REF TALE - The Anthology

simison

Here's a thread to focus our efforts without flooding the poor, burdened General Discussion thread. 

Eighteen short stories for eighteen Primarchs.

What should the order be? How long should each story be, word-count-wise? 

For Alex, as requested, it'll be a piece of him on Delos before he successfully unifies it under his stewardship. It'll be about the 2/3rds of the way through his journey. Depending on length, I might include one of the battles with Xenevo in there.

And, does anyone have any preferences for Jade's story?

Edited by Lord Thørn

I don't really have anything to say on the content/length of the stories, but three primary options for the order come immediately to mind.

1. Chronologically
  2. Legion Order
  3. Order of Founding

I'm sure there are others too, but figured I'd post this as a starting point.

My vote for Order of Founding / reunion.

It allows us to have some interactions, cameos, chronological order logical development of events and the like.

Edited by Kelborn

Agreed on reunion order as well.

Kozja's story will be that of the Zalmoxite campaign, the last of the Strelian Unity wars. Back when he was only General of Darzalas and Atrifos of Asklep, waging the battles that would see him crowned High King at his return. Warrior and Scholar, but not yet Ruler, this Kozja will be more grimdark than his later depictions.

Yucahu I don't know, but it'll be after he leaves his original homeworld (still not done writing that new fluff), probably leading his Void Marines (not astartes, space-faring commandos) during a compliance prior to meeting the Imperial Fleet at Coaban.

*comes forward*

What about Slaanesh and his / her / whatever demons? Daemonettes and the like?

I'm pretty sure it's stated Slaanesh is all/no genders all at the same, it just depends who's viewing him/her/it/sclee(?) at the time.

Oh ok.

Don't mind then.

I would suggest that we create a new daemon as for example Khorne got about 8 hosts consisting of 8 Bloodthirsters = enough space for us to play with

Now imagining Doombreed as the Spirit of Jazz from the Mighty Boosh (apologies to the non-Brits to whom this will make no sense). It's a special kind of terrifying. Edited by bluntblade

Doombreed's beyond Primarch skills D:

What about (bear with me here) Valkia? She's officially daemonic now, so she can be all over the shop.

I don't think she's in 40k, as far as I'm aware she's Fantasy only.

Aye I know, but now she's a daemon she's pretty open for grabs what with reality hopping stuff, like how Draigo was in the End Times. Plus this is our universe, let's screw with everything until it walks like John Wayne.