WAR's Raven Guard HH & 40K (formerly Raptors)

WAR

Update:

Finally got around to painting a scout up. Pictures to be posted later once I take them. But Veteran Sgt Helios of the Raptors 10th company is painted and based.....now to get to work on the rest of his squad. 

• 2 weeks later...

2 week update.....I got the black (fatigues, hair, and parts to be metalic) on the 3 of the 4 remaining scout members of Squad Helios. Don't know when I'llget around to them again. I need to get cracking on My Deathwatch vow (have to build 4 more models, prime paint, and base and I'll have the cassius box set, converted artemis model  and a Venerable dreadnought done for them) that needs to be done by Nov. 12th.

I will really try to get pics of them...

These all look great! You found just the right amount of customization for your army to look great, and I think the Predator looks great. It really has a WWII-era feel for me, with the sandbags. I could easily imagine a couple scouts laying prone on the hull of the tank, returning fire. 

Anyways, keep up the good work and happy hobbying!

Finally got around to taking some pics..

Veteran Sgt Helios, Raptors 10th Company Chaplain, and Chaplain Cassius death watch model

gallery_26778_13981_11396.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_40623.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_45767.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_4471.jpg

gallery_26778_13981_19192.jpg

Edited by war009

Thanks Yak. I'll get around to them eventually. It is my busy time of the year with 501st Legion Star Wars costuming club, so paint time is at premium. Plus I have to finish my Deathwatch vow by the 12 of November. I really want to get both the DW and Raptors done so I can try to get a game in. 

• 4 months later...

First things first:

Since I have joined the Talon's Reach- An Armory Building Event expect to see updates on my Predator soon....

Second I am planning on building a 200 pt "Raptors" squad for Kill team....ok so I ordered all the parts already :whistling:

The models will be built out of B@C Mk IVs

Parts I am Adding are:

Raptor Shoulder pads

Comms Backpack

Knives

Various sternguard and Deathwatch bits, Various bare heads, and sternguard heavy bolter.

What I am trying to decide on is taking them as on of these options:

-Sternguard (and getting to use the Raptors Chapter tactics) with as 7 man team sgt with a power sword melta bomb, dude with combi melta, and dude with a heavy bolter

- Using the Deathwatch Kill team Rules (mission tactics....:ermm: ) as a 7 man squad with the same gear but add a deathwatch shotgun, and Stalker bolter.

They will be painted similar to this scheme

gallery_26778_10837_254899.jpg

and one marine will be kneeling (Stalker pattern bolter).

The level of detail on the predator is amazing, and gives me quite a few ideas for mine. As a side note, have you ever tried making camo netting? I hear there's a way to make it out of bandages, but haven't tried it yet.

Camo netting is easy. Hardest part is finding the right Cotton Gauze (not stretchy elastic, no medication etc). One like this is perfect (from the pictures).

1- Cut an estimated length/ Size

2- Place on vehicle adjusting size and location as needed

3- Remove netting

4- Soak in PVA/ white/ elmers glue/ water mix

5- re drape over vehicle

6- let dry

7- paint

I have a Crimson Fist Predator my friends call "T-55" that has camo netting and some other features...I never finished painting it. I'll try to get pics tonight

Predator is looking great, love all the extended operations detailing.

Thanks, that's the theme I am going for. 

Great work war009 :thumbsup:

The Sherman err i mean Pred is looking Boss:cool.:

keep up the Stirling effort.

Cheers,Mithril

Lol hopefully it doesnt go up like a sherman....but if it acts like a firefly before dying i could live with that. 

As a side note, have you ever tried making camo netting? I hear there's a way to make it out of bandages, but haven't tried it yet.

As promised I snapped a few Pics of my "T-55" Predator Variant for my Crimson Fists that I never finished...one day I will :rolleyes:

Tonight's progress

Sandbags, tarps, bags, other stowage painted browns and given a wash to highlight. Black applied for black areas and metallic areas. 

hope you enjoy