Talon of Horus 2.......?

Have you considered the title of Vizier

It lends well to the Sons of Horus heritage, it is different from most of the loyalist stuff and has quite a common occurrence in various human cultures. It also implies a high rank in a feudal society, or a noble rank or even a land/army owner rank. 

if I may throw my hat into the ring, I'd propose a shortened variation of Ezekarion. The reason for this being that the Ezekarion is the term for Abby's "mournival", and a shortened form could very well serve as a cthonian title. Ezekarion, to me, sounds already like some kind of conglomeration or circle, less like an individual, which it is I suppose.

I'd go with something like Ezekar or Ezekir. It is short and functions almost like another name, a name given by Abbadon as a sign of respect and brotherhood.

Ezekar Khayon also sounds more eloquent and imposing than Ezekarion Khayon or Khayon, Member of the Ezekarion, which, to me, sounds rather clunky. I would forgo anything in terms of "real-life" titles, or titles that could technically be encountered in our world. I'd advocate for taking a newly invented word, something cthonian, as it would make it much closer and personal to this universe than a simple Lord, Member or Oathsworn could.

Just my two cents, but I am sure that our Lord ADB, hallowed be thy work, will create something that will be just as amazing as the stuff before! :)

Literally signed in to make the same suggestion. The institution would be the Ezekarion, the Inner Circle to which lower marines would aspire and the closest advisors to Abe himself. Marines would refer to them as the Ezekarion, but each member would have that apellation Ezekar as a title which shows just how important and highly ranked that member is. I feel like it would be informal, but Abaddon recognises the importance of symbols and names, so maybe he would bestow these titles himself...

Edit for no spell good

Edited by Sanctimonius

I have a problem with that second 'e' in Ezekar. It reads too much like "easy car" to me. How about dropping it totally to something like: Ezkar? Ezkarii?

Iskander Khayon, Ezkarii of the Black Legion.

An Ezkarii isa member of the Ezkarion.

Jesus Christ. I don't go on FB much, but Aaron posted this yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/aarondembskibowden/photos/a.261981050530460.61818.225662387495660/1214364458625443/?type=3&theater

I wrote this on my StickyNotes months ago, when I was wrestling with the start of The Black Legion. Thought you might find it interesting.

Yes, my Windows background is the cover for The Master of Mankind. No, I'm not allowed to show you it yet.

http://i.imgur.com/ZdFdpap.jpg

"And I said, let there be hype. And there was hype." - The Book of Nerd, 42:117

Also, the top comment is absolute gold (name blanked out for courtesy.)

http://i.imgur.com/1p4H1ZZ.png

Jesus Christ. I don't go on FB much, but Aaron posted this yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/aarondembskibowden/photos/a.261981050530460.61818.225662387495660/1214364458625443/?type=3&theater

I wrote this on my StickyNotes months ago, when I was wrestling with the start of The Black Legion. Thought you might find it interesting.

Yes, my Windows background is the cover for The Master of Mankind. No, I'm not allowed to show you it yet.

http://i.imgur.com/ZdFdpap.jpg

"And I said, let there be hype. And there was hype." - The Book of Nerd, 42:117

Also, the top comment is absolute gold (name blanked out for courtesy.)

http://i.imgur.com/1p4H1ZZ.png

I can't believe you cut my replies.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/old-chestnut

I was going to delete that joke because, well, I hear it 800,000 times a week and any humour within it was long ago milked dry by repetition on /tg/ over a decade and the fact it's endlessly perpetuated by people that chronically misunderstand the character, but I decided to keep it because there is, somewhere, a shred of joy within my soul. 

Christ, I'm bored of that joke, though. 

I was going to delete that joke because, well, I hear it 800,000 times a week and any humour within it was long ago milked dry by repetition on /tg/ over a decade and the fact it's endlessly perpetuated by people that chronically misunderstand the character, but I decided to keep it because there is, somewhere, a shred of joy within my soul. 

It was hard enough blanking out that one guy's name once (well, not really.) I'm not doing it.

...fine. But only because you're my favorite author*, y'hear? That's the only reason.

*Favorite living author, I should clarify. Except maybe Jim Butcher. And possibly Dan Abnett (The Silent Stars Go By is still one of my favorite Doctor Who stories ever, in any medium. Ah, majestic. And then there's all that 40k stuff that everyone seems to like of his, or something? I dunno.) But besides those two, you're my favorite living author. Except for...

http://i.imgur.com/Fko4o1Y.png

http://i.imgur.com/GRr6aHj.png

Better?

And I was given to understand that the old "Armless" meme was based on the model, not the supposed inadequacies of the character. A separate and altogether intellectually superior comedic entity that has needlessly been conflated in the public eye with the second, that of "Failbaddon," an altogether disgusting mistake, and one that it is our duty to correct.

That's my view anyways.

Also, tell Roomsky to post that picture of his. I need to like it again here.

Edited by The Psycho

It was hard enough blanking out that one guy's name once (well, not really.) I'm not doing it.

...fine. But only because you're my favorite author, y'hear? That's the only reason.

http://i.imgur.com/Fko4o1Y.png

http://i.imgur.com/GRr6aHj.png

Better?

And I was given to understand that the old "Armless" meme was based on the model, not the supposed inadequacies of the character. A separate and altogether intellectually superior comedic entity that has needlessly been conflated in the public eye with the second, that of "Failbaddon," an altogether disgusting mistake, and one that it is our duty to correct.

That's my view anyways.

Originally, yeah. But there's no separating them now.

I just can't endorse fun or amusement, because I am evil. That and, in all seriousness, you can't imagine how many times I see that meme each week. I used to love it, too. I resent my joy being stolen from me. 

(In the same vein, I used to be mystified as to why Wil Wheaton hated people saying "Shut up, Wesley" to him. I thought "Dude, it's just a joke, get over it." But when it's something he sees hundreds and hundreds of times each month on his social media, devoid of any actual value beyond people retyping a meme... Well, I get it now. Except the difference is that I still snigger once in a while at the armless meme, usually if there's good art for it.)

Edited by A D-B

I have a problem with that second 'e' in Ezekar. It reads too much like "easy car" to me. How about dropping it totally to something like: Ezkar? Ezkarii?

Iskander Khayon, Ezkarii of the Black Legion.

An Ezkarii isa member of the Ezkarion.

An Ezekarii would be multitudes of Ezekari...

Frankly, I think the best way, is how it is currently.

Such a slow typer, double ninja'd...

As to happiness lost, I'm pretty sure its physics. The law of preservation of happiness: it, being unable to be created or destroyed, only transferred from one person to another.

At least that's how it works on submarines... ;) :) :/

Edited by Fortnight

Such a slow typer, double ninja'd...

Ah, I'm pretty sure both of you ninja'd me when I had to go back and edit my reply. I really don't type as fast as I used to.

Originally, yeah. But there's no separating them now.

I just can't endorse fun or amusement, because I am evil. That and, in all seriousness, you can't imagine how many times I see that meme each week. I used to love it, too. I resent my joy being stolen from me. 

(In the same vein, I used to be mystified as to why Wil Wheaton hated people saying "Shut up, Wesley" to him. I thought "Dude, it's just a joke, get over it." But when it's something he sees hundreds and hundreds of times each month on his social media, devoid of any actual value beyond people retyping a meme... Well, I get it now. Except the difference is that I still snigger once in a while at the armless meme, usually if there's good art for it.)

Yeah, shame that. Not because the armless joke is great or anything: it's really not, though I still think it's far better in any regard, but it's ours. The community has it's jokes: "Khârn, he's one hell of a guy," Love Can Bloom, and a bunch of other stuff (most of which I would think twice about posting here, since, well, /tg/'s usually the origin) but that's one of the simplest, that is to say it requires the least amount of exposition, and I've never seen it fail to get a chuckle. It's the dumb blonde of 40k jokes: not great, but still funny, while Failbaddon should be consigned to the same corner of hell as "Mommy, mommy" jokes and that sort of thing.

Damn, now I need to read some 40k books^^;;; (English is not too hard to read for me, but still...)

It's great to have a direct channel with someone who shapes the 40k universe for real! Can't wait to read your books now!

as for the Ezekarion... not sure if it is already solved but how about disciple of the Ezekarion? It has the vibe of Apostle without the "too much religious" vibe, for me.

As for the armless joke... ok, abused, still I find those kind of silly things are gold for small inside jokes.

I mean, once I was asked to impersonate a mad elf king in my LARP group. The character was one of the main villain of a 10 years old campaign, the players already knew a lot of things about him, an there was a running joke about him hugging columns.

When I impersonated him in front of around 200 palyers, after an initial impression of being sane, I started to show his madness. Then casually let my hand around a column.

No one laughed in the moment, still, years later, people remember that little easter egg.

TL;DR

It would be awesome if Abbadon will cut someone's arms or something like that, IMHO 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I love the preview :D though one thing that makes me sad is that ADB writes Nurgle stuff so amazingly (loved cadian blood ) but always has them as the enemy :( where's the love for a Nurgle protagonist all the other gods have their followers as Abaddon's champions. So can't wait till we can actually pre order it :D

I just finished re-reading Talon earlier this week to keep up my motivation for painting my Black Legion :D Ive been waiting for this sequal to come out for soooo long. The hype is real! Edited by Kaldoth

Suggestions welcome!

Why do they need such titles as Sorcerer or Officer in there? Isn't "Member of the Ezekarion" or "Founding member of the Ezekarion" enough? I bet stating that you're part of the Ezekarion would make any lesser lord or sorcerer soil their armour anyway...

Yeah, I've been bouncing between "Member" and "Officer" as the generic descriptors. 

Maybe late to the party but that "member" thing reminded me an honorific title of real world motoclubs . "Old member" came to my mind -a 40k variation may be "veteran". Was about to add "filthy few", but that might be the whole Ezekarion aswell.

Then another popped up, and while cool, well. It's "Master of Arms", but then the whole jokepun and all that, so better not.

Since WE are gladiator fanboys, you may borrow a gladiator name that sounds good to you and at the same time it sounds like a title: Secutor, Retiarius, Provocator.

Or, what the heck, just "Captain" or, better yet "Equerry".

So good!!! I'm really looking forward to reading the full novel now. If anything can get me back into 40k it's ABD's writing :thumbsup:

You have a Night Lord force or started few Night Lords for 30k if I rememeber...........great time to read up on Talons & First Claw  Or just re-ready Talons of Horus, think I'm going to start re-reading ToH this weekend :D

So good!!! I'm really looking forward to reading the full novel now. If anything can get me back into 40k it's ABD's writing :thumbsup:

You have a Night Lord force or started few Night Lords for 30k if I rememeber...........great time to read up on Talons & First Claw  Or just re-ready Talons of Horus, think I'm going to start re-reading ToH this weekend :biggrin.:

Yeah, I've painted up a couple of true-scale characters from the 'First Claw' and a test mini for some 30k Night Lords, but nothing serious. I've also been thinking about converting some Primaris Marines to represent Squad Grimaldus from 'Helsreach' and Khayon and Nefertari are always a possibility. There is something about ADB's characters that really appeal to me in a way few other 30k/40k characters do.

I'll probably stick with the Heresy as far as large projects are concerned, but I could definitely see myself working on a squad or two worth of characters for 40k.