Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

A few days ago I was wondering what I can do that can give me a break from Historical minis. Saw my IG vehicles on a shelf that's been neglected for a long time. Decided to repaint one of my Leman Russ tanks and already happy where this is going. Just a basecoat can still see some green in places. Also saw my bag of Hydra conversion parts so gave them a wash and put it together.

Resin is still a pain and I had to cut part of the platform that the turret sits on. After green stuffing the cracks i'm happy with it. Hopefully will get me to finish the rest of the vehicles as well as the Cadian Hostile Environment soldiers I have.

20190706 131612

20190707 092507

The Cadian war machine is in full swing now, got another 23 Guardsmen done over the weekend;

Cadian 14th Guardsmen

Finished the commander that came with my Baneblade, pic with rest of command (left);

Cadian Command

Finally, an eBay find arrived, had to redo a little of the base but other than that very happy with it;

AM Primaris Psyker

23??!

Only another 60 to go. :wacko.:

So, see them on Saturday then?

Ha, I wish!

Painting has been put on standby for a while as I'm moving soon and had to pack everything up. Though in the process of packing I set everything up on parade, I'm going to need a bigger table...

14th Cadian July 2019

14th Cadian Infantry Lines July 2019

14th Cadian Infantry Lines July 2019

Not exactly today, but I had my first game with my MT against a friend’s blood angels. Since he is new to the game, and I’m new to AM, figured it would be fun for both.

Highest point of the two games was one 5 man squad with volley guns killing 3 death company in overwatch, the the Tempestor killing another in melee.

Lowest point was failing to activate Fire on my position. Both of us are Forward Observers by trade, and a lone vox caster calling in a fire mission on his position before being overran is totally something we would do. We both geeked out when we saw that stratagem, but even with 6 vox casters over two games, it just wouldn’t activate. There’s always next game

Played against a Knight + Rusty 17 army last night with my Catachan Brigade as before.

His list:

Knight - Gatling + Battle Canon (WL reroll 1s)

Knight - Gatling + Fist

Knight - Gatling + Thermal Canon

Knight Castigator

Rusty 17

I lost the roll for placing the objectives so I got to choose deployment types and sides. I chose hammer and anvil to keep as far away from his knights as possible. He finished deploying first so went first. I choose Old Grudges on his WL Knight, use Opening Bombardment and kill off two of his rusty 17, as well as the Prepared Positions stratagem to give everything +1to armour saves.

His Turn 1 - advances all his AdMech forwards, moves his knights their basic movement and then shoots a load of guard off of the board as well as taking one of my Hellhounds down to 6 wounds. He also knocks a Basilisk down to 3 wounds. He did very little else to be honest

My Turn 1 - move Hellhounds into range of two of his knights because there's a squad of AdMech behind them, and then move my blob of 4 x guard units forwards with Straken, Priest and a Company Commander. Hellhounds kill the squad of guys and take a wound or two off of one of his knights. Tank commander shoots everything at his Castigator and deals enough wounds to bring it down to 23 wounds. Shadowsword shoots at it (was hoping to bait out his Rotate Ion Shields), and deals 24 bloody wounds and blows it up before it even does anything. Basilisks target his WL Knight, he uses Rotate on it, I use strategem to shoot a basilisk twice and hit it with the other two, as well as my Master of Ordnance's one use Artillery Barrage. His WL Knight goes down to 15 wounds. I resolve Nightshroud and Psychic Barrier on my Tank Commander.

His Turn 2 - he moves his two Knights closer to the Hellhounds on his flank, and moves his WL Knight forwards to be in range of a charge to my huge blob of troops. He advances forward with his AdMech to take two objectives. He shoots a Hellhound to death, it explodes dealing 2 MW to both his Knights and my other Hellhound. He charges a second Hellhound, kill it, it explodes and deals another 2 MW to his Knights. Third Hellhound survives the turn with 5 wounds remaining. He continues to shoot away some of my guard meat shields, and takes 8 wounds off of my Shadowsword, and takes 2 wounds off of the Tank Commander

My Turn 2 - move guard blob + Straken further forward towards his WL for RF range, move last Hellhound towards his two weakened Knights. Repair Shadowsword 2 Wounds with Enginseer and fail both Psychic abilities. Shadowsword one-shots his WL Knight. Basilisks and Tank Commander kill one of his other two remaining Knights (1 Basilisk shooting twice with Stratagem again), troops take a wound off of his last Knight. I believe his last Knight was down to about 13 wounds at this stage. Final Hellhound charges into the Knight, dies, CP Re-Roll the explode dice, it explodes for 2 MW again, knocking his Knight down a bracket.

His Turn 3 - moves his last knight towards the blob of guard protecting the Shadowsword, moves his AdMech forward to shoot away some guard from my Basilisks. Kills a bunch of guard, not in range to charge. He then decides to scoop.

This is by far the most useful my Shadowsword has every been. It usually whiffs hard on hits. Interestingly I totally forgot that Old Grudges let me reroll wounds against his WL Knight but still managed to annihilate it.

I played apocalypse last night. Lots of time spent looking up rules and unit data. We played a minimum sized game of apoc, they suggest the 300 power level as the minimum for the rule set. I could see if you were playing 600+ power, it would probably make things better.

GW will never learn, we used random mission generator and rolled up..... The Relic. C'mon guys, put that objective out to pasture.

Primaris are stupidly overpowered. It was super easy for him to stack blast markers on my knight. He would have died turn 1 except I had a command asset to take saves on a d12.

Apoc Power level 299

40k Power level 282

40k Points 4961

Wheres the pics? :P

Other than the relic was it fun?

I've never been super interested in Apoc because of the length and removing models without using them

This one has me interested as its a bit more streamlined and voids a lot of my previous hang ups

I'm not smart enough to upload pictures on a forum, lol.

It's neat because both players take their turn and then stuff dies. We actually had a very small amount of stuff die turn 1. Turn 2 it picked up a bit and turn 3 was a bloodbath. I was a bit handicapped by army building. The 12" commander range was wierd. However I've redid the same list. Now I have an assault element led by bullgryn. Sentinels are in their own outrider so they are free to roam. I think my 300PL list is 9 core detachments.

The Deathstrike is back baby. It put so much damage down range.

Yesterday, my AM Squats got some valuable allies in the form of some Squats in Exo Armour:

9ebMiLW.jpg

In a reorganisation, I realised that all I needed was a single Sgt and I could make two squads of five (rather than having to convert another ten Squat unit)... so I converted a Sgt and now I have two squads of five and two captains to guide them :) .

These are part of my Squat army and act as the higher echelon leadership (proxying for Space Marine Terminators).

To follow up on my Terminator allies, I will add some bikers to the list:

FifvdHK.jpg

These are allied Space Marine Scout bikers that act as Hearthguard for my Squats.

Even though these are from the Space Marine Codex, I don't count them as separate from my Astra Militarum Squat army... so although they are officially allies, they are also an integral part of my Squat army as a whole; being part of the higher echelon of the leadership... I've posted a bit about it on my blog:

http://insosworld.blogspot.com/2019/07/random-mid-week-hobby-musing.html

Getting ready to pack the house up and going through my 40k shelf found I do in fact have a 2nd LRBT NIB sitting on the shelf :lol: :sweat:

Maybe once I'm settled I should build them up and paint them...