“The Space Hulk designated Orchestra of Sin has oft been a herald of rebellion, heresy, and destruction across the Imperium. It follows no discernible route and leaves only ruin in its wake – emerging from the warp, plunging entire systems into chaos, then dropping back out of realspace until it re-emerges elsewhere – sometimes months later, sometimes decades. To those Inquisitors that have studied it, the hulk’s sightings are random and unpredictable but to the dark pilgrims aboard the hulk, its path is guided by the unseen hand of the Youngest God, Slaanesh.

A colossal amalgam of numerous vessels the Orchestra of Sin has been so warped by the tides of the Immaterium that there are probably none living that could name the separate craft that represent its constituent parts. Even those that dwell upon the hulk don’t know its full makeup such is the ruination of vessels and star-bound scrap at its heart. Somewhere at its core lies a vast conveyor that had been running millions of souls to newly conquered worlds at the height of Macharius’ Crusades. The vessel became becalmed, the astropaths on board screaming their messages of distress into the aether, amplified a thousand-fold by the fears of those aboard. By the time these astropathic messages were received by others their meaning had been corrupted and those that came to their aid all arrived with vastly different expectations of what they would find. Astartes light vessels arrived to fight xenos pirates or a deamonic incursion. Imperial navy vessels and troop conveyors sought to put down a mutiny or search for survivors after critical systems failures. None can say who was responsible but by someone or something’s hand the conveyor suddenly shifted into the warp, those rescue vessels and boarding pods attached to it like ticks were dragged into the sea of souls also – without sufficient warning to have raised their Gellar Fields all of the vessels and the souls aboard them were prey to the foul entities that awaited them. When next it emerged in the sea of stars the vessel was a composite of the original conveyor and those ships that had gone to its aid. Over the years, more and more vessels have been consumed by the hulk so that it is now a maddened splice of Imperial, Traitor, and even Xenos ships plus all manner of debris.

The roster of the Orchestra of Sin’s crew is in constant flux. The only thing they all have in common is that they are in thrall to Slaanesh. The shared company of similarly minded sorts allows those dark pilgrims aboard to indulge their whims in relative safety but each is only truly interested in furthering their own goals. Their numbers are regularly thinned when they turn upon each other or engage in war but then new pilgrims flock to the hulk whether they be members of secretive cults on worlds that the Orchestra of Sin draws near, Renegade Astartes, or prisoners-of-war / refugees brainwashed or enslaved to the bidding of new masters.”

+++++++++++++++++++++

The above is a little background to my Slaaneshi Renegades. I picture them as being Slaanesh's answer to Khorne Daemonkin. There will be Daemons and Marines and a great many things in between if I have my way. The concept of a vessel of hedonistic pilgrims emerging from the warp to make war / love / noise and pick up more pilgrims means I can really go wild and throw in whatever I fancy. For instance, I’ve had a long term want for some Slaaneshi White Scars ever since the Dornian Heresy was published here on Bolter and Chainsword and there’s a biker lord taking form in my imagination and bits box to realise that but equally I know that I would never be able to commit to that as a full scale army but as a character or perhaps a full bike unit it’s manageable and then I can flit to the next mini-project of Slaanesh – or such is the hope any way!

tumblr_mufiiy5unk1s9zecmo1_400.png?w=648

Had this guy done a while back but struggled to get any decent photos of him. One Noise Marine with a Blastmaster:

blastmaster001.jpg

blastmaster003.jpg

blastmaster002.jpg

blastmaster004.jpg

blastmaster005.jpg

blastmaster006.jpg

blastmaster007.jpg

blastmaster008.jpg

I've decided that the "rank" for Blastmaster armed Noise Marines will be Oktavist to compliment Orchestrator and Chora for Champions and Sonic Blaster Noise Marines respectively after doing some research on Wikipedia

@Kierdale: Thanks, really appreciate that. Yours is one of the project logs I regularly check for updates. Your Slaaneshi force has provided a fair bit of inspiration for my own. Ask and you shall receive...

Some WIP pics of a Slaaneshi Lord I'm working on. He started life as a Prophet of the Voices Lord to run in some Possessed but has regularly been used as a Black Legion Slaanesh Lord with the Spineshiver Blade and equally a counts as Lucius The Eternal

wiplord001.jpg

wiplord002.jpg

wiplord003.jpg

Still quite a bit to have to do on him (most of the armour!) but he probably helps demonstrate the completely non-uniform look I'm going for with these guys.

Some other bits and pieces at various stages of built-ness:

Noise Obliterators / Terminators

20160110_135227.jpg

Baleful Torrent / Doom Siren Soul Grinder

20160102_2056562.jpg

Herald on Steed of Slaanesh

20160104_1933301.jpg

Noise Marine Champion / Orchestrator

20160110_180932.jpg

Noise Marine Daemon Prince

img_-7ik640.jpg

So much flitting from project to project do I do! Really need to finish painting that Lord before I start on anything else new!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the comments guys. Really appreciate it. My pace with the hobby has slowed almost to a halt in recent years so it's nice for my recent increase in motivation to be met with kind words!

Not anything new but progress on a previous post. Lord Vardas Soulchewer:

lucius2.jpg

lucius3.jpg

lucius5.jpg

lucius6.jpg

lucius7.jpg

lucius8.jpg

luciusavatar.jpg

He's a pretty boy!

I also made an amendment to my first post. I decided that my Blastmasters will have the rank 'Oktavist' to go with the Chora and Orchestrators I'll have.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comment @Squigsquasher!

Not gotten as much hobby time as i'd have liked this month but nearly there with the first Daemonette so I can make my mind up on the scheme. Once she's done I can either start batch painting the rest or paint one of; another Noise Marine, Fulgrim, or a Daemon Prince

picsart_08-23-06-21-10.jpg

picsart_08-23-06-21-56.jpg

Been playing around with Prisma also, the whole filter thing usually passes me by but the Candy one has a delightfully Slaaneshi quality... Looking forward to using this on Fulgirm - just as I imagine the portrait in La Fenice might have a similar look!

f75a6068b0c51aaed195e2d8efad2561resnet7_

f8cab50c34df0738d71a958f2ecefcd2resnet7_

Anyway, hopefully more updates soon!

Sir, that is exactly the kind of slaaneshi vibe I always try to catch (but with nothing near the level of your Lucius)

Can't get where the head comes from...is the body from the 30k WB "possessed"?

How about this as a colour scheme? I had this brainfart one night of a Noise Marine painted in a riot of jarring colours (you klnow, how the fluff always describes them) and did this, inspired by Steve Vai's 'swirl' paintjob guitars:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Svartmetall/Warhammer/NMF03_zps6b1dae19.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/Svartmetall/Warhammer/NMF02_zps84d0a827.jpg

A bugger to paint, but looks pretty distinctive...vehicles could be amazing smile.png

@Filkarion: thanks, yes the body is Gal Vorbak the head is from the fantasy chaos chariot kit - is such a lovely piece!

@Svartmetall: I like it, certainly want to add some more garish schemes into the mix but will probably go for something like that on the more generic marines. Sculpts like the kakophoni are too well detailed and would be a shame to lose the detail. Vehicles are a good shout for that actually!

Not a massive update afrer the other but that first Daemonette is done now. With the colour scheme locked in I can either paint some more now or move on to something else - we'll see where my whims take me!

picsart_08-25-02-02-31.jpg

picsart_08-25-02-03-19.jpg

picsart_08-25-02-05-53.jpg

picsart_08-25-02-06-40.jpg

picsart_08-25-02-07-13.jpg

picsart_08-25-02-07-45.jpg

The photos highlighted a stray spot of pink that I've since fixed. Didn't even spot it until cropping the photos!

Also, a family portrait

picsart_08-25-02-01-50.jpg

Archived