Short Stout Heresy

IMG 5273

So this is a special little army that I've been working on for a bit over a year now that I am to have finished by the end of the month.  I'm only going to be using it in friendly games so it's made up of 30k Imperial army with Tauroxes (I figure that squats would have pretty advanced vehicles and weaponry) as well as an Inquisitor and Bullgryns.

IMG 5280

First we my Inquisitor with his Bullgryn bodyguard and their Taurox.

IMG 5277

Next is my Force commander. Still needs a fair bit of greenstuff work.

IMG 5274

Command squad with a medic and grenade launchers.

IMG 5275

Grenadiers with lasrifles, a melta gun and a rotor cannon (or hotshot volley gun).  Still missing 3 riflemen.

IMG 5276

Grenadier squad 2 needs a bit of work, there's another flamer around somewhere and the sarge has a hand flamer.  The unit will be equipped with laslocks in game.

IMG 5278

and my Enginseer with his servitors

There's also a unit of ratlings which you can see in the group picture.

Still to build are 3 quad mortars.  I think I'm going to make them using the Irondrake cannons.

Well I'll be... huh.png

Think we could get some closer pictures with a bit of light? Its kind of hard to make out the models but from what I can see these fellas look swanky!

Thank you! I'll get some better pictures when I've moved along a little further :)

Looks good, are you mixing scion and dwarf parts?

Thanks! Yea, I'm starting to mix in some normal guard parts because I'm running out of scion pieces (and money!)

They look like a mix of cadians and warhammer dwarves. Am I anywhere close?

I only ask because I'm looking at building an inquisitor who's fleeing from the galactic centre and thought homo rotundus might be interesting henchmen.

They look like a mix of cadians and warhammer dwarves. Am I anywhere close?

I only ask because I'm looking at building an inquisitor who's fleeing from the galactic centre and thought homo rotundus might be interesting henchmen.

Scions and longbeards/ironbreakers.  The kits work amazingly well together, but I'm sure normal cadians would work too.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived