WAR's Raven Guard & Raptors

WAR

Sounds like the DG was and the1000 Sons battle would have been a great game. The fluff monster in me dislikes fighting other Imperium units though at least they weren’t Astartes :)

They look kinda cool but never been a fan of shotgun scouts (ok most all Scouts except Snipers). Definitely like bolters for cost :)

Do you have any Aggressors or Hellblasters? If you’re SftS with a for slogging Captain why not do it with something that can rapid-fire/tear a while in your opponents backside for similar cost (admitted infantry biased)?

Not sure how it played out but I don’t see the character assassination team as boneheaded. Rerolls to hit and wound? It was like having a mini-Gman deepstriking FTW.

I have both units but I like messing with people by using scouts. Plus 10th company was being worked on since mid 7th and that was their 1st game

Those games sound great!

Scout bikes are super fun, it would be awesome to see more.

I think triple predators with any load out are underrated; I use 3 with the kill shot stratagem and they are a work horse

I wish gw would restock them so I could get more of them

Yeah I plans for 2 more predators destructors then I would like to do 2 Annhilator variants to add to the current brigade list I have in my head.

Right now I’m trying to figure out all my fluff reasons for taking what I have that fits the scouts and support strike elements on the first strike cruiser before the rest of the army arrives on the battle barge.

• 1 month later...

With the Xenos threat hitting Khymara hard, the 10th Company of Raptors have fallen back and requested support from Deathwatch and the Ordo Xenos..

Razorback/ Rhino- shown with FW TLC and THB

gallery_26778_14419_473000.jpg

Work in Progress of "Jokaero Weaponsmith"

gallery_26778_14419_34913.jpg

Thanks Race...saw some one make one online and doing some changes to mine. I just cant see Alien Hunters accepting an alien in their ranks. Seems Radical and Heretical to me.  But still alot to do on him. Only other part I have for him is weapon arm.....great for killing aliens 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So working has been kick my butt lately.....extra hours, company change, etc etc etc.

Have yet to finish my 489 pt DW vow......or work on it since week 2 really need to get on that. Hopefully next week and get back to working on my Raptors.  My gaming group is doing  slow grow escalation league and originally I was gonna do DW but I think I am gonna back to my 10th Co. Raptors.  Plus I want to build my other predators

Anvil order is processing....

gallery_26778_13981_9891.jpg

40 tactical scopes

gallery_26778_13981_11678.jpg

10 reflex sights

gallery_26778_13981_4913.jpg

10 thermal scopes

gallery_26778_13981_12632.jpg

20 sniper scopes

gallery_26778_13981_13247.jpg

40 suppressors

gallery_26778_13981_3254.jpg

40 box mags

gallery_26778_13981_20030.jpg

40 peqs

and thinking about getting this kit, anybody try it yet

gallery_26778_13981_181128.jpg

It just so happens I bought the side armor plates and plan on a review in the General PCA forum.  I don't have the turret, although I am confident it is a bigger than the GW Predator turret.

The review won't be for at least a couple of weeks :(  Yet, so far, the pieces look great.  Looking at pics online is making me :drool: to use them for my next Rhino hull.

This is gonna look A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Can't wait :biggrin.:

You know I wont build it stock, right......still toying with how I can "War009" it to fit my other planned Predator tanks.... :biggrin.:

Anvil's stuff is so awesome!

I've used their stick mags and scopes on some of my models already, strongly considering some new arms, rifles and box mags for a squad of bolter scouts.

Oh I used a ton of their bits on my scouts so far. I was running low and they were out of stock for a while. I usually equip them with a box mag and peq on the bolters then give 2 scouts tactical scopes and 2 sniper scopes out of a 5 man squad (5th guy has a missile launcher). Shotguns get the reflex sight.

Like so

gallery_26778_13981_19192.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_47225.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_18697.jpg

It just so happens I bought the side armor plates and plan on a review in the General PCA forum. I don't have the turret, although I am confident it is a bigger than the GW Predator turret.

The review won't be for at least a couple of weeks :sad.: Yet, so far, the pieces look great. Looking at pics online is making me :drool: to use them for my next Rhino hull.

Slacker :whistling:

Edited by war009

• 2 weeks later...

Anvil Industries stuff arrived last week. I can tell they definitely updated the molds as there is a lot more detail on the items. 

Spent most of the "Staycation" last week cleaning and reorganizing my stuff. I have a ton of unbuilt stuff to build.....:blush.: :

-Lias Issoden (mk II)- Originally I was gonna do him as wearing Reiver armor but I think Im gonna put in a modified DW armor. 

-MK IV Apothecary-  I'm running lots of MK IV on the characters so it fits. 

-MK 7 Apothecary- standard Apothecary

-Master of Signals- 10th Company "Ancient"

-2 10th Co LTs.

-2 Librarians- one will be a converted Kill Team Cassius, Blood Raven Librarian and the other the standard Librarian.

- Chaplain- Old Pewter bionic face one.....One of my Favorite Chaplains.

-Imperial Space Marine (custom)- I'm gonna have him in MK VI so kneeling legs and torso gathered up. Lots of pouches and various bits gathered up. Still need to grab arms and some other bits for him. 

-Recon Squad- Sternguard

-Land Speeder Tempest (3)- checked to make sure all the parts are there and how much work it is really gonna take me to build them. 

-25 scouts :yes:-  thats before the scout bodies from the storms, and legs I got from Plookone before they were removed.  And that is not counting the 26 already built

-3 Land Speeder Storms

-2 more regular land speeders- one tornado and the other wil be the 3rd typhoon)

-2 more predators

-Arm less Dreadnought- still need to acquire his quad autocannon arms.

plus some other bits....:whistling: