The Raven Order, a DIY successor (12/30 LSStorm!)

FlamingDeth

Ah, unfortunately I don't own that book, though I wish I did. Its from Imperial Armour Volume 7- Siege of Vraks part 3 I think? I just did a search and found the image. Its one of the few "true" images I've been able to base my models on.

Cardinal, I agree with Major and going with the stripes from more top to bottom than side to side. Keep those pics coming!

Edited by Greenz

I present to you an added bonus, Wolf Lord "Lala Lulu" of the "painted by my three year old" great company.gallery_47416_12247_19186.jpg

He began life as presumably a wolf guard or something out of a batch of used models, but he got a promotion when my daughter declared that she wanted to paint a guy, and what better than a guy that I care nothing about. Apparently he catches bad guys by jumping really high.

EDIT: I think she needs to thin her paints, losing some sculpted detail!

EDIT EDIT: Maybe I ought to cross post that to the puppy forum...

This made me laugh out loud. My little girl is 3 in a couple of weeks and would love to get hold of 'daddy's robots'. She would totally pick the name Lala Lulu too.

• 6 months later...

Hello again! Am I allowed to resurrect this rather than posting a new WIP? Who knows, I'm sure the mods will properly melta me if I'm out of line. Anyways, I've started putting together some junk for shadow wars, and here's a quick conversion to get started. Just a new recruit with boltgun (which autocorrect wants to turn into bolt fun, which I was tempted to leave there) and camo gear.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/206934-shadow-war-kneeling-1/

Apologies for the link, got a new phone and I can't seem to get the actual image copied. He's supposed to be holdings his offhand in the "shush" position but I'm not sure that conveys well. Boltgun is strapped into a holster on his back, since he's being sneaky.

The OP may always perform necromancy on his own threads. But seriously, what have you been up to these last few months? We need more pictures man!

The shush-motion conveys decent enough. I opened your picture before reading the rest of your text, and I recognised the pose easily enough, so mission accomplished!

I just don't have much hobby time in the winter is all. I mean, I half painted a land raider and another tac squad, but they aren't in a state where I'd bother posting them...shadow war just has me motivated to do stuff though, so I'm making up free time I don't have to work on some scouts. Such small numbers inspires me to do more conversions. I'm thinking of doing the heavy bolter guy next, but somehow digging through my bitz box I apparently don't have any screaming bald guy heads. I have no idea how that happened.

• 8 months later...

This just in, I’m bad at keeping this thread updated! It’s been very busy recently, and all my hobby time had gone to orks. BUT! Tying in a bit with the attempt at Shadow War stuff, I’m working on a viable tenth company list, now that we have the tools to do so without them being super awful. Also my wife got me a Land Speeder Storm for Christmas! Yay! Obviously I couldn’t leave it stock, had to add some first legion flair to it.

gallery_47416_12247_1167207.jpeg

gallery_47416_12247_1226836.jpeg

Currently trying to decide if I should double down on the decor and modify the front fins as well, or leave the front fins stock and attach them as they are. Thoughts?

Edited by CardinalVirtue