Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CFH house rules

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars
Imo. I don't see why a psykers becoming a Daemon Prince would lose his powers.

Also, exchanging their armour for the appropriate demon armour is reasonable unless it is an artifact armour...

Also replacing Jumppack or stead with wings is reasonable... unless they were on a Juggernaught of khorne... (damn I never look at khorne stuff can they even still do that?) If so. Losing the Juggernaughts would be a sore lick...

So long as the player isn't being outright ripped off as they are now...

Hmmm...

I did say it would be messy!

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,159 posts

Losing the jugger for wings wouldn't be too bad, as the bonus stats from the jugger are already in the prince profile. It's mainly losing relics and psychic abilities that is the most painful. The other is being shunted out of units only to get shot to death.

If princedom instead gave Smash, Relentless, Extremely Bulky, Daemon/Daemon of X, and maybe three more rolls on the table, that could be interesting as well. (those rolls would come just from the bonuses, rather than spawn, prince, or nothing results)

Edited by Teetengee, 29 November 2016 - 04:19 AM.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_03.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
On a side note...

Anybody else feel that theremoved should be a space wolf formation of just a lone wolf?

They are supposed to wander about seeking glorious death (dwarven slayers in space!!) Why not wander on strange worlds in strange campaigns?

Just a thought. What special rule would be appropriate for a truely solitary lone wolf formation?

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,159 posts

On a side note...

Anybody else feel that theremoved should be a space wolf formation of just a lone wolf?

They are supposed to wander about seeking glorious death (dwarven slayers in space!!) Why not wander on strange worlds in strange campaigns?

Just a thought. What special rule would be appropriate for a truely solitary lone wolf formation?

They probably don't need a special rule, just the ability to use them outside of any other restrictions is probably sufficient.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

Call_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_03.giffriday-award.pngx8we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts

On a side note...

They probably don't need a special rule, just the ability to use them outside of any other restrictions is probably sufficient.

Probably right...

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
Theorizing before defining.

Dark mechanicus in 40k.

A skitarii and cult mech force may be declared a "dark mechanicus force" they become come the apocalypse with all imperium factions including admech and cultmech that haven't been declared darkmech and they become battle brothers with all chaos forces, such as chaos space marines, daemons, renegade knights, renegades and heretics, and other dark mech.

Yes this is very shoehorned and players should "forge the nerrative" but this hopefully temporary.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,159 posts

Theorizing before defining.

Dark mechanicus in 40k.

A skitarii and cult mech force may be declared a "dark mechanicus force" they become come the apocalypse with all imperium factions including admech and cultmech that haven't been declared darkmech and they become battle brothers with all chaos forces, such as chaos space marines, daemons, renegade knights, renegades and heretics, and other dark mech.

Yes this is very shoehorned and players should "forge the nerrative" but this hopefully temporary.

Yeah.

In all honesty, I imagine that the dark mech would be massively different, but I can't think of a way of doing that reasonably and easily while keeping ad mech feeling unique and not overshadowed.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
Yeah, dmech will be interesting to see just how they hand it...

What do you think about letting dmech units as described above take chaos marks as per chaos space marines codex?

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 04 January 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,159 posts

Yeah, dmech will be interesting to see just how they hand it...

What do you think about letting dmech units as described above take chaos marks as per chaos space marines codex?

I think it ends up with admech+1=dmech, which is probably not good. That, plus I am not sure how well those marks would work, or how to cost them best.

I would probably end up changing up the weaponry if I were to do that. Give dark mech some choppy droids. Remove grav for something hellspawned (as grav tech is so hard to keep stable in the warp, clearly why chaos marines drop their land speeders and grav guns).

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
Yeah,that's where the FTN art comes in... army selction to mimick what one thinks dark mech would be like... bit off, but the whoe thing is off label use anyways. I'd use the cost and effects of marks from rengades probably...

Marshal_Roujakis

Marshal_Roujakis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,347 posts
  • Chapter Name: Black Templars Chapter

Give them hatred towards Mech themselves, that would mirror the Hatred CSM gets for C:SM... also add in the Cyber-Virus, maybe possibly use it as Haywire/psychotroke grenades against any Imperial Vehicle... or just Curse of the Machine Spirit from the god old days...

'No matter the laurels of victory, no matter the glories others may seek. We are Space Marines, the Adeptus Astartes, the Angels of Death! And more than this.' he said, his voice dropping quiet. 

'We are Black Templars. Victory is its own reward.' - High Marshal Helbrecht - 'The Crusader' - Crusade to the Ghoul Stars -

Spoiler

The Vengeance Crusade Thread

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
That would be interesting

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
I may need to reinvigorate this thread for my own purposes... seams like I'm not going to like 8th edition very much by most indications... even tho terminators have gone to 2 wounds and Melee may be king...

Battle shock and loss of facings for vehicles just don't make any sense to me.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,159 posts

I may need to reinvigorate this thread for my own purposes... seams like I'm not going to like 8th edition very much by most indications... even tho terminators have gone to 2 wounds and Melee may be king...

Battle shock and loss of facings for vehicles just don't make any sense to me.

Loss of facing is disappointing, but if you think of battleshock not as necessarily fleeing, but as the general exhaustion or danger of the battle forcing a retreat, or reducing the efficacy of the unit to the point they no longer appreciably contribute, it makes a little more sense.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
I can rationalize it, but it just doesn't hold up for me. It sounds very forced...

men run.. they rally. When the 3 stragglers that turn around and pop an apc with a krak grenade is very narrative to me.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,648 posts
So... a rule I've considered implementing. Let me know what y'all think.

Weapon ranges become range increments.

All shooting attacks made at or under the range increment are carried out as per the normal rules.

Models may make shooting attacks beyond the first range increment out to a maximum of twice the range increment exactly as normal except at 1 less BS.

Modes may make shooting attacks out to a further multiple of the range increment accruing a further -1 to BS for each further increment they are shooting.

Example

A normal Imperial guardsmen with lasgun under normal conditions, fires his lasgun twice out to 12" at BS3. Or once out to 24" at BS3. he now may also fire once out to 48" at BS2 or once out to 72" at BS1. and may make no shots beyond 72".

Why all this? To counter the mental jarring that accompanies the extreme short range of weapons in 40k on the table...

I have considered that indirect fire weapons may fire out 1 extra increment where they scatter at BS0 representing the typically extreme range and general indiscriminant nature of the weapons.

Considerations. ..

May put a hard limit on pistols. . Other wise Mr BS 10 lord Cypher can fire his pistols out to 10x their range increment...

Alternatively instead of -1 to BS each time, perhaps BS is halved for each increment... rounding up or down is TBD. May very well make it half BS rounding down just for pistols, which quickly reduces cypher to 4x increment at max instead of 10x...

Incase anyone was wondering this is vaguely how ranged attacks work in DnD 3.0. And came up because of my RPG group looking into 40k with me.

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 17 May 2017 - 03:13 AM.

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,159 posts

looks mostly fine to me

you may consider giving a bonus for short range (+1) and then decreasing the increment somewhat, as a different way to handle pistols. Or maybe only pistols get a short range bonus.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users