m0nolith's WIP

Ha! 

Ok, that made me actually laugh out loud.

Thanks for that :biggrin.:

Hehe, now you've gotten me to page two in this thread... you will have to post more red painted marines.

This is where I come to for my daily fix of red-painted SM's!

Gorgeous finish on your 30k reds, I really like how the black trimming looks on the Mk3.

Lovely work. Blood Angels were my chapter as a kid and I will always have a soft spot for them. Never anything remotely close to this though. Gorgeous work and beautiful highlighting!

Excellent, well-blended highlights!  It takes some skill to highlight red.  You've inspired me to check out that GW guide for my own red-armored force.  Hopefully I can approach your level...

Wendigo

Done "for now"

Still have to wait for proper 30k BA transfers to be released and I want to give myself some room to modify them if need be when the BA/DA Horus Heresy book gets released before I seal them in with Varnish.

Next up are maybe some more marines with FW upgrades and maybe a Praetor.

gallery_86352_12089_281505.png

Edit:

Whats up next:

Praetor with Blade of Perdition

med_gallery_86352_12089_670157.png

Edited by m0nolith

Amazing looking squad!! The bases are really well done and contrast perfectly with the Angels. A little weathering powder around the feet would really finish them off nicely (after the decals etc.) :thumbsup:

Thank you man :D

It was a bit of a learning experience form me when it came to weathering.

The bases themselves are actually varnished and weathered with powders and enamels. The second coat of varnish used to seal everything in might have made the bases lose some of the contrast it originally had between all the mud, rust and ash.

Still, im happy with the result.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick update.

Working on 30 more marines. They still need a lot more work, but here are some progress pics.

gallery_86352_12089_77934.jpg

Only started the edge highlighting so its going to be a while since this part takes the longest.

gallery_86352_12089_765397.png

I'll post up some pics after I do some of the chest + helmet details and the edge highlighting on the rest.

Edited by m0nolith

Finally settled on a list.

RoW- Orbital Assault

HQ

Praetor w/ cataphractii armor + Blade of Perdition

4 Cataphractii bodyguard w/ 2 chainfists, 2 power axes

Dreadclaw drop pod

Troops

10x Tactical Squad w/ AA, melta bomb, Drop pod

10x Tactical Support Squad w/ AA, melta bomb, volkite chargers, extra CCWs Drop pod

Heavy Support

Leviathan w/ Claw + Drill, 2x assault cannons, phospex, armored ceramite, Dread drop pod

Leviathan w/ Claw + Drill, 2x assault cannons, phospex, armored ceramite, Dread drop pod

gallery_86352_12089_52684.jpg

Edited by m0nolith