Road to Veteran's 2016

Morticon

Okay, so...after much deliberation and some inspiration from this forum thanks to the "BA competitive" thread, I figured I'd put my money where my mouth is (at least to some degree). 

I was going to be rocking an absolutely disgustingly hardcore DA list (that i posted here->  

That was meant to just mop up everyone, but am eschewing raw power for a little more fluff and theme and BA glory.  

I love the Double Demi formations and the bonuses and benefits that come with it, but alas, BA are just not near that in terms of competitiveness.    So, ive decided to do what I said in the a fore mentioned thread, and take some key BA units, along with the core double demi so it looks and plays like BA, but with some added and much needed punch.  

Here's what i'm looking at:

1x BA Chaplain (WL) - JP, Auspex, Veritas
1x DA Master - JP, Uber-Mace, Artificer Armour

1x DA Chaplain - JP, Auspex

1x Damocles Rhino

1x DA Dread - MM, HF

__Pod

1x DA Dread - MM
__Pod

8x DC - JP, Fist, Pwr Maul

1x BA Cassor The Damned

__Pod

5x BA - Scouts (CCW)
5x DA - Scouts (Bolters or Shotguns)

5x DA - Tacticals - MG, Cmbi-Melta

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - MG, Cmbi-Melta

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - GG, Cmbi-Grav

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - GG

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Tacticals - MG

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Tacticals - Flmr

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Assault - 2 Flmr
__Pod
10x DA - Assault- JP, 2Flmr, Veteran, Fist

5x DA - Devastators - 2GC
__Rhino
5x DA - Devastators - 2GC
__Rhino
1x BA Scorpios Whirlwind - Ignore Cover Relic

Biggest threats will be Nigel (though he will hate this list with a burning passion), Sid - who will have 4 Wraith Knights on field and then Ali, who will have monster Tau.  

Your thoughts?

Plan on running the DA chappy with the big assault squad, and then the BA chappy with DC.  Master will go in one of the other situation dependent. 

(also, if you think this is bad, should have seen the DA one ><; was hideous)

So, 

I'm currently still tweaking.  

I'm thinking of running a Sanguinary Priest instead of the Chaplain -reason being i dont need a Chaplain anymore because i'm not running two relics like i wanted to - and i'd like the BA theme! 

The issue here is that the DA jumpers dont gain the benefit of the Chalice, while the DC dont gain the benefit of the narthecium.  So, it feels like a waste. 

Having said that, 

I dont need two regular DA dreads, so, i'm more than happy to drop it (and the Damocles) and put in something else.  

I'm wanting to include more BA-ness into the list.  I think a double-demi is strong enough to manage with most things, so, I dont mind the games being tighter if i can stick to a cool BA theme. 

Part of me is also thinking about making the other squad jumpers too! Or even a squad of Sang Guard (though, the SG kinda annoy me with how easily they go down :/ ) 

Thoughts? Ideas?

I have up to around 200 points to play with. 

No Inquisitor with skulls to mitigate any blasts?

Not a bad idea.  Can easily work that in.  

Can also go Corts as per usual, but i'm wanting to fluff out/up the BA side of things.  Maybe a Baal? 

Other than that, the redundancy in the list is insane. However, I don't feel you have enough concentrated firepower to take down four WK or a bunch of Tau stuff.

Not concerned about Tristan this year?

Other than that, the redundancy in the list is insane. However, I don't feel you have enough concentrated firepower to take down four WK or a bunch of Tau stuff.

Not concerned about Tristan this year?

Good players are always a concern.  

He's not playing an uber power list, but has instead gone for a very, very strong,  balanced and full comp Sallies list.  

This list has what it takes to counter his, although it will be a far greater battle than the DA list, but it is "doable".   Because of that, its less of a concern than other lists where i will not only require luck on my side, but will need to play out of my skin.  

With the list + player combo, he will be one of the top placing peeps in the tourney.  

What's your comp score, etc, with this list? I recall the DA premise was to "let someone else win, but to make them work for it". Are you in danger of winning with this one provided the stars align, etc?

What's your comp score, etc, with this list? I recall the DA premise was to "let someone else win, but to make them work for it". Are you in danger of winning with this one provided the stars align, etc?

Comp score is 0.   In the last 6 Veteran's no one with a comp score below 80% has placed in the top 3.  Even Bernard who got highest battle points/best general came 5th or so because of comp.  

Its unlikely I will place top 5. However, it seems that a few more players than usual are taking "fun" power lists - and just going yolo power lists.  If these power lists upset the key big players with high comp (like Nigel and Tristan), then things may open up.  But, considering a 100% win is "only" 36 points (and thats tough to get), and considering that comp is 60 points, you have to "lose" a few game to balance it out.  

And i think that those players are unlikely to lose hardcore in many (if any) games

Thoughts on the following.  It loses a the chappy, a da dread and the damocles as well as 2 DA jumpers and then picks up the Priest, and a van vet squad for a total of 24 (3x8) jumper squads.  Priest goes with the vanvets. 
EDIT: made some tweaks

1x BA Priest (WL) - JP, Veritas, Maul, BP   (106)
1x DA Master - JP, Uber-Mace, Artificer Armour  (155)

1x DA Chaplain - JP, Auspex (110)

1x DA Dread - MM, HF  (110)

__Pod

8x DC - JP, Fist, Pwr Maul  (224)

8x Van Vets - Maul,Sword, Fist  (231)

1x BA Cassor The Damned (175)

__Pod

5x BA - Scouts (CCW) (55)
5x DA - Scouts (Bolters or Shotguns) (55)

5x DA - Tacticals - MG, Cmbi-Melta (90)

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - MG, Cmbi-Melta (90)

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - GG, Cmbi-Grav (95)

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - GG (105)

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Tacticals - MG (100)

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Tacticals - Flmr (95)

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Assault - 2 Flmr  (80)
__Pod
8x DA - Assault- JP, 2Flmr, Veteran, Fist (181)

5x DA - Devastators - 2GC (140)
__Rhino
__Pod
1x BA Scorpios Whirlwind - Ignore Cover Relic (160)

Made some tweaks. 

Just gotta model and paint up the Scorpios and a few models, and we're good to go.  Will get pics up, and maybe some pre-tourney batreps up too.

its not as strong as the original, but with 83 Wounds, and 43 Hull Points at 2500, it should be a tough match up for anyone! 

Had a test game vs a really cool chaos list today. 

He was rocking:

Slaughter Cult and Chaos Marine CAD with:

Uber Jugger lord

D-axe Thirster

Herald with thirster axe

Lord with cmbi-melta/melta bomb

15 Hounds

2x 8 letters

2x 10 Cultists

1x 20 Cultists

2x Drakes

1x 5 possessed in rhino with legacy of ruin

1x Nurgle Daemon Prince lvl 2, wings, mace

1x Forge Fiend

1x Skyshield -ready for take off

Love the way the list played.  Had some pretty crappy rolling and forgot some vet rules, but the resiliency and options available for this list are incredible. 

i've realised that i'm super weak with anti-air, so will see how goes with a few more play tests.  If its too weak, may look at a Sarosh Sicaran. 

Game ended with 27-2 (Me getting primary; 16-14 maelstrom, and secondary;  full score. Didnt play tertiary missions because we forgot about it ><; ) 

Played two more test games today -this time with a Sarosh Sicaran.  Was very, very good.  The sicaran is a solid workhorse, but the beast that is the scorpios was missed  Not sold either way yet. 

First game was vs Grey Knights, second game vs BT.  Both really exciting.  Will get up some pics. 

I'm absolutely loving the jumpy squads!!!

The BSF with min troops (5scouts + Cassor) is amazing for freeing up the jumpy BA squads.

I'm actually contemplating losing the DA dread and moving the DA assault marines back into a Razor and minning them, so i can max a BA jumpy squad instead.  

Will lose a little pod madness, but....the chargey goodness ><; 

Latest tweaks:

1x BA Priest (WL) - JP, Veritas, Maul, BP   (106)
1x DA Master - JP, Uber-Mace, Artificer Armour, Auspex (160)

1x DA Chaplain - JP (110)

8x DC - JP, Fist, Pwr Axe (224)

8x Van Vets - Maul,Axe, Fist  (231)

1x BA Cassor The Damned (175)

__Pod

5x BA - Scouts (CCW) (55)
5x DA - Scouts (Bolters or Shotguns) (55)

5x DA - Tacticals - MG, Cmbi-Melta (90)

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - MG, Cmbi-Melta (90)

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - GG, Cmbi-Grav (95)

__Pod

5x DA - Tacticals - GG (105)

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Tacticals - MG (100)

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Tacticals - Flmr (95)

__Razorback - TLPG, LC

5x DA - Assault - 2 Flmr  (80)
__Pod
5x DA - Assault - 2 Flmr  (100)
__Razorback - TLPG, LC

8x BA - Assault- JP, 2Melta, Veteran, Fist (191)

__Rhino
__Rhino
1x BA Scorpios Whirlwind - Ignore Cover Relic (160)  or BA Sicaran - Sarosh (160)

Well its the best tournament in RSA  again.With all the love SM's have been getting,my Porks feel like the unwanted red headed step child. Ive been looking at Morticons list which has been giving me sleepless nights.

Im coming with a fully comp list so will start with a + - 60 point start on him. No doubt I will be looking over my shoulder from round 1 onwards.

Here's my list.

Warboss. mega armour,cyborg bp ,pk lucky stik

Painboy,bike

Mad Doc

Warboss,bike pk,finkin cap,bp,pk,cyborg

Mek,killsaw,kombi skorcha

30 boys nob bp,pk eavy armour

30 boys,nob,bp.pk,eavy armour

10 gretch,runtherd

10 gretch,runtherd

15 kommandos,Snikrot,nob,pk,bp,2 burnas

15 tankbustas,nob,pk,bp,2 tankhammers 3 bomb squigs

15 lootas, 3 meks,2 killsaws

15 bikes,nob,pk,bp

3 deff koptas, 2 killsaws

2 tractor guns,2 ammo runts,2 extra crew

Aegis defence line and coms relay.

With only 14 kill points  I need to get Morticon in a kill point mission ,otherwise Im toast,or I have to play out of my skin.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Dork%20Stuff-%20Fun%20Stuff/IMG_20160628_121459_zpsuuqzxnl0.jpg

The pic above is of my forces missioning up to secure as much of the board while the enemy was off table.  (Nemesis Strike Force).

There's quite a lot of board presence with this list! 

He had only deployed this:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Dork%20Stuff-%20Fun%20Stuff/IMG_20160628_121504_zps6aifteib.jpg

Problem was, that as things came down, things got shot up and charged and taken out. 

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Dork%20Stuff-%20Fun%20Stuff/IMG_20160628_131954_zpsuiohsigq.jpg

The Sarosh Sicaran was the nastiest, taking out the raven when it arrived:

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Dork%20Stuff-%20Fun%20Stuff/IMG_20160628_132004_zpsskynskae.jpg

It then died that turn, but had served its purpose.  
As his army came down, and took a shot or two, it then go nailed in return. 

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Brindleysa/Dork%20Stuff-%20Fun%20Stuff/IMG_20160628_135515_zpsdj77qf60.jpg

By turn 5, he had 1 model left on the board.  
Good play test run! 

The game after that was almost as bad! Think I tabled him by 5th as well. 

Archived