Awww man, retro Noise Marines! I nearly scooped up a bunch of their backpacks for a really good price but the bidding war made it not worth it in the end.

And nice conversions on the bikers. I should seriously get myself some bikes.

• 5 weeks later...

Black Templars Sword Brethren, Brother Maynard

gallery_65093_14245_9385.jpg

Schliecher sat, and waited. Brother Maynard, Bearer of the Holy Orb, was due to lecture the Neophytes from the Book of Armaments. The clearance of Site 3 had not gone well. Squad Drei and Squad Vier had been tasked with clearing the eastern sector. There they had found witches; 'weirdboyz' in the Xeno tongue. Squad Vier had been eliminated; their transport 'Fahles Pferd' wrecked. Four Brothers from Squad Drei had gone to their Emperor. Witches were unheard of on Harrow Gate, their very existence an affront above and beyond the Xeno. Snapping out of it, Schliecher realised that Brother Maynard had arrived and was beginning.

"Und der Kaiser sprach, sagen: Zuerst..."

Schliecher drifted away again. He could picture the barrage with perfect clarity; could see every bone and tooth on the talisman of the witch responsible for it.

"...und die nummer der z

Well, October was :cuss. Made redundant, had to move for the fifth time in two years.

I managed to don the purple this weekend, though.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/c56b55677c3f8f97d54f80950f6cf94b.jpg

Rhinos and Sorcerors by sunday. Pinky swear.

That's a big kick in the yambag, it's always tough when that happens, especially this time of year.

Glad to see you were able to go and enjoy yourself tho! Epic purple! Slaannesh would be proud

So daemons dragged this libertine

Lusts screaming for release
Upon the flesh of maidens preened
As canvas for caprice*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Komarov gripped his lasgun tightly, shaking ever so slightly, awaiting the next lot of cultists and whatever those ...things... had been. He stole a glance to his right at Soshnikov, who was mumbling verses from the Infantryman's Primer under his breath and again wondered how it had come to this. A movement ahead caught his eye. A flash of red amongst the piles of rubble, slag and corpses that used to be Kotlin. Before he could even react, one of the silent, purple-clad giants behind him despatched the... thing... with a shot to the... well, where its head should have been, the sudden crack of gunfire making him start.

Komarov unclenched, sighed noisily, and waited for the next wave. He wouldn't survive much longer; he knew that. Didn't want to, really. Not now. Not after what Petrichenko had told them.

After the meeting at the garrison, he knew he was screwed either way.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Abathor was bored. Babysitting planetary defence forces with only cultists and the odd warpspawn for relief was not his idea of a good time. Lowering his Bolter, he sighed silently and wondered what he was doing here, snatching fleeting pleasures from the discomfort of their charges.

Maybe he could sneak a few of the PDF away from their comrades and torture them. The thought cheered him.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello, good evening and welcome, to nothing much. A no holds-barred half-nelson and a lovi (Stop that)

Amid the sudden proliferation of WIPs devoted to or featuring She Who Thirsts, I would like to present my effort. My aim with this force, as befits my talent, is simply to finish an army. I don't necessarily want a pretty army, I just want to finish an army that looks decent on the tabletop in an effort to exorcise some of my personal, err, demons. Initially I'll be working up to a 2k CSM/CD force. Eventually, motivation permitting, I'll work both CSM and CD up into separate 2k forces and add a 2k Lost and Damned Planetary Defence Force.

Fair warning, it's going to get weird.

Also, for those who actually have a command of the Russian language, I apologize for what is about to happen.

* Excerpt from Cruelty Brought Thee Orchids, Cradle of Filth

------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous work completed (with derivative fluff);

Vigo the Insane, Scourge of Kharpathea, Sorrow of Moldo'vah;

26047380_10208537235183445_8525111563552

The Glorious 9th

Terran-born, Vigo Rostur was once one of only two hundred warriors addressed by a glittering Demi-God; a Demi-God that he would have followed unquestioningly into the heart of a sun and a Demi-God that he willingly and enthusiastically followed in His worship of Slaanesh.

Driven from Skalathrax with the remnants of 9th Co. by the fury and the flames of the World Eaters' inglorious self-immolation, by the time of his arrival in the Eye of Terror aboard the Battle Barge Fadeless Splendour he had risen to the rank of Captain of the Third. As Captain, Vigo oversaw a number of exceedingly bloody assaults on planets claimed by World Eater Warbands, exacting bloody revenge for the events on Skalathrax. It was on just such a planet, Krovaya-Luna, that he claimed Midori's Whip, an unwieldy, though brutal, power weapon capable of cutting a Power-Armoured Astartes clean in half. Answering only to what now constituted High Command; the newly-appointed Lord Commander Korles Moku'satsu, Epistolary Tarl Savaross and Chaplain Flavius Eladire, and his own increasing desire for extreme sensory input, Vigo and the Third massacred their way through the World Eaters' perimeter strongholds, committing atrocity upon atrocity, piling and posing the dead in obscene offerings to She Who Thirsts and performing blasphemous rituals over them.

These blood-soaked rituals attracted the languid gaze of a powerful entity, an alluring voice guiding and directing Moku'satsu, Savaross and Eladire; whispering in the minds of the 9th's Librarians, teaching the arcane secrets of Daemonology. It was during the final assault on Krovaya-Luna's main fortress that She emerged amid a sea of Daemonettes and tore through the ferrocrete walls with impunity, laying the fortress bare for attack for the 9th. Frenzied by Her presence, the Emperor's Children and their Daemonic allies fell upon those trapped inside the fortress in an orgy of depravity.

The 9th Co. ceased to exist within those walls. With the swearing of powerful pacts and the ascension of Moku'satsu, Savaross and Eladire to Daemonhood, the Children of the Violet Heart were born. Under a reorganisation dictated by Moku'satsu, the former warriors of the 9th were split into six 'Circles'; largely autonomous warbands of roughly post-Codex Astartes company strength, each fleet-based. Zathor Sots'vor, formerly Captain of the Second, took control of First Circle. Vigo was given the nickname "The Insane" and promoted to Lord of Second Circle and Commander of the Fadeless Splendour, ranks he still holds today.

In recognition for their actions on Krovaya-Luna, Zathor and Vigo were gifted the True Name of a Daemon, each gaining dominion over a Herald of the Violet Heart. Vigo named his new companion The Silent Singer owing to her twisted facial expressions. Collared and leashed at all times, The Silent Singer has become an invaluable asset in battle - supplementing the slow strike of Midori's Whip with lightning fast claws easily capable of shredding Power Armour - as well as an amusing plaything.

Roree Brae'qerr, The Nightman;

14317600_10205472770253737_4696590113556

The Nightman Cometh

Roree Brae'qerr died on Krovaya-Luna. Previously selected for service in the III Legion's Librarium, he had been assigned to the 9th Co. tactical squads and had served with distinction as flamer-bearer after the dictates of Nikea, spitting holy fire at the enemies of his Emperor and Primarch. During compliance actions against the Laer, with his Legion rapidly falling into darkness, Roree was elevated to the rank of Sergeant over the objections of those few who suspected the source of his tactical nous was witchery rather than study.

After the events of Istvaan III, with those whispering naysayers silenced, Roree cast off the shackles of Imperial mandates and dogma - as did all surviving 'Librarians' of the III - and took to employing his psychic talents openly in battle to devastating, fiery effect. With his trusty flamer by his side and his squad at his back, he blazed a trail of victory across the sky for his Primarch.

Coming into Vigo's orbit while prosecuting landing actions on Krovaya-Luna, during the final assault on the main fortress Roree was tasked in capturing a lightly guarded point of small strategic value, on a certain river. Intelligence had been incorrect, however, and the point was occupied by considerably more troops than was thought. Roree and his squad had been ambushed by the heathen barbarians of the World Eaters and were felled, ignobly and inelegantly.

As he lay dying, his blood soaking the fetid ground, feeling the Immaterium yawn before him, a disincarnate voice from the abyss rasped and a presence entered Roree, filling his dying tissues with unholy vigour; reknitting, renewing, remaking.

"Eyo vlast velika."

The figure that rose from that blood-soaked crater and took vengeance was not Roree Brae'qerr, though it wore his armour and bore his weapons. Striding in flames through the barbarian horde, The Nightman had come.

Today he serves as part of The Six; Second Circle's cabal of Witches, Sorcerors and Daemonancers.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"An ecstasy of torments awaits you, both here and beyond. It will never cease. Your Corpse-God Emperor cannot hear you in this place."

The room was pitch-dark and filled with a choking smog. Soshnikov could not see who the voice belonged to.

"If you hold anything back, I will kill you. If you bend the truth or I think you're bending the truth, I will kill you. If you forget anything, I will kill you. In fact, you are going to have to work very hard to stay alive, Brother. Now, do you understand everything I have just said?"

A pause. He opened his mouth to answer when, suddenly and shockingly, a nightmare visage of unnatural flesh and teeth was thrust within an inch of his face.

"Because if you do not, I will kill you."

• 11 months later...

Daemonic reinforcements inbound. Chariots and Seekers and Daemonettes, oh my.

'Fresh as Amended' Vow;

I, Res Ipsa Loquitur, answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete seventeen (17) units, being;

• Herald of Slaanesh on foot - Complete
  • Herald of Slaanesh on foot - Complete
  • Herald of Slaanesh on Steed - Complete
  • Herald of Slaanesh on Steed - Complete
  • Eighteen Daemonettes - Complete
  • Seventeen Daemonettes - Complete
  • Seventeen Daemonettes - Built
  • Six Seekers - Built and undercoated
  • Five Seekers - Complete
  • Five Seekers - Complete
  • Hellflayer - Complete
  • Hellflayer - Complete
  • Hellflayer - Complete
  • Hellflayer - Built
  • Herald of Slaanesh on foot (OOC) - Complete
  • Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot (OOC) - Built and undercoated
  • Hellflayer (OOC) - Built and undercoated

before December 15th 2017. If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Total Hedonism and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Unit #1 - Herald on foot

[Lost to the Warp]

Part unit #5 - ten Daemonettes

[Lost to the Warp]

Unit #9 - five Seekers

[Lost to the Warp]

I bought the Start Collecting Daemons of Slaanesh box but I'm going to build two Hellflayers rather than one (expensive, fragile) Exalted Chariot, so I emailed GW's customer service last night asking if they could email the Hellflayer instructions to me. This morning, there they are in my inbox.

Ergo, if you want 'em, I got 'em. PM if you want a copy or to tell me if there's a way to upload the .pdf here. 

Unit 11 - Hellflayer

gallery_65093_14245_5897.jpg

Unit 12- Hellflayer

gallery_65093_14245_36392.jpg

A while ago I bought some stuff for an Armies on Parade board that (surprise surprise) didn't get finished. Part of it was turning an oven tray designed for pizza into a Summoning Circle/counts as Skyshield Landing Pad and part of why it didn't get finished was that I couldn't figure out how to replicate the columns the Skyshield sits on. Fast forward to today and - inspired by Danger Mouse - I thought "what if I make it float?".

So I'm going to make some floating scenery. Magnets, how do they work?

Brother Maynard and the fluff you'ce written for him is fantastic. :tu: That's quite a hefty vow you've got for the Call of Chaos, I hope you'll manage to complete all of those units in time! The ones you've painted so far look good (the turquoise goes nicely with the purple and pink) and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

Thanks. I have become rather adept at plagiarizing the works of people smarter and funnier than I, slapping a thin veneer on them and presenting them for an audience. So far I've ripped off Psychoville (the Silent Singer), It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (the Nightman), Monty Python (Brother Maynard), Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (Rory Breaker), A Clockwork Orange (the "Glorius 9th") Ghostbusters II (Vigo the Insane), a Soviet post-punk band called Kino ("eyo vlast velika"), the Kronstadt Rebellion and, erm, a speech Hitler gave about Stalingrad.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a few changes, tidied one or two things up and gave my units instruments. Here's the gang in the closet they'll be calling home until my Battlefoam order materializes;

gallery_65093_14245_19220.jpg

gallery_65093_14245_15975.jpg

I also switched the heads out on the Hellflayer's Exalted Alluress', 'cause I'd made them too tall to store. You'll have to wait for blurry, underexposed pics of them, however.

Unit #2 - Herald on Foot

gallery_65093_14245_20183.jpg

Part Unit #5 - eight Daemonettes

[Lost to the Warp]

Completions:

Still forced to rely on 'phone camera and today rather than being overcast, it is pointlessly bright.

Unit #11 - Hellflayer

gallery_65093_14245_10778.jpg

Unit #12 - Hellflayer

gallery_65093_14245_12727.jpg

I currently only have one 105x70mm oval base, so both will be based when the other one arrives next week.

Ugh... I missed the straps.

Thanks, peeps. Always nice to know somebody is paying attention, haha.

Part unit #6 - ten Daemonettes

gallery_65093_14245_27188.jpg

Unit #10 - five Seekers

gallery_65093_14245_26876.jpg

Unit #15 - Herald on foot

gallery_65093_14245_16518.jpg

Sprue artefacts (that I swear I removed once already) will, of course, be removed prior to painting.

Hellflayers based;

gallery_65093_14245_32609.jpg

gallery_65093_14245_27754.jpg

Archived