Unit of the Week XI - Sororitas Command Squad

Aqui

Unit of the week I - Exorcist

Unit of the week II - Imolator

Unit of the week III - Repentia

Unit of the Week IV - Battle Sister Squad (BSS)

Unit of the Week V - The Penitent Engine

Unit of the Week VI - The Canoness

Unit of the Week VII - Ministorum Priests/Jacobus

Unit of the Week VIII - Celestine

Unit of the Week - IX - Seraphim

Unit of the Week X - Retributor Sisters Squad (RSS)

Welcome to part XI of Unit of the Week (and on time for once! laugh.png ). This week, we discuss the viability of having a Command Squad. The vast majority of the (increasingly huge number of) lists I've put together have a Command Squad in there. They usually entail having the Hospitaler with either all heavy weapons (until recently I only had one of each, but that's gonna change verrrrrry soon! happy.png ), or a Celestian with a power sword and either a Bolt gun of Plasma pistol and some regular Sisters. I hate the Dialogus model so much that I will not get one (even if the model is good on the table) laugh.png

So, what builds do members use if they field one? Are they a points sink, or are they a sneaky way of getting an extra squad of heavy weapons on the board?

I've decided to try 5x Heavy Flamer in an immolator. In the one game I ran them they cooked a sternguard squad.

In the past, I've tried 3x HF, Hospitaler, and Sacred Banner of the order Militant, and ran them in an immo with my evicerator canoness. They just drew fire and died before they killed much. And it was an expensive squad.

I question the usefulness of the Hospitaler over a 5th weapon. This seems to be the main advantage they have over the Retributors and Dominions. Unless you go for a cc loadout, which was what I was attempting above, but I obviously did it wrong. With all the S6+ flying around the battlefield, the FnP doesn't seem as great to me as I would like.

I hate the Dialogus model so much that I will not get one (even if the model is good on the table) laugh.png

Heresy! Sister Dialogus is the greatest model GW have ever made, secondly possibly only to the original Nagash model. I love mine and use her all the time as a count-as Ministorum Priest :)

Anybody tried 5x Power Axes and Bolt Pistols as a loadout? Seems like it could be fun.

The Act of Faith is so weird for this squad.

5x Heavy Bolters plus a Repressor seems like a good way to use this squad. Rhino if going for a cheap objective grabber.

3*power axe, hospitaller and sacred banner is my usual loadout for the command squad - that said, I only field it as part of my horde'o'stabby sisters list.

Horde'o'stabby sisters. Lol

5 Multi-Meltas in a Repressor. First time I fielded the unit, made 4 of 5 snap shot hits against an Ork trukk on turn 1, anticipating one hit at best.

Unit proceeded to take out several trukks over the course of the game while the Repressor did its own share of cooking Boyz.

5 Multi-Meltas in a Repressor. First time I fielded the unit, made 4 of 5 snap shot hits against an Ork trukk on turn 1, anticipating one hit at best.

Unit proceeded to take out several trukks over the course of the game while the Repressor did its own share of cooking Boyz.

Truly you are a servant of the Emperor's will, for he was with you that day!

Yeah. That command squad (+ priest), gunslinger Canoness, Celestine (leading Repentia), 2*20 Battle Sisters (power axes + meltaguns), Melta-minions.

I have most of those models . . . I'd have to proxy the command squad, I only own 4 meltagun sisters, and I'm short several bolter sisters. Oh, and the power axes on the superiors, and the canoness's weapons, but I might have to try that . . .

who knows when the next time I'll actually get around to playing will be. And I honestly don't really like fielding Repentia, especially since I've written them out of my order's fluff, but I own a full squad, so I might as well.

And I honestly don't really like fielding Repentia, especially since I've written them out of my order's fluff, but I own a full squad, so I might as well.

/dons Liber hat. Well, there is nothing to stop you from stating in your fluff that the Repentia are from another Order, who had been on a joint mission and were the only survivors from that contingent. Rather than commit ritual suicide (or some other form of penitence), the Repentia were convinced to accompany your Order until such time that they could be returned to their own Order and either carry on as regular Sisters to bolster the short fall in recruits, or continue to be Repentia.

But to stay within the confines of the topic, I have to admit that I hadn't thought of having a "hordeo'stabbysisters" before. That might be very fun to try happy.png

And I honestly don't really like fielding Repentia, especially since I've written them out of my order's fluff, but I own a full squad, so I might as well.

/dons Liber hat. Well, there is nothing to stop you from stating in your fluff that the Repentia are from another Order, who had been on a joint mission and were the only survivors from that contingent. Rather than commit ritual suicide (or some other form of penitence), the Repentia were convinced to accompany your Order until such time that they could be returned to their own Order and either carry on as regular Sisters to bolster the short fall in recruits, or continue to be Repentia.

But to stay within the confines of the topic, I have to admit that I hadn't thought of having a "hordeo'stabbysisters" before. That might be very fun to try happy.png

Yes, that could work, although the sisters of my order are of the opinion that someone who did something bad enough to be made a repentia doesn't really deserve to fight for the Emperor . . . but since they aren't members of my order (and never where) they can probably have a pass. Especially if "Hillbilly Space Preacher Extraordinaire" Jacobus is leading them.

Archived