Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

That looks like a wonderful start (or addition) to a motor pool!

It's the start! Managed to get the Guard Apocalypse Box for £75 when it came out, plus I had previously won a Battleforce many years ago, and bought some Armoured Fist boxes back in 6th/7th with the intention of doing a mechanised veteran list but never got round to it. With 8th I decided to take the plunge! 

It's a shame the Chimeras aren't hugely useful in 8th, but I wanted to get them all done anyway! 

• 2 weeks later...

I rolled out my guard for the first time in a while, and was tabled turn 2. 

Good times. 

Made me realize that I actually haven't won a game with my Guard since 2013, and it's almost entirely attributable to dice luck. Even with cheeseball netlists, I've been utterly annihilated by even the most mediocre armies when playing Guard. 

• 2 weeks later...

It does seem mad that Rough Riders have been lost as an option just add GW release a Guard sized bike unit, these mechanical horse dogs and just to really rub it in, actual horses for Age of Sigmar!

The only thing that could possibly sooth my overwhelming anger are rules for Canids and a box release. Please?

Played a rock hard custodes list the other night. Highlight of the game was a custodian guard that charged my wyvern. He was set up to /pile in consolidate into my manticore that was directly behind it. Assault phase rolls around he activates another squad first. I interrupt and move the wyvern into base contact with him. Saved the manticore for 2 more turns of shooting.

The Kickstarter that I have been sculpting for has funded!... and as a result, there will be more Space Dwarf miniatures available to add to my Squat (Astra Militarum) army... even better is the fact that they will have been sculpted by me and they have been designed to fit in with an Astra Militarum list :) ...

... so my AM Squats will be getting a massive dose of recruitment VERY soon :) .

These are the Dwarfs... they are the Galactic Military Police (the Kickstarter has closed now):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2076383099/the-7-dwarves-28mm-sci-fi-miniatures/

• 2 weeks later...

I had a heroes moment last night. A brave heavy weapon squad armed with rocket launchers accepted a custodes aquallon terminator charge.

12 attacks.

10 hits.

3 wounds.

No armor save.

D3 damage.

1 damage.

(Didnt roll as it killed the base).

2+ damage.

A lone rocket man survived, allowing 2 basilisks to unleash hell on the terminators the next turn.

I got an official Revelation from the Almighty Emperor in January telling me in exact detail where to look for inspiration in making the next batch of chem dogs. Its only my 11th or so attempt at an Imperial Guard army (first being Mordians in the very early 90s) and 5th specifically chem-inhaler modelled guard army. Ok so some of the tanks will be from the previous attempt but seeing as I have new chimeras and tauroxes lying around unassembled I'll use those instead of my trusty old 4 chimeras from the previous generation and I'll make a new style LRBT that will match my Vanquisher and Eradicator. The old russes have a higher turret.

This regiment will be the Ulyssean 2020th Alchem Jackers; 'The Hellraisers', Bogey Brigade.

pXweJPL.jpg

XJqhuYJ.jpg

V1O4idv.jpg

eaK7XaN.jpg

Today my Imperial Guard got another 3 troops visor plates sculpted and sprayed. They survived a nasty gust of wind thanks to a handy nearby bin fence:

Hidden Content

LsEiQvZ.jpg

763oGtc.jpg

Heavy bolter? Where's the ammo belt/box/magazine it feeds from?

EnowTfY.jpg

Missile launcher?

SGG5W17.jpg

Autocannon?

HMG/Heavy Bolter, Missile Launcher and Las Cannon. 

The magazine on the HMG is on the top and works like an FN P90:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0dmGeE4MI

At present, I have no plans to add any others.

Edited by Inso

Ever thought of using a command squad medic to keep them alive?

I found another box of Bullgryns tucked away on a bookshelf! Now looking to run a unit of 8 with a Bullgryn bodyguard as well to keep the various buffing characters alive for a little while longer. Bullgryns Smash!

Actually no...

Ever thought of using a command squad medic to keep them alive?

I found another box of Bullgryns tucked away on a bookshelf! Now looking to run a unit of 8 with a Bullgryn bodyguard as well to keep the various buffing characters alive for a little while longer. Bullgryns Smash!

I have not! To be honest though my experience of command squads is that they die immediately because they're so very easy to kill. I've even taken to running my flags in regular Infantry squads as just another model.

Might be worth considering though.