Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Change display name option appears to be missing?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Sanguinius Chosen Wing

Sanguinius Chosen Wing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,110 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Preceptors
Tried following the help guide but havent been able to find the tab for it anywhere. The miss spelling in my name has irritated me for years.

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,428 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Horus Heresy

Afaik there is no such option - best write a pm at one of the admins, they may be able to fix it, but not sure^^

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

Get your daily 30k dosis! http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.at/

My Horus Heresy log (Death Guard, Word Bearers, Khorne Daemons and other stuff tongue.png)

gallery_79873_10444_35192.pngsml_gallery_79873_10492_52344.jpggallery_29004_10383_126.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_Medal_02.gifETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificer

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

GreyRavenC

GreyRavenC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 962 posts
  • Chapter Name: Consecrators

You'll have to contact an admin. Shouldn't be a problem.

NAME CHANGES:
When you sign up for an account at the B&C you are asked to create a USERname and a DISPLAYname. These do not have to be the same. However, think carefully on what you want your DISPLAYname (the name people will see attached to your posts) to be. We rarely change DISPLAYnames without good reason.

Typical reasons for changing a DISPLAYname are:
  • Name is too long and throwing off thread formating. This is usually fixed by simply adding spaces or removing underscores.
  • Name contains offensive material.
  • Name is too close to another users name. If confusion is caused by your name being close to an existing members name you may be asked to change it.
  • Misspelling. Sometimes in the rush to register an account a user might hit the wrong key and wind up doing something like spelling Rogue as Rouge. In cases like this we can often fix that with a quick reset of the DISPLAYname. This may not be possible if there is already a DISPLAYname like it on the forums. In that case you will be asked to choose a new DISPLAYname.
Reasons that a name change is usually turned down include but are not limited to:
  • I'm bored with this name.
  • I don't play this army anymore and want to change.
  • I named myself after a character who is now dead.

17416%201_zps1s34zzlm.jpgConsecratorsBadge_zpsfj2ymlep.jpgRavenwing_Dark_Talons_zps1hrim4lb.jpggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifgallery_69091_12503_3885_zpsraknqtao.gif

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,165 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures
As a gift we gave everyone 30 days or so at the start of the year to change their display name but it is not something we normally do.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Sanguinius Chosen Wing

Sanguinius Chosen Wing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,110 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Preceptors
Ah, missed it then.

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts
Well doesn't it say there that misspellings are valid reason to change it?

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,165 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures
Correct.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Welcheren

Welcheren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 351 posts
  • Chapter Name: Novamarines

Well that's good to know.

I should be Walcheren. 

Even so, I also have a profile with another community and for consistency have stuck with Welcheren.

Perhaps if they are also willing to effect the vowel change I'll be knocking on your door. Softly. On my knees. blush.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users