++March of the Legions: VI Completions++

March of the Legions

Month 14 Completions: The VI Legion

http://i.imgur.com/43SRtZc.png

Please only leave the five pictures from your completion in the VI Legion Challenge, and the fluff for your characters. Any other comments or text will be deleted. Thank you. smile.png

sml_gallery_92911_11810_1196301.jpg

++The greenskin monstrosity towered over the burning hulk of the Warlord titan it had just rent asunder, pausing a moment to gloat before crushing the hapless machine beneath enormous treads. Imperial Army commanders began issuing desperate orders for immediate relocation of additional anti-tank support elements, but they knew their companies would never be enough. The capital city of the planet Hatnex was doomed.++

sml_gallery_92911_11810_1020081.jpg

++Hogor and his brothers are gone. 10 hardened veterans, noble warriors, wiped out in an instant by a massive bolt of crackling blue lightning hurled from one of the gargant's many weapons. The VIth Legion relief force hadn't fared very well in the face of the enormous warmachine. Their legion Falchions hadn't been enough to penetrate it's sizzling energy shields, and most of them perished in the first engagement. In less than a day it would be in range of the capital city, Gloriad. Evacuation protocols were in motion, but it would be too little and too late if they couldn't bring the beast down. All these thoughts crossed Agmundr Bryn's mind in an instant as the great gargant brushed aside the latest ambush attempt, easily tanking every weapon they could throw at it.++

sml_gallery_92911_11810_808355.jpg

++It was dangerous, but what else was new? Bryn knew what must be done. Even at the risk of terrible consequences implicated by the enormous psykic feat he was set on completing. Agmundr knelt to the dirt, the ground becoming one with him as he focused his otherworldly powers. Cataphractii terminators shielded him from hails of fire, spending their lives to protect his. Bryn projected his mind down to the very core of Hatnex, wrestling with her soul for dominance. Hoarfrost settled around him, roots began climbing up his body, which was buffeted with invisible blows. Suddenly a crack in the earth reaching to the very core of Hatnex began opening at his Agmundr's knees, spreading outward and splintering ever wider, in a direct course for the gargant. The gorge rent the ground beneath the warmachine then began sundering further apart. The gargant realized too late what was happening, and wallowed in a pathetic attempt to evade the inevitable. The greenskin idol fell to the very core of Hetnax, consumed by her ravenous maw. The rift closed as soon as this was done.++

sml_gallery_92911_11810_285310.jpg

++Agmundr Bryn would never rise from his knees again. Turned to a statue of sorcerously infused wood by his titanic battle with a planet's soul, a now indestructible testament to his sacrifice.++

sml_gallery_92911_11810_313598.jpg

++ I was born of Terra.

I was stolen from the Iberian clan that birthed me and taken to serve in the VI Legion mere years before our Primarch was found on that damned ball of ice and mud Fenris is.
There are so few of us, Terrans, now. We watched with amusement how the first inductees from the Fenrisian culture started to permeate the Legion, all furs and tokens. We didn’t realize how fast that culture would take hold of us. The Wolf King made sure of that.

Don’t get me wrong, I felt at home with my new little brothers. Theirs is a joy to battle to match our own, and so I draped myself on furs, and laughed as I put the Rout’s enemies to sleep on the red snow.

The Rout, the Vlka Fenryka, the Space Wolves. Such names.

Call us what you must. We are the Emperor’s executioners. The name you call us by doesn’t change that terrible, terrible fact.

I am old now. One of the precious few remaining from the Legion’s early days. Soon, we will be gone forever. The galaxy is unkind enough to see to that sooner rather than later. It matters not. The Legion is all that matters and we are all the same now, Terran and Fenrisian alike, we are VI Legion now and forever.

Our duty to the Wolf King and the Allfather will be enough reward when the next winter arrives.++

IMG 2721

IMG 2722

IMG 2723

IMG 2724

• 9 months later...

Archived