Mikhals Wonderland - Today: a blast from the past

Nice set of bulky torsos! I think casting them before sculpting would be better so you can really change the details for each model (unless you plan on standardizing the armor with the same details). Looking forward to seeing what you use the torsos forĀ :biggrin.:.

@Pearson73: Thx mate.

Ā 

Ā 

Absolutely stellar work!

You flatter me

Ā 

Nice set of bulky torsos! I think casting them before sculpting would be better so you can really change the details for each model (unless you plan on standardizing the armor with the same details). Looking forward to seeing what you use the torsos forĀ :D.

Actually that is the plan. I want to standardize this armor. At least for destroyers and breachers as the armor is inspired by the mk4 destroyer pattern. Legion specific stuff comes after I have cast a few^^ ( And ruled out most of the flaws)

Ā 

Your scultping skills are really coming along, bravo.

Thanks. I do nothing else nowadays. Never expected that sculpting is so much fun.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ā 

Ā 

Hey guys, it is time for the not so regular weekly downgrade. Due to vacation time I had not much time to work on the torsi but I was still able to have done some things.

Ā 

Ā 

883592-.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

883591-.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

883590-.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

I also started to work on some legs.

Ā 

883594-.jpg

Ā 

883593-.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

As usual, merci beaucoup for every critic and hint.

Ā 

Not sure if there will be an update next week because I can get my hands on the new box earlier than estimated and it could be that a chapter of Wardens of Light Primaris will arise. Damn Cawl, why do you mess with lost legion genes although Guilliman forbade it?

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent work on the breastplates. I like the fact they're shaped to direct incoming attacks AWAY from the wearers' vital organs, like Renaissance era plate armor.

Thx mate

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Now to the news. I challenged Vairocanum to a duel in the August Arena

Ā 

Ā 

I will built a Wolf Lord who was there when the XIth was purged and Gwalchavad was struck down by his own sons.

Ā 

Say hello to Jorrik SnĆøwolf

Ā 

888168_sm-starting%20point.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Not much atm but i always wanted to truscale those nice bits^^ and make a good wolf from it.

Ā 

Ah. And he gets an axe. A big Axe .Vairocanum demamded it.

Really interested in what you come up with, once you remove the triangle head Geigor is pretty cool model. Also, I've been trying to PM you but it seem that you've reached the maximum of PMs allowed (a 100, really??? How did you do that? :P). I see that you already have an opponent for the first one, but I would like to challenge you for the second round of the August arena! ;)

Looking forward to seeing what you make, but also looking forward to seeing what you do with the Dark Imperium box!

It will be goofy.

Ā 

Really interested in what you come up with, once you remove the triangle head Geigor is pretty cool model. Also, I've been trying to PM you but it seem that you've reached the maximum of PMs allowed (a 100, really??? How did you do that? :tongue.:). I see that you already have an opponent for the first one, but I would like to challenge you for the second round of the August arena! :wink:

Okay, if I am able to make it to the 2nd round, your challene is accepted.

And I deleted some mails, so you can pm me again. How do I reach 100 conversations? I like to chat, just ask Kelborn, we have about 100 pages of chat^^.

Ā 

Interesting. How do you plan to truescale him?

No Idea^^ I wanted to take parts from him and use him an a sculpt. my first batch of truescale upper bodies were to big, but for a anabolic wolf it might fit.

Ā 

888269_sm-.jpg

but if you insist..truescaling him is possible. Should I give it a try?

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I was just curious if/how you'd do it :teehee:, but a ) that torso looks ace, and b )Ā you're definitely capable of pulling it off. If you feel like it I'm not going to stand in your way.Ā :wink:

Edited by Isengrin

After a haircut he might look different. Howrver. I want to make a helmeted version. So helm^^ i think the bruality will transfer better ( especially as I can't paint faces^^)

Coming along really nicely, the open claw looks better than the original, but the upper armour of the flexed leg is a bit curved, it is only a nitpick, but I think it could be more or less easily fixed and I just can't unsee it now...

Your wish has been granted.

Ā 

As my 2 children are sick I have to stay at home and watch for them. Good thing is: They sleep a lot so I have pleeeeeenty of time to kitbash Jorrik SnĆøwolf, my August Arema Entry.

Ā 

As he wears void hardened MK4 Armor, i gave him the Gravis Helmet. What do you think? I could also give him a mk3, mk3, interceptor or bare head ( some beardy guy shouting, not the triangle head)

Ā 

What do you think? Does the helm fit ( plan to add a wolf tail as this seems common for apace wolves)

Ā 

For the back: normal backpack? Backpack with fur and a cloak ( although this will hide some details of the back or a jetpack?

Ā 

Ā 

Ahh. Here some more wip pics.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

888910_sm-.jpg

Ā 

888915_sm-.jpg

Ā 

888907_sm-.jpg

Ā 

888908_sm-.jpg

Looking awesome! Personally I think the Gravis helmet looks more like a techmarine head, in my opinion an MKIII or bare head would look better since it seems more brutal looking. As for the back packI think a regular one would look nice, maybe with a trophy rack since he gives off sort of a "hunter" feel. Love the details you've added to him, I'm going to need to catch up next week! Hope your kids get well soon!

I followed you lead and exchanged the helmet with a mk3 one. Maybe I will add some bits to the helm as it does not look brital enough. However..it you be solved via painting.

Ā 

Ā 

But now the close to finished wip pics.

Ā 

889394_sm-.jpg

Ā 

889391_sm-.jpg

Ā 

889392_sm-.jpg

Ā 

889390_sm-.jpg

Ā 

Lookong forward to your c&c

If you have one to hand I'd actually suggest a Mk.II Crusade Helm rather than the Mk.III, IMHO while the Iron Armour in general looks better, the helm looks a little goofy and the reinforced faceplate reminds me of a cartoon Medieval Knight's helm. On the other hand the Mk.II evokes a strange sense of menace in my eyes with the single visor looking like a single baleful eye (ironic in this case I know), the centre ridge going down the centre of the face reminds me of the nose and eye protection on some old Norse helms and the faceplate brings to mind an evil, wolfish (!) grin that promises bad, bad things coming your way very, very soon. Edited by SanguiniusReborn

If you have one to hand I'd actually suggest a Mk.II Crusade Helm rather than the Mk.III, IMHO while the Iron Armour in general looks better, the helm looks a little goofy and the reinforced faceplate reminds me of a cartoon Medieval Knight's helm. On the other hand the Mk.II evokes a strange sense of menace in my eyes with the single visor looking like a single baleful eye (ironic in this case I know), the centre ridge going down the centre of the face reminds me of the nose and eye protection on some old Norse helms and the faceplate brings to mind an evil, wolfish (!) grin that promises bad, bad things coming your way very, very soon.

Hey ho bro,

Ā 

I searched in my bitsbox but i actually have no mk2 helmet. I thought I have any bit at least too times:/. Now I want to test it out.

Ā 

Whoa that pose is looking fantastic, looks like he's in mid chase! I think I'm going for a more static pose on my wolf lord so will be the opposite. Btw what is that cable coming over his shoulder pad for?

Ā 

Thx man.

Indeed he is in the middle of the charge. Purging a legion takes effort.^^

Ā 

The cable is from the power mace. It will be attsched directly to the backpack as soon as everything is painted.

That pose is breathtaking!!! It gives him a somehow predatorial look which is perfect for a space wolf. Also the mkIII fits him better than the gravis one in my opinion.

Ā 

Pd: just realised that, coming from you, one of the greatest lost legion champions, this is an unforgivable betrayal! A son of the Vlka Fenrika, really?! The merciless psychopath assassins of the corpse emperor!!! I'm really let down by this choice of chapter, brother... :P