Help building a new IF legion

My will to resist has broken, and I'm planning to jump into the Heresy. Ironically I've chosen the immovable stone that is The VII legion, The Imperial Fists.

I haven't invested in any of the books yet, as I'd like to order them along with my first batch of resin to supplement a BaC set. There are a few things that I already own that I think I could use in this force. I own :

2x landraiders

3x drop pods

2x contemptors

4x kheres assault canons

2x cyclone missile launchers

So that's possibly a small start. I was thinking that this could be a crusade Era force that was meant to overtake enemy strongholds and then refortify and hold them. I really like the idea of going Apothecary heavy, since they don't know when reinforcements might be coming to start pushing a new front.

So what direction do you guys think I should move in? Are there any rites that I should be building to? Any characters that would be condussive with this theme? Or do I do some build-a-bear unnamed HQs? What kind of resin upgrade kits could work with a BaC set to get this going?

Thank you guys for any advice you can throw my way in advance! Hopefully if I can get this off the ground, I'll be starting a wip thread up.

Contemptors don't have Cyclones in 30k, they have Havocs. Don't stick em on.

For Anti-Air, Dual Kheres will be "meh" at best unless you can get ungodly placement/rolls. Stick to 1 (Chain)Fist and Kheres for a "Jack of all trades" Contemptor.

For Dedicated Anti-Air the deredeo makes Mortis Dreads look like a joke so thats a thing to pick up if Flyers are a concern.

+++

Go on 1d4chan's 30k Page and give it a Solid Read alongside taking a look at the Tactica Threads we have present. That should give you a better idea of what you might end up building towards.

Archived