The Black Reaches (DW) - OOC

Cryptix

Could Kharvox try and shoot now?

I doubt Inellia would appreciate it. It could get you in trouble for insubordination. Remember, he doesn't know that Inellia tried to shoot the woman.

I suppose he could ask to execute her

OK

Nothings stopping you from doing so, however :P
Yes; I just thought it was best to be straightforward and ask you guys politely not to.

And Inellia is technically your superior, not that an Astartes would want to listen to a human, but I suppose she will be giving a report to the Inquisitor after the mission. I'd rather give a positive one.

I don't know what I would do actually beccause I feel like it can't be a ton of fun to have another PC as your boss, so I'm trying to play down that aspect.

Well, it depends on how you do the leadership, really. Also, play your character how they should be played. IF theyre an OTT Bossy Controlfreak, go for it. But its likely to bite them in the butt someday :p

Dont restrain your RP unless you know you're going hardcore overboard.

i would say leading is not Inellia's favorite pastime, but she is capable. I'm comfortable with her letting the Space Marines make most of the decisions. She is mostly there to observe, but something like a Pariah falls under her purview, so she's going to expect the marines to follow her instructions with regard to the little girl.

tl;dr: No, I would not call Inellia bossy, but when she feels she needs to give an order she is going to expect it to be followed.

I swear I forgot completely about Saint Celestine when I wrote the mom's name. I just wanted her to have a Gothic name from her Rogue Trader boyfriend, and it was the first thing that came to mind!

But now one must think of the circumstances between the name and Inellia missing...  

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Slipstream informed me (many thanks) that this game might be looking for another player. If so, could someone tell me where I can find this adventure's character creation guidelines, or what they might be? And what role(s) is the group lacking?

Honestly, this thread is pretty much where signups and character creation and other bits and bobs happened. You can basically start from Page1.

Its basically standard DW Space Marine creation with the added armor rolls (if desired) and chapter specific stuff from RoB and using the FAQ for weapon profiles.

As of now, the crew is planning to start an assault on a Tau base for reasons and we may have just lost our teams Librarian player.

Otherwise, its:

-Me, Assault Marine

-SoD, Sister Of Battle Handler

-Morovir, "Apothecary"

-SinnerBeta, Techmarine

So, if you want to avoid doubling up, a Devastator, Librarian or Tactical Marine could work.

I'd probably avoid doubling up on Apothecaries or Techmarines though. Having another Assault Marine shouldnt be all that funky.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear the FAQ is in use.

Additional questions:

1. What's the current (spendable) experience level, Renown, and Requisition allotment?
  2. Are there any specific restrictions on anything I should be aware of?
  3. Is there any attachment to having a Librarian in the squad?
    1. If not, would anyone be opposed to, or specifically for, having a Marine looking into the Chaplaincy, or perhaps a Scout character, as a member of the squad?

1. We just started first mission, renown details in mission.

2. None off the top of my head.

3. Nothing, though we are dealing with a blank at the moment...

3.1 Nothing over here, though check with everyone else.

Now excuse me while I continue the search for the DH Inquisitor's Handbook!

Alright, I've decided on a Space Wolf character, Brother Sigbjörn. I haven't decided on a specialty yet, as I'd like some input from the rest of the squad. If they would like to keep a Librarian in the group, then I'll be a Rune Priest. If not, then I'm leaning towards an Assault/Tactical Marine in line to pick up the Wolf Priest specialty later down the road, or perhaps a Wolf Scout. (I've swapped my WS and BS scores in anticipation of going the Wolf Priest route.)

Also, for the Armor History tables, are we rolling those, or are we allowed to choose the table we want to roll on?

Here are my current rolls so far.

Alright, I've decided on a Space Wolf character, Brother Sigbjörn. I haven't decided on a specialty yet, as I'd like some input from the rest of the squad. If they would like to keep a Librarian in the group, then I'll be a Rune Priest. If not, then I'm leaning towards an Assault/Tactical Marine in line to pick up the Wolf Priest specialty later down the road, or perhaps a Wolf Scout. (I've swapped my WS and BS scores in anticipation of going the Wolf Priest route.)

Also, for the Armor History tables, are we rolling those, or are we allowed to choose the table we want to roll on?

Here are my current rolls so far.

Librarian. *cough cough* heretic witch *cough cough* :P

Do want you like I suppose. We also have me, a shooting based Sister of Battle (Dark Heresy first edition Inquisitor's Handbook Adepta Sororitas career (militant path, of course) using Ascension rules, 14000 XP) and 2 NPC Storm Troopers.

Inellia has kinda taken in this young girl who is a pariah/blank/untouchable (pick your favorite term) and the girl's mother, who Inellia can't seem to decide whether or not to kill.

She is 63 (40 years with the Ordo Hereticus (yes, Hereticus) and has recieved juvant treatments/gene therapy) but what I kinda failed to explain to everyone else adequately is that she is not an Inquisitor or even an Interogator (she turned down the promotion I imagine). Inellia has a bunch of stuff she can do so if you care to know her character sheet is in my signature (click Inellia's name).

Alright, after giving it quite a bit of thought, I've come to a decision. Barring the remaining squad members (Slipstreams, Morovir, and SinnerBeta) all voting for a Librarian, I've decided I'm going to make Brother Sigbjörn a Tactical Marine/Wolf Scout.

Edit: Heh, I forgot the Wolf Priest is essentially an Apothecary as well, so scratch that idea.

Alright, after giving it quite a bit of thought, I've come to a decision. Barring the remaining squad members (Slipstreams, Morovir, and SinnerBeta) all voting for a Librarian, I've decided I'm going to make Brother Sigbjörn a Tactical Marine. And if this campaign makes it far enough, I'll look into having him become a Wolf Priest.

Cool! Oh, I'm not against anLibrarian if that's what you wanted to do :)

Cool! Oh, I'm not against anLibrarian if that's what you wanted to do smile.png

No, I don't generally tend to play them, and wanted to do something else. But coming in late (and taking over a position that had previously been filled by a Librarian to begin with), I wanted the squad's opinion on whether yall wanted to keep a Librarian around. Which would be fine by me, since I can play one, it's just not my first choice.

Edit: Also, since I decided on the Wolf Scout instead of Chaplain, I unswapped my Weapon Skill and Ballistic Skill scores, and instead swapped my Agility and Fellowship scores. Man, this guy can move. biggrin.png

That's it. You've doomed yourself.

You must now be grimdark Mako.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/024de8b169739959e2318e3397322e2f1383826155_full.gif

Looks good to me! Feel free to interject at any point and I guess we're all handwaving any previous mention of the Librarian as being a Wolf Scout without actually going through and editing those posts hahah :p

Just a quick rundown of where we are do you can hop in ASAP:

• Inella is our Handler/Squad Leader by Inquisitorial Writ.
  • Faramond is a Black Templar Assault Marine who especially likes the "SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN TO LIVE!" quote.
  • Kharvox is essentially HK-47 + Iron Hands Apothecary. It is as awesome as it sounds.
  • Kamael is a Dark Angel Techmarine. 
  • Our mission is to get a Tau Ethereal back to said Inquisitor; said Ethereal is defecting to the Imperium.
  • On the same planet upon which our Quarry lies, there is a Daemonic Incursion occurring with some Grey Knights apparently being called in to deal with it. We may or may not have to swing by depending on how things go.
  • We met brother Kamael at the temporary camp he set up since he came here as a forward element.
  • Brother Kharvox decided that subtlety wasn't a thing for the Iron Hands and got the attention of the local human population.
  • Child decided to be weird and almost got a bolt shell to the skull for it.
  • Apparently shes a Blank and her Mom is called Celestine.
  • Turns out Celestine might be immune to point-blank Inferno Pistol shots. Maybe Inella is just unlucky. Who knows?
  • We're currently deciding on if we want to slaughter Tau during the day or at night. End result is spilled blue blood either way.

Unless I'm missing something, this is more or less it as it currently stands :p

Since you where not around before, here's a description of what Inellia looks like (since she's a little unusual)

Inellia is not overly tall, especially when compared to an Astartes, at 5'8" (I think that's the right height). She is 63 years old, but appears to be in her 30s due to juvant treatments/gene therapy/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. As a Sister of the Order of the Valorous Heart, her robes are black, and her armour black with gold trimming, except for the faceplate of her helmet, which is white as that is traditional for the Sisters of Battle. She wears her Chaplet Ecclesiasticus around her waist when armoured, so that it hangs below her knees (like on the SoB models) She is rather gaunt, and albino (so, rally pale skin, pink eyes, and very pale hair which she does not dye) and she has a blood red Fleur-de-leis tattoo under her left eye. She carries an Inferno Pistol and a (best craftsmanship) chainsword, along with her Godwyn-De'az bolter, a Plasma Blaster, a couple frag grenades, and the concussion grenade she requisitioned from the Deathwatch armoury. Her Inquisitorial Badge of Office locks into the left palm of her power armour (and the palm of her left hand, since it's bionic.

Archived