Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

B+C members meet up at FW open day Sunday

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,570 posts
  • Chapter Name: Night Lords Legion
Alright chaps and chapettes let's centralise this! If anyone fancies putting names to faces who wants to have a post purchase Brunch? We'll all be knackered from the drive and queueing, a coffee will perk us all right up.
Meeting by the hearth for a chinwag about the latest loveliness from FW would be great in person.
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Runefyre

Runefyre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,598 posts
  • Chapter Name: VI, VIII, and XIII legions

I long for the day when I can finally make a trip to the old Motherland. It's just so expensive. But that sounds like hella-fun!

He is the Lord of Winter and War

He is the Executioner, and the most Loyal Son

He is the Fury and Savagery of the Storm

He is the Vengeance of a Galaxy Wronged

He is the Father of Heros, He Has Come

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts

I'll be around, but hopefully I'll be a lot less exhausted as I have a Travelodge booked on Saturday night tongue.png

Still undecided about Brunch though - I tend to go direct for the sales queue and into the display cabinets to see all the shiny new things (and where possible take pics and upload for our fellow frater here on the B&C), and try to get in a good chin-wag with Andy Bligh and Mark Bedford if they're around. Considering the doors open at 10:00 (literally just phoned FW to double check that), it may be closer to Lunch than Brunch. No point in having a chat if people haven't gone through the sales queue or seen the new stuff msn-wink.gif

I guess I'll have to take a photo at some point so people know what I look like, otherwise they'll be lots of us wandering around with no idea who's a frater / community member. Maybe I could do a B&C sign that we can stick on the table?

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,570 posts
It's Sunday, meals always take place at later than traditionally allocated times :P but yeah the idea is to let people get the purchasing and perusing of pretties out the way first (covered by queueing because we'll be doing a lot of it!)
A sign may be most helpful, though I'll probably be wearing my misfits T and dragging around a redhead who's doing her best to look interested for me

LordValrak

LordValrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 731 posts

I'm going to be there chaps, will be wearing my Chapter Master T-Shirt as always :D

YFA5lAG.jpg

• Noserenda likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Legion (Now with Adeptus Custodes) happy.png

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts

Ok - Still not sure how we're going to manage meeting up, but I propose that we get a largish table in Bugmans that we can meet. I've printed (and laminated - in case anyone is prone to spilling...) the following which I'll put on each end of the table.

1123f5f7-221c-4eec-ba7d-b02d42657508_zps

So if you see these - grab a seat and introduce yourself (real name and B&C username), and if you're feeling generous grab the table a round of drinks! msn-wink.gif

• Olis likes this

Isinfier

Isinfier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,244 posts
  • Chapter Name: Annoyed Englishmen

At this point, am embroidered banner waved wildly above the throng might be worthwhile. ;)

• Aeternas likes this

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age." ~ The Call of Cthulhu, H. P. Lovecraft

Ironwithout

Ironwithout

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 474 posts
Shameless advertising day for me.

Would be good to meet some of you guys so say hello if you see me.

gallery_72636_9002_76824.jpg

gallery_72636_9002_26725.jpg

marvmoogy

marvmoogy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,100 posts
If anyone is reading this now, I'm at the back of the queue...

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,469 posts

I'm at the back of the queue...

While I'm not there, I do hear the queue is huge this year. I feel for you, brother.

gallery_60566_6038_10057.jpg
gallery_60566_6038_15153.png

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,570 posts
Table 5 in bugmans by the orks head on a shield
  • Olis likes this

Ironwithout

Ironwithout

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 474 posts
Was great meeting some of you guys today. Hope you all enjoyed it

Edited by Ironwithout, 17 July 2016 - 03:59 PM.

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,511 posts

Ditto - was great to meet those I saw, and a shame not to bump into more. Trying to get a table in Bugmans where 600 other hungry resin addicts are trying to eat exclusive event-only burgers (which were delish BTW) was probably not the best idea.

Edited by m_r_parker, 17 July 2016 - 05:39 PM.

• helterskelter likes this

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,570 posts
It was a bloody good burger though

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,621 posts
  • Chapter Name: IV Legion, XIII Legion
Titan burger was great.

gallery_48988_6285_1098.jpggallery_48988_6285_1641.jpggallery_26119_9644_9137.png
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users