Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

Few days ago my guardsmen won a narrow victory versus the xenos menace of the tyranids at 2000 points. We played chapter approved maelstrom mission where you started with 6 cards and had to discard/ do all those objectives before you could draw more, with 1 less card each draw. ended up being 19-18 to me. 

glorious imperium list: 

3 company commanders (plasma pistol, 2 boltguns, CP farm and deathmask on warlord)

7 infantry squads (3 auto, 2 lascannons, 3 plasma guns)

command squad (3 snipers)

commissar (bolt pistol)

Enginseer

3 hellhounds (heavy flamers)

basilisk

2 HWT (3 mortars)

manticore 

primaris psyker 

LRBT (battlecannon, 3HB, stubber)

LRBT (battlecannon, 3HB, storm bolter)

punisher (3 HB, storm bolter) 

2 xenos inquisitors with boltguns

eisenhorn with points for demonhost 

Heretical xenos:

3 flyrants with twin devourers and some upgrades

3 neurothropes 

4 carnifexs with scything talons and guns 

20 purestrain genestealers 

10 neophytes  x 2

5 acolyte hybrids 

primarch 

primus 

the game lasted a mammoth 7 turns! the survivors:

10 neophytes 

1 acolyte hybrid

basilisk

manticore

8 guardsmen from 3 different squads 

2 company commanders 

esienhorn

LRBT X1 

techpriest 

Those big bugs were tough! especially with shadow of the warp reducing my psychic tests. Best moment had to be 20 stealers getting a perfect 6 for ambush, butchering 10 guardsmen, only to loose 11 4 smites and the rest being gunned down. Was a very fun match with a great opponent

So much infantry I love it! :biggrin.:

How long did the game take to play was it tedious moving so many models?

My favourite part of 8th is that the humble guardsmen is no longer gunned down the moment he moves from behind cover.

Not that any self respecting Mordian would ever need cover! :wink:

Thanks, I love pure infantry lists :D

I am very used to running pure infantry, did it all through 6th and 7th, so my turns are surprisingly quick. The space wolf player actually took longer then me! 

The only cover I need to worry about is the cover the cowardly enemy is hiding behind! 

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I moved my 40k pieces to my new home, got to look at all of my glorious flyers, and cry a lot.

It was...cathartic?

Vultures with Punisher Cannons are one of our best units right about now, and you can force a Lightning to work well enough for you.

• 1 month later...

I am currently working on 3 tanks and a recon vehicle.

Leman Russ (counts as): basecoated and pin washed

Armageddon pattern Basilisk (counts as): basecoated and pin washed

Macharius (counts as): basecoated, pin wash in progress (and needs some

So far, painting turned out not really good, but good enough for a testing series.

Example:

gallery_20618_14115_10092.jpg

Color testing for lights & sensor lenses for all three

The recon vehicle waits for the last 3% of construction, hardening, then painting

But since the recon belongs to another sub-faction, I still need to figure out another painting scheme.

I also prepare tests for a mixed construction of special weapons. While my standard infantry weapons are totally non-40k, at least the special weapons should get some 40k-sation.

And since my stock of bitz that are supposed to be cut apart and reassembled for that purpose, that means bluestuff&greenstuff copies.

While the regular special weapons are already out of scale for the usual GW guardsman, they are even more so for my truescale infantry - so using regular weapons is no option.. well, maybe as HEAVY weapons instead.

So far, painting turned out not really good, but good enough for a testing series.

Example:

Looks damned good to me. That would looks rather fine on the battlefield.

-----

Today my IG reduced a Flesh Tearer force to mulch looking back I'm not sure what the other player was supposed to do as the matchup was brutally one sided (thorough no skill on my part).

Edited by MrZakalwe

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today MY IG (AM)... was officially shipped!

Soon it will arrive and my new custom regiment from Anvil will take its first steps toward being something other than a concept.

They're going to be neat: looking like Revolutionary War-type troops (tri-corn hats & cross belt torsos) with lasguns.

Looking forward to seeing if my vision pays off.