What would you say for washing their tongues with some purple/red wash towards the mouth? I think that red tint would help tie the warm yellow of their carapaces with cold blue of the tongues. Just a thought. Good luck with your projects!

I'll give it a shot. I got a pot of Carronburg Crimson laying around. Thanks!

I mentioned the Fulmentarus Terminators earlier. Here they are finished except for the magnetization on top of their carapace for the missile launchers. 

With combi-bolters

49406963086_5bab4d6903_c.jpg

With combi-meltas

49406483183_68f7b6a6ea_c.jpg

With autocannons. 

49407162307_f502476a8d_c.jpg

Again, I just got tired of painting these guys. I had to give in and just finish them without as much detail as I did on the veteran squad earlier. 

Comments and Criticism welcome!

Aaaaa, yes. Painting multiple infantry models can be tiresome. Everyone copes with that differently. Some limit the number of models. Others make lists and plan steps and then mark completed ones to keep motivation through showing progress. You need to figure out what works for you :)

General advice - when tired, take a break. Clean your brush, stretch out, make yourself a cup of something to drink or take a walk. Just give yourself time to clear your head. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

• 7 months later...

I started the Delegatus earlier this week. Painting motivation is hard to muster during COVID-19 as I'm not playing, and while painting is nice, for me it's motivated by having a goal towards playing the actual game.

But once the Delegatus is finished, I'll have 500 points of Heresy Zone Mortalis done. The next item will probably be either 10 breachers or a Cortus dreadnought to count as Telemechrus in higher point games. 

I decided to build out lists all the way up to 3000 points, making sure each unit is usable in the next point chunk. I have all the units in the following list sitting in boxes of baggies except for Guilliman and one Land Raider. 

500pts Zone Mortalis:

Delegatus - Legatine axe, pistol, bolter

5 Terminators Cataphractii, 2x power swords, 3x fists, 5x combi-bolters

10 Veterans - SGT decked out, 1x meltagun, 1x power sword, Weaponmasters

1000pts Zone Mortalis

+10 Boarding Marines 2x flamers, 2x powers swords, SGT decked out

+1 Contemptor Cortus Dreadnought

2000pts Heresy - Pride of the Legion

Add:

Delegatus becomes Warmonger

+1 Captain Remus Ventanus

+5 Invictarus Suzerain as Command Squad (1 banner), 1x hammer

+5 Tartaros Terminators with varied assault layout

+1 Rhino for Veteran Tacticals,

-1 Veteran Tactical so Remus can ride with them

5 Cataphractii become Fulmentarus Terminators with autocannons

+1 Land Raider Phobos

2500pts Heresy

Add:

Cortus becomes Honoured Telemechrus

+1 Fulmentarus Terminator

+1 Veteran Tactical marine back

+1 Land Raider Phobos

3000pts Heresy

Fulmentarus get Cyclone Missile Launchers

+1 Roboute Guilliman

Upgrades on units fluctuate each size increase a bit from here and there. 

It's exciting that it's around only 45 models total to paint. A very elite force, but it is the Pride of the Legion. 

@Doghouse Thanks! Guillaman Blue is a hell of a glaze. I thought I only had the 1 pot I originally started out with, but at a local game store I found 3 more pots in the back that hadn't been pushed up. I bought all three as it's impossible to find now, and it's really not the same thing as Tassadar Blue, despite what GW keeps telling me. 

Delegatus is painted. Meet the Zone Mortalis HQ choice. Legatine axe, bolter, bolt pistol, 2+ and 5++. Usually goes with the Veterans. 

50366399067_e9cb77b808_c.jpg

50366401997_1ffd4ec2af_c.jpg

Started assembling 10 marines with breacher/boarding shields. Looking like they'll be a lot of fun. Mix of some praetorian bits in with the plastic MKIII marines. 

• 3 weeks later...

More progress on the heresy legion. The next 500 points is all built out. I now have 10 breacher marines with 2 special weapons, 2 power swords, sergeant with power fist, and a contemptor dreadnought all ready to go. The contemptor's arms are magnetized, allowing weapon swaps... 

50434728702_7b31cf9746_c.jpg

and different poses! Like a high five from which no one could recover. 

50434728727_d00dacb2a1_c.jpg

The breacher marines have magnets in their wrists similar to the terminators for special weapons for up to 4 flamers, melta guns, plasmaguns, or just bolters), 2 ultramarine power swords, and a sergeant with a power fist. More ultramarine plastic upgrade sprues used for some shoulder pads and I put crests on a few helms. 5 marines have crests on their helms, 5 don't. Pictures to come later. 

Cue the inevitable post AND THEN realization I need to drill those barrels. 

• 4 weeks later...

Primed, navy coat, then the main blue applied over, leaving the navy in the recesses. Breachers: 

50508282406_0ca8f5e46a_c.jpg

50507572238_d35cfe2775_c.jpg

Contemptor and arms:

50508447012_06b9b52da8_c.jpg

50508283111_eb5524c4f8_c.jpg

Finishing up the build, basing, and kitbashing on a Scion/Guard kill team roster, then will rotate the Contemptor in for a paint, prime the kill team, then paint either a tank for Blood Angels or finish the Sanguinary guard in my BA hobby thread. 

• 3 weeks later...

As promised, the Scion and Guard kill team roster. Yes, it's 21 models. Yes, I know the rules for KT. 

Wide group shot. 

50634529136_4e48d06bc1_c.jpg

Commissar, Tempestor Scion, special weapons. 

50634528786_44eba1de2f_c.jpg

Eisenhorn, Ibram Gaunt, an officer with power sword standing still, a tempestor with power fist, and more stormtroopers in the back. 
50634613267_4be7a65ef3_c.jpg

Some special weapons gunners that will not be Scions in the rules, but two sniper rifles and the missile launcher will be a grenade launcher. RPG, eh?

50633782578_1d53db6f79_c.jpg

A closer up picture of Eisenhorn. This model was... ok to work with. Not fine cast, but some of it's problems. But not plastic either. 

50634531496_947b417abe_c.jpg

I didn't like the small knife the Tempestor Prime got, so I replaced it with a power sword. 

50633784853_a34f2e58d2_c.jpg

These are old sculpts, but I love them. The Scions holding the line. 

50634531846_72c17823e2_c.jpg

They are now all primed, but I wanted pre-priming photos to show the works and conversions. Now painting the boarding marines and got the base blue done as shown earlier, but finished the shading. About to clean up the shade, then do blue edge highlighting before working on to the other colors.