The Children of Europa - A III Legion army blog

Jackalwolf

The fluff of my millenial has them arriving to Istvann III with delay since they were exiled by Fulgrim, and recovering Rylanor along with the 16th millennial to learn what happened.

Untill then, Cullns dreams were only nightmares and suspicions, but upon seeing the truth on the dead bodies of his brethren he took the black. Charmosian's body just happened to be close to Rylanor since he died in the Palace where Rylanor was buried in the tunnels (Book III when he disappears into the tunnels of the palace and noone sees him again).

On his helmet, we don't know what happened to him but actually it's the only part of my model that doesn't adjust to Charmosian's armor since his helmet is the typical chaplain one and I'm using Enkomi's more noble looking crested version.

I'm pretty sure Tarvitz told Lucius off for keeping such a macarbe trophy. He'd removed the Vox bead and used it for nefarious purposes by that stage, so he probably left it in the rubble.

Don't forget your awesome idea of the Aquila necklace mate, it'll make him look the part! Almost as good as the real Charmosian!

• 1 month later...

So had to take a step back from the army progression and do the bases for all my current finished minis and 11 more for one extra squad and Chaplain Culln!

I present you Squad Belus!

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah128/Grieux/Legio%20III/E60E6C85-59EE-4B4A-BA31-1700A33F91B7_zpsy6udwrzd.jpg

And a little army shot:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah128/Grieux/Legio%20III/687C9A01-FF97-41F0-90AA-49BB543A90A1_zpstuaba2hx.jpg

I already have the other 10 man veteran tactical squad fully airbrushed but I'll finish my Praetor and Primarch for my other project before finishing them off!

• 3 months later...

So! I know I have been a bit slow on updates here, but all bar finishing 9 tacticals is done (that's including all army basing done), and with the centering on the Vlka and the Phoenix terminators out of stock, I didn't have much inspiration to push on.

BUT. Guilliman happened. 40k Guilliman to be precise. And with that release I got inspired to imagine creating a Fulgrim more to my liking, without the thin legs and on a more sustainable pose. Then I decided to make a mock up and play a bit with Photoshop.

Introducing... ROBOGRIM!

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah128/Grieux/Legio%20III/Robogrim_zpskcs783lm.jpg 

What are your thoughts? Should I pull the trigger on this?

I think it could work, but only if you tweaked the posing of the legs. As is, Roboute's legs are very splayed out making it look way to stable and static to match Fulgrim's upper body, which is all movement.

The armor style itself actually seems to match quite well, and the proportions seem better than the stock model imo (for Guilliman, at least). It's just the pose that's awkward. I say go for it, I'm really interested to see how it would turn out in the end. 

Unfortunately I don't think the legs work at all. It looks like he has tree trunks for legs that are thicker than his torso. Proportions are just really off. Switching out the sword might work though. 

To be fair that is my main fear since the composition I made it out from the saves images from FW and GW, which means it could be off. So unless I manage to see a picture of both miniatures besides each other I would be flying blind until both are purchased and in my home. It could be better with the real parts or it could be worse.

I think it could work, but only if you tweaked the posing of the legs. As is, Roboute's legs are very splayed out making it look way to stable and static to match Fulgrim's upper body, which is all movement.

The armor style itself actually seems to match quite well, and the proportions seem better than the stock model imo (for Guilliman, at least). It's just the pose that's awkward. I say go for it, I'm really interested to see how it would turn out in the end. 

Yes I was shocked when noticing how similar the armor design is (ignoring size), even the trimmings are fitting perfectly well. I wonder how easy would it be to repose Guilliman's legs since they're made of plastic!

Beware of the size of the sword, in some of the images I've seen of Guilliman the sword looks gigantic, it might look extremely oversized in the hands of Fulgrim.

Edit: my fingers are too big for my phone :P

With that pose....

Get rid of the sword. Replace with plectrum.

Massive electric guitar in the other hand and you have power chord-grim

Seriously I like the concept and the sword would be cool as the sword he had before Laeran.

Legs donot seem right but could work if re-posed.

I recon the scale is going to be way off. The 40k Guilliman is noticeably larger than the 30k Primarchs, and Fulgrim is particular slim. The legs will be much to big for the torso, arms, etc. It's too hard to be sure though without seeing the actual model.

Archived