

Decided to not use the cape. I couldn't get past the idea of him blasting off with the jump pack and then setting the cape on fire :biggrin.:

gallery_86352_12089_9861.jpg

gallery_86352_12089_1022532.jpg

gallery_86352_12089_765279.jpg

gallery_86352_12089_682558.jpg

Edited by m0nolith

Why do i feel like he´s missing a cape? Or is it because all commanders seem to have those?

Looks quite lovely all around!

Like I said, I couldn't get past the idea of him taking off with a jump pack, setting it on fire, and then flying though the air like a blazing screaming comet!

On second thought, that doesn't sound so bad :D

Brilliant work as always bro! Makes me want to use the mini as an Emperor's Children Praetor :thumbsup:

Thank you! 

You should! It's interesting how both EC and BA 30k models work so well for each other. I see a ton of Palantine Blades being used as BA Dawnbreakers.

Wow. Amazing! Dang that armour looks good!

Thank you very much.

Gorgeous as always

As always, thank you for the kind words :)

Excellent work on the Legion Praetor.

Thanks Bjorn!

absolutely epic

Thank you!

Whats been happening with your gorgeous models? I haven't seen you update it for a while :( 

I cant wait to see that Primaris Astraeus Tank in all its glory when its done!

Your work is always so inspirational - so much so that I often find myself starting to veer off course with my own projects and heading back to the BA bits box......

*must resist harder*........

:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQRW0RM4V0k

Just saw this on Instagram so had a look to see if you put it on here. Absolutely fantastic. That model is a great sculpt and you've really brought out the details well. Good to see you back doing Blood Angels.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw this on Instagram so had a look to see if you put it on here. Absolutely fantastic. That model is a great sculpt and you've really brought out the details well. Good to see you back doing Blood Angels.

Never stopped, it just between projects. My heart will always belong to the IXth Legion :D 

Right now I'm doing some Necromunda Van Saar. I'll have some pics up soon.

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet, but good God-Emperor these are some pretty Blood Angels. 

ktI6PGb.png

I hope you don't mind if I made a couple tweaks to the image to clear up some of the contrast fog. Blood Angels were my first army and I really did a pathetic paint job on them just so I could play in tournaments quicker at the LGS (minimum painting requirements and all that). I'd always meant to do even a few figures properly at some point and never got around to it, and this is the kind of glorious paint job I always saw in my head for them. 

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet, but good God-Emperor these are some pretty Blood Angels. 

ktI6PGb.png

I hope you don't mind if I made a couple tweaks to the image to clear up some of the contrast fog. Blood Angels were my first army and I really did a pathetic paint job on them just so I could play in tournaments quicker at the LGS (minimum painting requirements and all that). I'd always meant to do even a few figures properly at some point and never got around to it, and this is the kind of glorious paint job I always saw in my head for them. 

Thank you for the kind words!

In regards to the photo... holy hell, they look so much better now!

Mind if I ask, what program did you use?