WAR's Raven Guard HH & 40K (formerly Raptors)

WAR

Thanks Mithril!

I was talking to one of my gaming buddies the other night and we figured since I started playing 40k in 1997 I have only built 2 of about 12 predators stock. My first Space Wolf predator Annihilator (the old pewter/ plastic hybrid) and a one of the first plastic Annhilators that is currently in my crimson fists. I can't leave them stock ever.

No update for last night I was babysitting my nieces for my sister. Hopefully I'll get more done tonight and this weekend (if I can convince my gf to have a craft/ hobby night on either Friday or saturday)

I'm going to try to add paint to the white glue when I do the netting on this predator so I won't have to paint it. The netting will only go on the barrel from the muzzle to the the tip of actual length of the stock autocannon barrel.

Edited by war009

Such detail really elevates the model toward realistic.  I look forward to the finished product.

What's next, Land Raider?

Thanks Race. 

I really really want a Land Raider Prometheus and a Damocles command tank and if i can snag the warhammer world HQ command tank sprue I kind of want those too. But they will not be blinged out as that does not fit the raptors motif.

Since I am reducing my unbuilt  DW Kill Team forces I have a land raider (which will be the built as  3 gw versions, Magnets yeah), 5 shooty terminators, potential 5 vanguard marines (they will probaly saved for my crimson fist army) and rhino/ razorback available. I Still have 3 land speeders, 2 more Predators, 2 Land speeder storms, 2 Stormhawk/ Talons, 3 lascannon tarantulas, 3 heavy bolter tarantuals, 4 scout bikes , more foot mounted scouts, and 6 tactical objectives to build for my Raptors. Plus I need to paint my 4 hqs, dreadnought, and 5 scouts squads that are all primed.....so its anyones guess.

I decided to remove the unbuilt relic Sicaran and unbuilt Fire Raptor from the Raptors....my 30k Emperor's Children deemed them to sexy to be green. 

Those Preds look Great .

Thank you DSS7

Well, a Fire Raptor also looks sexy in black.  Donations are welcome in some parts of the galaxy :whistling:

My to-do-list looks almost as long so I get picking the next thing can be challenging.  The Command tank sprue is indeed on my wish-list even though I am very likely NOT to use them.  At that point it's just a collector's thing.  I know Kromlech recently made a command dish of sorts as an alternate to the FW Damocles kit.  It may be cheaper too, not sure though.

Well, a Fire Raptor also looks sexy in black.  Donations are welcome in some parts of the galaxy :whistling:

My to-do-list looks almost as long so I get picking the next thing can be challenging.  The Command tank sprue is indeed on my wish-list even though I am very likely NOT to use them.  At that point it's just a collector's thing.  I know Kromlech recently made a command dish of sorts as an alternate to the FW Damocles kit.  It may be cheaper too, not sure though.

Lol.....I think my EC 30 Kakophoni Marines may not be happy with that.....or find pleasure in that

Yeah between my Sisters (over 13,000 pts of them :eek:) slowly being repainted (at a speed that makes a sloth look like Speedy Gonzalez/ Flash/ Quicksilver), My 1 1/2 companies of Crimson Fists that has been stalled for a while, Nemesis Strike Squad (All Terminators, Dreadknights, and converted Stormravens) in need to rebuild/ purchase build,  30k Emperor's Children (Relentless 2 shot Sonic Weapons :woot:) that I am working on ever once in a while, the Militarum Tempesteus i just acquired in trade, and Deathwatch marines that are primed or unbuilt, I have more than enough stuff to keep me busy.

I looked at the Kromlech dish and missile launchers.....hmmmmm

Who wants an update......

Tough I doing one anyways...:rolleyes:

Added the black wash (nuln oil) to the turret. Painted the metal bits, added some Waagh! Flesh to some parts (gas cans and attachment points of the tow rope), painted the metal ammo cans boltgun metal followed by Biel-Tan green wash.  

You missed a spot :laugh.:

Seriously amazing. Raptors represent!

Lol thanks Race

How could you take a Raptor away from the chapter that shares part of its name?!

That is still undecided but the Sicaran is gone to my EC army for sure. It would look good in raptors colors.

Yep that Tank looks Great, so going to copy that when i do one I'm Going to call it the "WAR" pattern series 009 :wink:

Mithril

Thanks Mithril....wait till you see what I hopefully can do/ have planned for the next 2 in the squadron :wink: but after the armory build is complete....

On a side note I do highly recommend buying the Baal Predator sponsons for predators with Heavy bolters.....it adds the extra reinforcement on the bottom.

I mirror the recommendation for the Baal HB sponsons, not out of experience but from my own desires.  IF (big if) I buy another Predator kit, it will be the Baal.  If only we could use that AC turret, holy Custodes I'd go literally ballistic with those on the table.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, one could argue that those relics that were on deployment by the time could have survived. Therefore, maybe not field 2 or 3 of such relics, but one in the entire task force might be reasonable. If one wants to go through fitting that damned warped piece of resin-plastic...though the fire raptor is said to be not as bad as the storm eagle...

Just remembered something.

The Raptors lost most of their ancient wargear when their original homeworld was destroyed. So fluff-wise they shouldn't have a Fire Raptor :(

Woah ... where is that?