Where do I put DIY Imperial Knights?

Cryptix

If I wanted to post my Freeblade Imperial Knight Houses, where would I put them?

Fluff or models? Fluff would definitely go in the Liber Astartes board.

I'm curious: aren't Freeblades specifically those that aren't part of a House anymore ?

If I wanted to post my Freeblade Imperial Knight Houses, where would I put them?

Either Liber Astartes or Adeptus Mechanicus would be fine (or both, as has been done with other DIYs that fit into a specific faction).

Fluff or models? Fluff would definitely go in the Liber Astartes board.

I'm curious: aren't Freeblades specifically those that aren't part of a House anymore ?

Hrm. I could have sworn that Freeblade just meant they had paid off the debts of their knights to the Mechanicus and didn't owe them anything anynore?

No, a Freeblade is a Noble that has left his Knight Household and taken his Imperial Knight (and presumably all of the logistical support necessary for an Imperial Knight) with him. Sometimes going Freeblade is a temporary thing and the Noble returns to the fold. More often, going Freeblade is permanent. The reasons for going Freeblade are many, so discussion of that belongs in the Adeptus Mechanicus forum.

Knight Households can never really pay off their debts to the Mechanicus - they need the Adeptus Mechanicus to sustain them (even if they have vast resources).

Now the concept of a group of Freeblades that has banded together is an interesting concept I'd really like to see. There are official mentions of groups of Imperial Knights that have done such a thing, and I think the lore for them was that they were paying a debt to allies (the yellow house whose name escapes me at the moment).

Archived