Mikhals Wonderland - Today: a blast from the past

Great sculpting, buddy! What I like in particular are the Gorgon shoulder pads with those feathers attached. They look rad.

Regarding the wings, I'd probably cut off the two cylinders of the backpack and glue on feathery wings like those from the DE Scourges. Either that, or maybe there's enough space between shoulders and backpack to put them there. I think an uneven number of wings might look interesting too. (...just saw TheBlindPrimarch's reply, looks like he got it covered ;))

Hehe, a thing I will never ever again do. Tried so many ideas how to attach those feathers and in the end the simplest was the best

Looks like it's going to be another interesting conversion! Press molding for the win!

It really easens the job and speed things up. Thx to you I really dived into it.

^^. I wish there were more. Needed to pressmould it from the celestant prime. A plastic plate would have been better.

The Lord Celestant has one too, but I just saw that half of it is covered by the shoulderpad, so probably won't be sculpted...

One of the newer figures ( on a dragon) has a smaller one too but it is too expensive and just for pressmolding I don't want to pay a fortune for a model^^

That is all looking very well now but you know me, I want to see all these good sculpts painted!

uhmm....I am working on it. Can't finish Raktra before the next guy and the base are finished....^^

Speaking of the next guy, here are some more WiP-Pics. The head is a proxy and he is far far f ar from finished but your comments have always been a worthy help on my figures. So if you have Ideas, go for it.

873042_sm-.jpg

873041_sm-.jpg

Man, he looks awesome, will have to see the arms to judge the pose, but it look great so far. However, and I know I may not be the most appointed person to say this after my last sculpt, the feet look a bit too small. Do NOT over do them, but I would probable enlarge them a bit, space marined usually have big boots. Maybe addimg a sole would be enough?

But again, I may not be the best one to talk about this ;), so great model overall!

Man, he looks awesome, will have to see the arms to judge the pose, but it look great so far. However, and I know I may not be the most appointed person to say this after my last sculpt, the feet look a bit too small. Do NOT over do them, but I would probable enlarge them a bit, space marined usually have big boots. Maybe addimg a sole would be enough?

But again, I may not be the best one to talk about this ;), so great model overall!

No arms exist At the Moment so the Pose is not written in stone. I thought of his left arm is Linda backwards(shield arm) and the Other forward Holding an axe shortly before he Hits the target. Torso is then Turned slightly left AS well.

Haha, yeah I add some trims to make the boots bitter, just not that much

Well, whenever I want one of my captains converted I will probably ask you for a commission, he looks brilliant! I love the chest piece you've done for him!

THX man, just be my guest

Whoa thats looking pretty cool so far. For the boots maybe add some plasticard to the soles instead of just adding a trim? Looking forward to seeing what you do for the arms!

Yeah, maybe this is the right approach.

Today it is all about posing. I can#t decide which pose is the best approach? A slashing Pose? one where he approaches with the shield raised (or blocking a heavy hit?)

So your task today: help me decide which pose is the best.

Remember: He has to face this guy and around him a lot of Crimson Lions will be cut in two^^ (Sorry Sig^^)

834051_sm-.jpg

POSE 1: The Block

874855_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

874854_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

Hectarion blocks the slash of his adversary and is driven backwards.

POSE 2: BLock and then Chop

874856_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

874858_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

Hec has blocked the hit and prepares for a counter attack

POSE 3: Shield up Axe up

874857_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

874859_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

Hec advances with his shield raised and prepares a strike from above. Sure, the pose is not very different from the one before. Maybe a bit more upright and his body slightly more turned.

POSE4: Blocking is for losers, Attack the groin!!!!

874860_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

874862_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

An all out attack to the legs, Hec has ducked under Raktras sword slash and counters the hit. He could also jump to the side and aim for Raktras legs.

POSE 5: Hey, that is no pose, that is a backpack with a long mane attached to it.

874863_sm-Hectarion%2C%20Lion%2C%20Lost%

The lions backpack^^

Holy crap Hec looks awesome, I can't wait to see him and Raktra face off against one another! As for the posing so far No.3 is my choice, although I do wonder if it's aggressive enough for Hec.

Astonishing work, mate! :tu:

As for the pose, I'm voting for 3 or 4 with tendencies to 4.

3 because it's the most natural and comprehensible pose when facing Raktra

4 because it's all or nothing, way more dramatic when combined with Raktra and some dead Lions

The viewer will ask himself: Who is about to fall and who shall prevail this clash of titans?

Hmm, I think I'll go with Door Number 3. While the groin attack looks funny (and could work as a reacting pose coupled with the other guy charging in), I overall like the third one best.

P.S.: I'll hit you up later with some good news, as soon as I got all the info down.

Thx guys for all the input. I really appreciate it.

So it seems it will be either pose 2 or 3. Funny, the first was my favorite^^

Here comes the next sneak peek. Now i need arms.and an axe. Where do I get a big big chain axe?

875341_sm-Hectarion%2C%20armless.jpg

@Blind: No probs, now I had time to cast him and he looks insane. I can recast him now for about 10 bucks if you need one more^^.

@Isengrin: Nu bin ich aber mal gespannt. ( I am eager for his message)

Edited by MikhalLeNoir