m0nolith's WIP

All absolutely amazing work. I have a slightly odd question - on your average model (not that any are close to being ‘average’), what’s the approximate breakdown between airbrush work, and paint brush work over the top?

Well, take the Leviathan for example. It took around 87 hours to finish, less than a hour of which was actual airbrush work, so yeah, the difference is significant.

Edited by m0nolith

All absolutely amazing work. I have a slightly odd question - on your average model (not that any are close to being ‘average’), what’s the approximate breakdown between airbrush work, and paint brush work over the top?

Well, take the Leviathan for example. It took around 87 hours to finish, less than a hour of which was actual airbrush work, so yeah, the difference is significant.

:wacko.: goodness me.

Totally worth it, though. The finished piece is incredible.

Finished Extra weapons for the Leviathan, so can finally say that this project is done!

This is probably my favorite vehicle I'v ever done. I love this model so much :D

Alright, up next I have a Blood Angels Repulsor Executioner and a BA Contemptor-Incaendius on the workbench.

gallery_86352_12089_345102.jpeg

gallery_86352_12089_276125.jpeg

I also magnetized the main weapons for the Repulsor. Will put up pics of that when done!

gallery_86352_12089_1277438.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Onto the next project, a Horus Heresy Blood Angels Contemptor-Incaendius!

This time I'm doing the model using NMM, so its super time consuming, even more than my usual models :tongue.:

I finished the torso and for now I'm going to step back from this project for about two weeks to finish a Primaris Repulsor, and after its done I plan on coming back to it.

gallery_86352_12089_1001836.jpg

gallery_86352_12089_709194.jpg

awesome work as always!

Thank you good sir!

I feel safe saying that’s my favorite bombard glow.

Haha, I was actually thinking of doing it in green this time, but I'm happy I stuck to the blue :biggrin.:

Wow, i love the glow effect on the grav flux bombard-- would you mind explaining how you did it/what paints were used?

Its simple really, its just Hoeth blue with more and more white added to the mix until its almost all white.

Great Levi, Monolith! :biggrin.:

Thanks dude!

Edited by m0nolith

• 2 weeks later...
MAD skills!!!! I mean I had to do a double take on that contemptor’s jump pack as it looks like an image of art print and not an actual model (because the NMM paint job is so smooth and gloriously executed). Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...