Vairocanum's Projects (9/28/2020 Dark Mechanicus Cultist)

So it's been quite a while since my last post and a lot has happened in my life since. Long story short, I had to do a lot of paperwork/reports following my exchange, I had to help out an injured relative for a while, and I finally graduated from university! I'm still job hunting at the moment but I've found a little more time to start doing warhammer stuff again.

Here is a quick kitbash of an underhive ganger, I didn't really build him with the intention of making him part of any of the necromunda houses and just used whatever bits looked cool to me. I've got some more 40k stuff in progress as well as trying my hand at some mordheim stuff (will be accessible through instagram cause I don't think I can post it here). Anyways thanks for looking and C&C  is appreciated!

xzpE1Qt.jpg

More Views:

TeJSW6P.jpg

KzfbFa9.jpg

VSQPpeX.jpg

Pretty late with replying but here goes: 

Glad you made it to Japan! And you are not kidding about the long flights. I think I slept for a day and half after getting there(years ago) plus the jet lag! Be sure to stick around and do post anything new you get your hands on 40k wise (there are tons of cool stuff there I don't think you could post here sadly). I'm going to miss the steady stream of sweet conversions.

Thanks hushrong! I never did end up posting what I got but I ended up buying quite a few of the space marine heroes when I was there for both series 1 and 2!

I like the gun servitor's aggressive pose. Well done.

Thanks Bjorn! Glad you liked the pose, I had troubles deciding whether to go standard clunky or more aggressive.

The Goliath parts for a servitor are really ingenious. 

Thanks Marshal Rohr! I thought the legs fit quite well, although I'd love to explore more torso options if I had some other bits haha.

I really like that gun-servitor, the more aggressive, running pose isn't one that would normally be associated with a heavy weapons machine/grunt, yet it works well. The slight twist to the torso angle adds heavily to the sense of motion and targetted movement.

Thanks Pearson! Yea the twist to the torso did quite a bit to seem more dynamic.

Gun servitor looks really cool, the mechanic feel of the mkIII armour fits him really well! Also even though I haven't commented much here lately I've been following your conversions closely through Instagram, you've done some awesome stuff!

Thanks Traitor! Thanks for looking at my Instagram stuff, I've definitely been following your projects closely as well.

Gun-servitor is looking grand.

Enjoy Japan!

Thanks Augustus, Japan was fantastic and I hope I can visit again soon.

Wow. Really a long time. But hey, better late than never. The guy looks good, but I await more from you^^

Job hunting? Move to germany, we got plenty jobs.

Edit: And Congratulations on your Graduation

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Ok so it's been a while :whistling:

Lots has happened since last year but the brief rundown is that after graduation I started working, got into another new and expensive hobby (retro video games), changed jobs, spent a good while on some house repairs, and now work has basically stopped for the time being so I've been stuck at home mostly for the past few months. Anyways I've got a few other projects in the works with one that should be done soon as well so I'll definitely be posting more than one model this year :teehee:

Also how do I resize images again? The picture seems a bit too big imo.

Wow. Really a long time. But hey, better late than never. The guy looks good, but I await more from you^^

Job hunting? Move to germany, we got plenty jobs.

Edit: And Congratulations on your Graduation

Thanks Mikhal! Glad you liked the model! I end up finding work but for now it's slowed down for the time being. 

Congrats on graduating!

And the new guy looks stunning, as well as the models on last page.

Thanks ElDuderino for the kind words!

Welcome back and congrats on your graduation! Judging from the new mini you haven't lost your touch at all, very nicely done.

Thanks Isengrin! I've been keeping up with your models on instagram and WOW you've made some brilliant stuff. 

Welcome back and congrats on graduating! Best of luck on the job hunt as well.

It was a nice surprise to see an update in this thread and with good news to boot! Ganger is looking sweet and has some mean swagger. Looking forward to see what you do with those hero series.

Thanks hushrong! I did end up finding jobs but recently has been a bit of a lull period. I still haven't gotten around to starting on those hero series marines but I've got some ideas for them haha.

Congrats on graduating and good luck with the job search! Nice mix of parts for the ganger, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you bring out now that you're back.

Thanks Pearson73! Although I didn't end up posting any other model last year, I'm definitely going to be posting a few more this year, and with luck the next one should be finished pretty soon.

So I've finally put together my Dark Mechanicus Assassin that's existed as a pile of bits since early 2019. Nothing too crazy to represent Dark Mechanicum on the outside apart from that bionic arm but who knows what kind of modifications is contained behind that armor. Gotta add a few more members to the Dark Mechanicus Warband as well as revise a model or two but overall, the warband is coming along great. Thanks for looking and C&C is appreciated!

9UmkhYP.jpg

More Views:

pZGkBls.jpg

ErH7Ocg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good, it's interesting to see how well the Dark Eldar and Mechanicus parts integrate with one another. What colours are you thinking of painting them?

Thanks Pearson! Yea those bits worked surprisingly smoothly together. Probably a black undersuit with gunmetal armor plates and some dark red on some small details of the model I think. I still haven't started replacing all my dried up paints so it's going to be a long while before you'll see anything painted in this thread haha.

Good to see you back! Good to hear you are doing well and hope the lull subsided soon when the conditions are right.

The assassin looks sweet. Great mix of bits and the greenstuff work is on point!

Thanks hushrong! Appreciate the well wishes! Glad my greenstuff work hasn't deteriorated too badly haha!

This Techmarine was a project I started just before my hiatus but never really took the time to sit down to do all the sculpting so I'd do small bits of sculpting at a time and finally I've had some more time to complete the model. He's been truescaled as well, even including the backpack. I'm still figuring out my next model so it might be a longer while till my next post but I've got a couple of projects blue tacked together and I'm testing stuff out. Thanks for looking and C&C is appreciated!

JxJhELQ.jpg

More Views/ Size Comparison:

qrJ3FoJ.jpg

EfdIRUL.jpg

I was confused for a second where that notification came from...it's been a while, good to see you back! :tongue.:

That's a great looking techmarine, I really like the armour resembling MkII. If you're thinking about widening the waist like MikhalLeNoir suggested, I use a plasticard tube with a diameter of 1cm (bigger/smaller depending on the mini) from which I saw off rings for belts.

• 3 months later...

Oh mama! Yeah, your greenstuff is on point and I’m going to need some tutoring sessions from ya! Techmarine looks great! God I love those overlapping plates, especially on the greaves.

Thanks hushrong! All you really need is patience and stubborness to redo the sculpting until it doesn't bother you anymore haha.

The Techmarine is well-posed, and looks appropriately intimidating. "Bend over, enemies of the Imperium! I have come to deliver the spanking you deserve!"

Thanks Bjorn! I think a thunder hammer would definitely be one of the spankings one could receive.

Marvelous as I expect it from you. Maybe one minor critic: widem the belt. He has a very slim stature. My girlfriend woild kill for that

Thanks Mikhal! I'm definitely going to widen the belt a bit, it's been a while since I've worked on truescale stuff so it completely slipped my mind to adjust it when I was working on it.

Cracking job with the segmented armour plates.

A darker scheme but still incorperating some red sounds spot on for the mech assassin.

Thanks Pearson! Glad you like the armor, and yea hopefully I'll be able to do the paint scheme justice when I finally purchase some paints again haha.

Good to see you being bitten by the hobby bug again.

Love the Dark Mechanicum lackey and the Techmarine.

Thanks Markus! Yea I had the time for hobby stuff but didn't have the energy for it so I put it on hold for quite a while. I hope I'll be able to crank out a few more models before the end of the year :wink:

I was confused for a second where that notification came from...it's been a while, good to see you back! :tongue.:

That's a great looking techmarine, I really like the armour resembling MkII. If you're thinking about widening the waist like MikhalLeNoir suggested, I use a plasticard tube with a diameter of 1cm (bigger/smaller depending on the mini) from which I saw off rings for belts.

Thanks Isengrin! I miss being able to crank out a new model every week haha, but there's a lot more stuff in real life I need to deal with now so hopefully I'll be able to find more time to work on stuff. Great tip on widening the belt, I'll definitely look into finding where I put all my plasticard and try it out!

Lovely green stuff work fella, As MLN mentioned some pouches would pad out the midriff and I would like to see a higher Gorget too as his neck seems a little exposed at the mo.

Although Isengrin's idea of using tube for belt thickening is genius!

Thanks NightHunters! It isn't as noticeable in real life so it slipped my mind when I was working on him but I definitely agree that a higher Gorget would look nice on him.

It's been a while, I've felt a bit too tired to work on hobby stuff the past few months so I hadn't had too much hobby progress. But I did manage to finish this Dark Mechanicus Cultist for my INQ28 warband recently so I'm pleased to have model to post for the 28th. I had made a different DM Cultist a while back but I felt it was a bit lacking for this particular warband so I redid another version. I wanted a model with lots of bionic parts showing and this is what I ended up with. Thanks for looking and C&C is appreciated!

mjFyB2i.jpg

Back Side:

g4fYQH9.jpg