Imperial fist 2000pts

Would this be a legal Stone gauntlet list?

Praetor, RoW, para blade, combi plas, halo, mb's, digis 180

10 tac marines extra cccw, v&v, serg pf aa mb combi 220

5 Tac support 100

10 Phalanx wardens, 2 plasma guns, v&v, serg th combi mb aa 345

2 Contemptors, Kheres, Havocs, gravs, extra armour 460

10 H Bolters, hardened armour, serg Aug, aa 275

8 terminators, Tartarus, Ac & cf, 6x Vsh.& Cf, serg cv& Vsh 430

Total 2000

Plan would be to advance using the shield wall of termies and wardens the contemptor as turrets before pushing up and unloading fury of the legion and 5 Flamers template with the Hbolters either sniping or leapfrogging with the group if needed.

would it be wise to remove 2 termies in favour of an apothecary?

Was thinking if I save up to get a derideo instead of a contemptor for anti air (not many fliers at my club) so not to worried on that as yet. Would mainly play this against non marine players as have AL for those games.

Can you use phalanx squads or does it have to be standard Breachers?

If I can use phalanx as the troops I'd keep it all the Same and swap the tac and support squad for 2nd phalanx unit with 2 spec weapons and serg etc

Or if it's 2 standard Breachers as compulsory have same load out on each and have 15pts to play with, would either of those two combos work legally from that point on?

If it has to be standard bleachers as compulsory, would it be best to boost the phalanx squad up and use them instead of termies or keep the terminator squad and ditch the wardens?

Will hopefully have enough cash to get the book on the weekend so can stop asking quite so many questions ;)

It has to be Normal Breachers since Phalanx Warders are non-compulsory troops. Breachers are the only allowed units to fill compulsory selections.

Fair enough, I'm a big fan of them so that's acceptable, what would your recommendation in regards to opting for big Warner squad or termies as the elite block in that case?

Also if you did go termies what load out would you use with the 430 odd points available?

Just ordered the AoD book from forge world so can have a read up on the FoC's/rites properly then.

Warders are just Breachers with a better CC Punch and Plasma Guns. If you want a unit to kill stuff with in CC, these are not it.

However, if you're not giving an assault unit an assault transport, you're asking for them to get shot off the board, rendering them useless and since you're running Stone Gauntlet, you cannot deepstrike meaning no Deepstriking Combi-Weapon Terminators something only ~4 legions can actually do. 

Looking at your initial list and changing it to be legal, I'd go for:

+++ IF 2k (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (725pts) +

Legion Praetor (725pts) [Digital Lasers, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Paragon Blade, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Legion Terminator Command Squad [Grenade Harness, 3x Legion Space Marine Chosen, 4x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
····Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade]
··Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

+ Troops (620pts) +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (310pts) [2x Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
··Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (310pts) [2x Graviton Gun, 9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
··Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist]

+ Elites (350pts) +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (350pts)
··Cortus Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]
··Cortus Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Graviton Gun, Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon]

+ Heavy Support (305pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (305pts) [Autocannons, 9x Legion Space Marines]
··Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Melta Bombs]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

• List has 6 Graviton Guns which are 3" Haywire Blasts useful for taking down AV of any kind. They are Heavy weapons meaning if you move your Breachers, they aren't shooting.
  • Cortus' are a bit weaker but more affordable Contemptors especially at this relatively low points. S10 Chainfists means they wreck pretty much anything with an AV. Kheres can deal some ok shooting damage. Havoc Launchers are pretty worthless as is Extra Armour when you don't have the points to throw around: you don't at 2k.
  • Autocannons instead of Heavy Bolters. You lose BS5 Shooting and 10 Shots but gain S7 instead and, coupled with Tank Hunters, makes them much more threatening to things other than Av10/11 or Infantry. They can now hurt up to Av13 and deal respectable damage to T7+
  • Termy Command Squad all with Shields gives you WS5 in CC with Power Fists with a 2+/3++ that can Sweep. And, on the turn after you charge you bump back up to T5 and get Hammer of Wrath in the meantime. Since all the models in the Command Squad are Chosen Warriors, they can also challenge block for your Preator though you still have to abide by the rules for Blood and Honor with the Praetor.

• 2 weeks later...

Can terminator command squads take storm shields? I thought it was legion terminator squads only.

I hope you're correct as I'd love to covert my own 'elite' IF terminator units (WS 5 Fearless, storm shields and power axes, etc)

so Having got the Aod book i've decided to steer away from GoS and have come up with this list:

Forge lord; rad grenades, grav gun, aa, refractor, tamagochi,mb,pow axe. 155pts

(will be with tac support squad to make best use of rad weapons.)

10 Breachers, 2 spec weapons, vox & vex, serg, th, aa, combi, breach ch, mb. landraider Phobos 575pt

10 tac marines, extra ccw, vox & vex. serg pow fist, aa, combi. rhino 260pts

5 tac support flamers with Rhino 135pts

contemptor cortus , kheres, grav, extra armour, havoc 190pts

5 terminators, 5 chainfists, assault cannon, transponder 255pts

10 hvy bolters, hardened armour, serg aa, aug scanner, rhino 310pts

Scorpius 115pts

total is 1995 so 5 spare which could be added too if i strip the dread down.

plan is either to blast ahead in transports and set up a forward fire line against defensive enemies using mass bolter fire and the tanks to create fortress points as such and block flank moves or sit back usinga gunline and teleporting termies in as counter assault. will mainly be playing this against non heresy armies ie 40k aliens as will use Alphas for my actual heresy games which is anaother thread. whats the verdicts?

Archived