I played a 3k (Vassal) game this morning, with a CSM/R&H/Daemon 'soup'. I needed six different books for all the datasheets. 

Ridiculous.

EDIT - Seven, actually, including Chapter Approved.

In other news, did you know a Daemonette is roughly a foot taller than a Guardsman?

28168726_10208873009737599_6940193935992

The More You Know.

I just finished reading through your thread. I hadn’t realized this was largely about Slaanesh. Those are some sweet purples on the daemonettes, especially that vibrant shade on the claws

I really liked your fluff on the 9th co. That’s quite similar to what I have planned with my EC warband. Survivors of Skalathrax who carry a bitter hatred for Khorne and all of his followers. Though your writing is quite a bit more eloquent than anything I could put down haha. Keep the pics rolling!

My writing is, at best, thinly veiled plagiarism.

But thanks. It's good to know you're not playing to an entirely empty room, haha.

----------

I'm pretty sick again (if anyone tells you that being vegan doesn't effect recovery times, slap them) and have discovered the existence of Soviet Storm: WWII in the East, an eighteen part documentary which is giving me all kinds of ideas for names, scenery pieces and army themes, so given that I have nearly two whole months until the next round of exams I should be able to squeeze out a fairly sizeable Renegade Patrol Detachment soon.

I might even finish the Daemon miniatures I was supposed to finish more than three months ago. Stranger things have happened.

• 2 weeks later...

It seemed superfluous to start a whole new thread so I'm chucking these ladies in here and calling it right.

Necromunda was the game that started it all for me so I hopped on the nostalgia bandwagon. Introducing the Sisters of Mercy;

Fight the Shooty Stuff

gallery_65093_14245_153956.jpg

L-R Elsa, India, Madison, Brandi, Aidra

Shoot the Fighty Stuff

gallery_65093_14245_67389.jpg

L-R Yasmine, Sara, Rachel, Jessica, Kortney

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a rough knock up of what I'm thinking re Renegade uniforms;

Ryadovoy

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_hU2Lh.haLvy__@i9aHM@@@___@hozqShozqShozqS...hyvFnhozqS..@&

Serzhant

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/igbeta2.php?b62c=@iakk7_haLvy.hU2Lh.@@i9aHM@@@...@hozqShozqShozqS___hyvFnhozqS__@&

Each gets a red star on their left shoulderpad, regiment on their right.

Completions:

Unit #7 - seventeen Daemonettes

gallery_65093_14245_1219471.jpg

The astute will notice there are actually 20 Daemonettes there.

Unit #8 - six Seekers

gallery_65093_14245_1408705.jpg

The bases I need for consistency are, of course, out of stock everywhere and have been for months.

Bozhe moy.

Unit #14 - Hellflayer

gallery_65093_14245_1471917.jpg

Just a cheeky four months and four days behind schedule.

Absolutely loving those colours man, they’re so vibrant! Especially that green, it’s just awesome. So very Slaaneshi

Can’t wait to see the KoS done up

I think it means that She can be used in either AoS or 40K.

'Cause She definitely isn't basic.

Despite what I said earlier, after having Her in my hands I'm now thinking that I'm going to replace the sword (which is ridicululously warped and very thin at points) with a whip and I'm thinking about trying to reshape Her horns into a heart to match the Heralds since She's, you know, The Violet Heart, but I also might just shape the dreadlocks into a heart 'cause that seems much easier and I am fundamentally lazy.

So, apparently Ms. Loquitur has had her interest piqued and wants to paint Her. It's the first time she's shown any real interest and I'm eager to encourage that and double how much this household spends on plastic each month... but The Violet Heart is easily the biggest and most impressive mini I own and the centrepiece and Warlord of a now 2500pt Daemon army and Slaanesh damn it I want to paint Her.

Also, the current Ms. Loquitur doesn't know that the inspiration for The Violet Heart and this entire army is a former Ms. Loquitur, which is awkward.

Some small progress. It is my first time working with a mini of this size and the first time I've had to do much in the way of resin prep.

It's been slower than I'd like it to have been, because of the above and because while giving Her the once over I discovered a not-insignificant mold-line/slip down her left hand side and also because all of the various little resin blocks that Her parts are delivered on gave me an idea for a Daemon World Statue Garden, which I obviously then had to sketch out and cost.

Hoorah for Dollarama.

gallery_65093_14245_547210.jpg

Also, that's totally a 'space' background and not a lamp reflecting off a dirty bedside table.

Also, the current Ms. Loquitur doesn't know that the inspiration for The Violet Heart and this entire army is a former Ms. Loquitur, which is awkward.

You’d better hope current Ms. Loquitur doesn’t find out, or you’ll be starting a new army for your new former Ms. Loquitur :D

The plans you have for this lady beast sound pretty cool. I’m looking forward to seeing it come to life

I seriously can't recommend Battlefoam enough.

$107 USD (including shipping to the Great White North) for those four trays, enough to pack and transport every Daemon in this thread.

EDIT - Or not, actually. I bought the 72 Troop Tray to house the Daemonettes and they don't fit. At all. Way too tall. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived