Mikhals Wonderland - Today: a blast from the past

Your GS skills are awesome. I practically ooze envy looking at your WIP updates haha.

And that is a nice helm. I was wondering if it was a FW DA but it was plastic. Definitely a good pic and you never really see a well helmeted primarch. I always thought when they would make the night haunter he'd probably have a helmet as I thought sunlight would screw him over. Nope.

You flattering me. Nontheless I try my best to envy you^^

It was just a coincedence that I used THAT helmet. Had it lying on my desk and I never thought of giving it to K'awil. I still want to make a bare head but everybody likes the helm now.

One more glimpse on K'awil, this time his back. I attached already his upper arms and legs and gave them some armor, whoch of course you can't see from the pic :/

961073_sm-.jpg

Edit: Now I had time to take some additional pics. Yay

961083-.jpg

961082-.jpg

961084-.jpg

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Yeah, the helmet has a great look to it and I think with some of your hobbying magic you could make it worthy of a primarch. If you go with a barehead you won't hear me complain. Normally I think primarch minis look great without helmets since they are such larger than life characters. The only helmeted primarch I've liked was artstation's (I think that was the name) Horus' helmeted head.

HAMLET: To be, or not to be--that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune

Or to take arms against a sea of troubles

And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--

No more--and by a sleep to say we end

The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks

That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation

Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--

To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,

Must give us pause. There's the respect

That makes calamity of so long life.

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,

Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely

The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,

The insolence of office, and the spurns

That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,

When he himself might his quietus make

With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,

To grunt and sweat under a weary life,

But that the dread of something after death,

The undiscovered country, from whose bourn

No traveller returns, puzzles the will,

And makes us rather bear those ills we have

Than fly to others that we know not of?

Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,

And thus the native hue of resolution

Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,

And enterprise of great pitch and moment

With this regard their currents turn awry

And lose the name of action. --

Be all my sins remembered.

961615_sm-.jpg

961616_sm-.jpg

Yeah, the helmet has a great look to it and I think with some of your hobbying magic you could make it worthy of a primarch. If you go with a barehead you won't hear me complain. Normally I think primarch minis look great without helmets since they are such larger than life characters. The only helmeted primarch I've liked was artstation's (I think that was the name) Horus' helmeted head.

Wow. I saw the helm. Awesome.stuff. lets see what i can do. But first lend me a hand^^

• 2 weeks later...

964975-.jpg

Just testing the bare-headed option and saw that he can be reposed as well. Menacing.

Yeah, that is a dead marine!

Totally

I like the ornate armor and the dynamic poses.

Thx. Was the first time for me to make an more than ornate armor. And I love the pose. Wjat do you say to the repose?

Really liking the dynamic poses, that is most certainly one unlucky marine.

Or lucky enough that he don't has to see tge massacre coming later^^ Edited by MikhalLeNoir

As the Character isn't looking directly at the head in his right hand, the pose looks far less dynamic- like a scene of the Character taking trophies AFTER the battle, instead of a fierce Close Combat scene in which your impassioned Character is determined to beat his enemies to death. The sword point should be aimed at the throat of the owner of the head in your Character's right hand, again emphasizing this image was taken DURING battle, and not after- your Character is a WARRIOR who can fight and kill by himself, not a ghoulish poser who claims the heads of those the real warriors killed, in a pathetic attempt to make himself look cool.

The bare head is nice, but I think I prefer the helm, it just works so well with the patterned armour. I think Bjorn makes some good points regarding his pose and direction of his head.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Bjorn Firewalker: I thought it would be more of a I cut his head if pose^^

@hushrong: thx. I made a bearded version and will make it interchangeable..my first multipart choice kit^^

977025-.jpg

@Pearson73: thx mate. The head is not the problem. The pose too. But having multiple option is kinda cool

I still am not satisfied with his feet. I actually hate them, but somehow i always make them look worse.

@Vairocanum: merci. However it was a standin head. Just looked cool.

@Isengrin: Thx. I think the customer was satisfied as well. Kawil will take some extra time because meanwhile I had a few Storeprojects to pursue for orctober.

Speaking of which, I introduce you to

Santa Claws

977024-.jpg

When I realized I need a pic, the store qas already.closed so I had to take the picture from outside.

Hope I get better pics soon^^

977015-Santa%20Claws.jpg

• 11 months later...

He stood, pulling the sword from the stone floor; its edges glittered like sharpened obsidian.

"I will not fail," he said, in the quiet of the Terran night the words sounded like a vow.

1028375-.jpg

1028378-.jpg

1028377-.jpg

1028385-.jpg

1028387-.jpg

1028384-.jpg

Wow. Has been some time^^

Say hello to this nice chap. He will be the prize for the next store anniversary in Berlin.

I like the fact you have the Emperor's Champion dynamically posed, but unless you decorate the base with an enemy who was knocked off his feet- whom the Champion intends to finish off with a downwards thrust- you should adjust the pose so the sword is parallel to the ground, as appropriate for a warrior charging forth to thrust his sword into his enemy's heart.

I'm agreeing with Adelard. Additionally, the pose of that Black Templar is CLEARLY that he's charging forward and about to do a run-through or jumping stab.

Still, I'm seconding sockwithaticket. Hell of a way to say "I'm back!" :tu: