The Children of Europa - A III Legion army blog

Jackalwolf

Thank you so much!! Normally I Steer clear of so rich golds but I want to eventually add some little custodes to the force to represent when they were the envoys of the Emperor, so I wanted that gold throughout the army.

And I love FW paints for purple, using them as Base and slaanesh grey for highlights I find you get quite close to the representations of books one and two!

Finally, thanks for the fluff comment. The IIIrd has always fascinated me much more before discovering Fulgrim than after.

Thank you so much mate,

Yesterday I finished all of my command squad and the magnetised options for them to be a skyhunter squad, only need to do the white shoulderpads and then varnish so hopefully I´ll be able to post them within the next two days!!

(want to have all my work station clean of WIPs for the Heresy weekender!)

Thanks guys!

Here are the paint specific names Spangle:

Citadel Base: Retributor Armour

Citadel Layer: Liberator Gold (So sorry man, totally got the name confused. Auric Armor Gold would work too as an edge highlight).

Thanks for chasing this up, much appreciated! Going to have an experiment this weekend :)

Well done on the magnetisation, really looking forward to seeing the jetbikes finished, they are such great models and your painting has really done them justice.

P.S. I blame GW for not actually including a real colour name in half of their paint names!

Squad Tyrion complete!

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah128/Grieux/Legio%20III/585544CC-01E7-46FF-8B1B-1649AE36FE7B_zpsgjvr369h.jpg

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah128/Grieux/Legio%20III/63C59852-A4FB-4E3A-BFD1-43E1E5F02220_zpsr7ppwi79.jpg

Had to go back and magnetise all of the heavy bolters to be able to swap them with multi meltas at will and transition between sky hunters and slayers.

So status update on army progression.

Fully painted:

- Legion Praetor in scimitar Jetbike

- Phoenix Champion in Tartaros armor

- Ancient Rylanor

- 2x tactical squad sergeants

- Unit of skyhunters / sky slayers / command squad on scimitar jetbikes (all magnetised so can be any of the three)

Currently on my painting desk I have:

- 2x 9 tactical squad marines

And ideas on what to buy/build next:

- 5x Phoenix terminators

- Eidolon

- Storm Eagle

- Chaplain Charmosian (chaplain with artificier armor and boarding shield, already own all the bits for the conversion)

- Deredeo Dreadnought with Arachnus laser battery

- Land Raider Phobos (bought the excelsior on the weekender for the aquila bits so have a spare Land Raider)

- 10 man breacher squad

- Sicaran / Sicaran Venator

- Vindicator with Laser Array

Any suggestions/ideas?

Got derailed making a shattered legions list to represent Istvann III with my EC and SoH and ended up modifying a bit Saul Tarvitz as I wasn't happy with the previous iteration, since he'll need to lead the army.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah128/Grieux/Legio%20III/71749284-BA6F-4429-A491-88C63E672ED6_zpsncckapeo.jpg

Need to green stuff his neck and sculpt some hair on the right side to mirror his depiction, but I'm happier with the scale of that head vs the body.

Should I take out the cables going to the sides of his mouth or it looks fine? Just wondering if it's something an astartes would have or part of Eidolon's augmentation, despite the fact that in the novels the sonic shrieker is not something visible but a biological alteration in the throat.

Something else that´s making me wonder is his right shoulder pad. Currently it is Eidolon´s one with the III legion symbol on it. It's a different size from the regular MKIII shoulder pads though, shorter, and maybe a bit too ornate for Tarvitz.

I can't quite tell in the photo, but from what I can see I don't think the pad is obviously different in size, especially given the nature of the pose. I think you'll get away with it.

I am hearing you with the 'elaborate' nature of the pad, but I don't think it is 'too fancy' for him, he is after all a captain... plus you've given him a rather nice cape.... If anything I'd change the left pad, if you can press mould a phoenix termie eagle wing, i'd use that instead, that will bring it up the level of bling to match the other pad.

You'll hate me.. but I've got a Saul Tarvitz on the go too... Haha

MMMM you do have a point lol... maybe I should buy Eidolon´s left shoulder pad too so both have the adequate level of ornamentation!

Almost done with the hair as I needed to make it in two layers to give the adequate volume.

And lol it´s fantastic you´re doing one! There´s nothing better than more interpretations of cool figures to get the inspiration train rollin! If you need any particular bit let me know, I have a lot of EC stuff lol.

This is what i mean with the Eagle wing press mould (or indeed cut off); get a MK II or III pad and stick it on the edge; makes it look like an officers icon!

http://i65.tinypic.com/1z1s85e.jpg

I think Eidolon's might be a bit too ostentatious for Tarvitz!! Failing that, i've also used a Blood Angel wing, with a jewel replacing the blood drop.

Same here mate, I've got a healthy bits box, always happy to trade bitz!! (I'm still searching for Charmosian's crozius!!!)

This is what i mean with the Eagle wing press mould (or indeed cut off); get a MK II or III pad and stick it on the edge; makes it look like an officers icon!

I think Eidolon's might be a bit too ostentatious for Tarvitz!! Failing that, i've also used a Blood Angel wing, with a jewel replacing the blood drop.

Same here mate, I've got a healthy bits box, always happy to trade bitz!! (I'm still searching for Charmosian's crozius!!!)

That looks really cool, I never noticed that was actually not Eidolon´s shoulder pad when you first showed your Solomon Demeter!

I can't picture your Lord Commander as anything other than Anteus. He looks too cool to be Eidolon

Thank you so much mate! You mean the jetbike one or this new iteration?

Yes! Actually I was thinking so much on that. Right now I´m leaning to paint it over, since it´s such a delicate and small sculpt, but I could try to model it with green stuff or by grafting it in from another miniature. Any ideas/suggestions for that? I´m worried of ruining the face lol.

So I bit the bullet and decided to go the neurosurgeon route by grafting a small plaque from another head. It was nerve wrecking but I'm quite happy with the result!

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah128/Grieux/Legio%20III/079B7FAA-6869-4BC1-AA0C-A8AF9EE04786_zps5e1ncwpd.jpg

It also helps distinguish the head more from Eidolon's sculpt.

Archived