Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since my last post I haven't progressed too far but I over time I was able to paint the hulls of the Hydra and a Chimera. I then added brown camo paint to them and I like it. Here's a group shot for the three. After these three I still have a regular Leman Russ, a Leman Russ Exterminator, Manticore, Hellhound and Devil Dog to work on. Phew thank :censored: I love tanks.

20190818 144208

..Got packed up for a house move- it's quite frustrating because getting it all out to pack away got me really enthusiastic for my beastmen guard and mountain troop projects :(

No IG for months now. 

It really is in this case- I'm leaving out one of my Infinity factions to play in the mean time (they all fit in a metal biscuit tin in my office desk draw) but I want to play my Guard against the new marine codex, damn it!

I want to bring the fact crashing home that the codex has very few defensive buffs to help them not get swept from the table. 

It's always tough against a new codex as you need to learn their new ins and outs - and tougher still for an all Stormie army! From all I know of the new Marine codex (I collected mine today) it's a marked improvement on before so I reckon you had a good showing (especially with some dodgy luck at the end!) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Today, my Astra Militarum Squats got a new Hydra to add to their tank company :) :

GvqkA26.jpg

That means the whole company is done (except for decals)...

1x Tank commander: Vanquisher-Russ.
3x Plasma-Russ
3x Battlecannon-Russ
3x Punisher-Russ
1x Hydra
1x Engineseer (+4x Servitors) in Chimera

What is this "done" you speak of?

The tank company is fully painted (just needs decals) and I have NO plans to add to that particular tank company. I think 12 tanks in a company is about right :) .

These are the rest of them:

3yQ6BHI.jpg

I may end up getting more tanks but this company is finished... done... :) .

it was Yesterday now but... My Hades breaching drill continued gaining a reputation as a close combat monstrosity by mulching a slightly wounded Chaos Terminator Lord in one turn! It's relentless...

Made better by my opponent very sportingly doing his excellent Arnie Schwarzenegger impression (a la Total Recall).  

it was Yesterday now but... My Hades breaching drill continued gaining a reputation as a close combat monstrosity by mulching a slightly wounded Chaos Terminator Lord in one turn! It's relentless...

Made better by my opponent very sportingly doing his excellent Arnie Schwarzenegger impression (a la Total Recall).

Ah, good to know someone who appreciates the CLASSICS. Which Schwarzenegger scene did your opponent imitate? The eyes bulging asphyxiation scene? Screaming denial as his memory is about to be wiped?

The part with the mining drill of course! That's why it fit well with what was happening on the table.

To be fair he normally just yells "get to the chopper" and makes that kind of "nyyyyiyng" yell grunt Arnie makes when he's exerting himself or gets injured...

Nice cinematic moments like that really make warhammer games great. I just ignore the next turn where he killed all my Infantry and took all the objectives... Still a moral victory for the Guard, the best kind of victory.

Today my heroes learned the consequences of underestimating hellblasters.

In game 1 (Ultramarines with Guilliman and IK), I lost 2 tanks per turn.

In game 2 (Dark Angels) I focused them with 2 basilisk, Wyvern, 3 LR, Plasma Pask and Gatling Tank comander...boy did I pound them to dust :)

Wyvern quite underwhelming with S4 AP- :(

Wyvren is much better with the Vigilus detachment buffs :biggrin.::thumbsup:

Even with the tank order to select the D6 you want to RR and shooting twice...

You'd expect 8D6 S4 shots to plow the rival.

Mathhammer is a nasty mistress: 30ish shots vs marines yield a measly 2,5 wounds ( 4+ BS, 4+ to wound, 3+ save from marines)

I usually opted for using Vigilus on the Basilisk: a lot more oomph :)

Still, learning is part of the experience :)

Over the weekend my Elysian 1/9th mech infantry team took on a chaos knight force. Deployed several infantry squads forward while several made an attempt in their chimeras to rush around the flank(it was the diagonal corners deployment). Meanwhile the tanks while deploying behind the infantry screen, made a valiant fighting retreat as the chaos knights approached, guns blazing. One of their knights simply charged forward and chopped a chimera in half with its sword, only to have a tank commander in his Linebreaker class Demolisher devastate it in a volley of cannon, multi-melta, and lascannon fire to be finished off by a brave guardsman in a building who bravely overcharged his plasmagun which promptly exploded killing him but not before a bolt of superheated plasma went through the insane knight's shields and destroyed it. The Team commander in his Executioner fired a full volley at another knight cracking it open like a hot knife through butter leaving it alive but barely moving(relatively, since a last bracket knight still is a pretty mean machine with good stats).  

The flanking maneuver which was hopefully going to be ignored, was not ignored and a wardog knight and a full sized big brother quickly took out a company commander's chimera which in turn blew up killing half the squad inside. The commander wisely advanced into a small ruin and gave the order to bring down the wardog. That squad's plasma gunner also managed to inflict damage with an overcharged plasmagun and then succumbed to it blowing up in his hands while the rest of the squad's lasgun fire bounced harmlessly off its carapace.

Meanwhile things were not going so well on the tank end of the battlefield as the Knight Commander and the last two knights one of which was heavily damaged, quickly destroyed an Annihilator tank, the tank commander in his Linebreaker, as well as a Conqueror tank in quick succession.

Heavy bolters to the rescue as three chimeras in the deployment zone stripped the damaged knight of its final wounds along with surprisingly effective lasguns from two squads still standing firm. The enemy command Knight thundered in and a  guardsman armed with a plasmagun, last man standing in his squad who with insane bravery calmly walked towards the enemy lord, firing a plasma bolt with every step. Inflicting hit after damaging hit(ok, he hit twice and wounded twice on over charge). The Annihilator, Executioner, and remaining Conqueror fired everything they had at the behemoth leaving it still standing but barely functional. In all the smoke and explosions a guard infantry squad had managed to sneak onto the backfield of the enemy knights and sprinted to reach the relic still standing in the center of the field hoping the hulking knights would ignore them.

On the forlorn flanking maneuver, the big knight stalked off towards the main fight after crushing the remnants of one of the damaged squad on foot while the wardog charged the last chimera killing it in hand to hand with ease and killing a guardsman in the resulting explosion. The squad fired and actually found a few weak points in the baby knight's armor. It then charged them and in its weakened condition only killed two of the troops and the sergeant, insanely angry about losing his ride, inflicted a further wound with his whirring chainsword.

In the main battle area, the heavily damaged knight, the command knight, and the undamaged knight combined fire to kill the Imperial warlord in his Executioner and do minor damage to the Annihilator. The undamaged knight fried the lone guardsman in the open center as well and charged and killed a chimera bringing it point blank to the Imperial force. The damaged big knight that wasn't the enemy lord charged a chimera and inflicted grievous damage but did not kill it.

Firepower severely depleted, the Imperials decided to go for it. The Conqueror fired its stormbolter at the undamaged knight mere meters away and fired its battle cannon point blank blowing off more than half of the enemy knights torso in a storm of fire and shrapnel. Its heavy bolter and plasmacannons unloaded everything they had into the highly damaged command knight finding its daemonically powered engine releasing its bindings in screaming ball of blue warp fire lighting up the entire battlefield. The Annihilator seeking to emulate its Conqueror teammate fired at the remaining knight in front of it and what the last infantry squad standing nearby thought was a great light show fired every lascannon blast into the sky.

Launchers on the knights fired smoke as well as choking exhaust from the daemon engines  combined to cover the chaos knights as their second in command decided their knights were more valuable alive than dead and fell back into labyrinth of  the ruined shrine city. The Elysian mechanized team was mauled but not destroyed as they consolidated their remaining dismount squads and armored vehicles to make a thin defensive line around the relic, while their engineseers repaired what damage they could on the tanks bringing the heavily damaged chimera back onto the line. They later learned a recon troop of sentinels from their battalion unit hunted down and finished off the enemy knight household in a cat and mouse fight that lasted several hours.

• 2 weeks later...
Some conversion bits just arrived from Anvil Industry (shipped yesterday what?!) I'm going to have a go at making some Steel Legion looking guardsmen for a potential new army in the new year. Using short great coat legs and the PASGT gasmask heads mixed with Cadian bits.

Some conversion bits just arrived from Anvil Industry (shipped yesterday what?!) I'm going to have a go at making some Steel Legion looking guardsmen for a potential new army in the new year. Using short great coat legs and the PASGT gasmask heads mixed with Cadian bits.

Can't wait to see the final product! :yes: