Let the galaxy burn! XVI LEGION WIP (Deimos Rhino Complete!)

Vect

Thank you! It's actually quite simple: 

Khorne red 

Abaddon black shade (made with lahmian) 

Khorne red (heavily diluted with lahmian so 4-5 coats)

Wazdakka red (same as above)

And again abaddon deep recesses shade.

Small progress update, I have been "chain painting" 4 soon to be Reavers. Just the edge highlight and the bases left! Thanks for looking.

gallery_66530_12428_529110.jpg

Thank you guys! Just as it's 2 am, quick update as I just finished the Reavers!

Thanks for looking!

edit: will post some better pics in due time :)

gallery_66530_12428_1000003.jpg

Hi gents!

I have finally finished the rhino, two evenings full of painting and I have a quick painted, edge-highlighted, airbrush highlighted rhino, the most work I have done for 55 points :D. This could not have been accomplished without the help Lord Commander Eidelon. I was firstly inspired by his awesome rhino, and then when I asked him how it was painted he gave the most detailed and informative step by step guide ever, I have never used powders to suck a degree, (only applying with a dry brush [i know :|).

Thank you Eidelon!

Thanks for looking.

gallery_66530_12428_346450.jpg

gallery_66530_12428_1487105.jpg

More pics will follow.

That looks really good! Raw and gritty, the powders do help to make it more realistic and breathes life into the black which otherwise can look quite boring. 55points worth of painting to be proud of mate!

Great stuff there! I am so glad I could be of some assistance! I'd add more dirt and more scratches, but that's only so no other legion looks as smart and tidy as my beloved IIIrd!

Looking at it with fresher eyes, I can see some nice streaking going on there, did you do that with oils/streaking grime? I'd still go a little more subtle with some of the silver chips around the sharp edges, but I know from experience how that's easier said than done! My IW Rhino dark brown chipping ended up looking more like dirt than chips.... grrr!!

Another top tip I forgot is to add the powders by mixing it with humbrol decal fix and painting it on! It'll dry powdery but if you add water it'll re-activate and you can manipulate the effects! Now go get yourself a Land Raider and do it all again...... ;)

Thank you again!

I did not use streaking grime, there are basically no chips to be honest all of the light lines are a Vallejo Sky grey edge highlight. Hmmm... I might try the humbrol, however I must first fully learn how to apply these pigments.

I will keep the spartan for last, next will be a Venator ;-), my goal for now is two full troop choices in order to be legal.

A group shot (i still regret the theft of my dslr):

gallery_66530_12428_92705.jpg

Archived