The Black Reaches (DW) - OOC

Cryptix

Throne! I didn't notice we already had the enemies' initiative rolls! You're all waiting on me to shoot, aren't you?

Gah! I'm sorry. Please feel free to say something next time I'm holding the game up. I'll post my rolls in a minute.

Sorry everyone, I have some issues currently which make me forget to post. Could Kamael stay in the Rhino as it's driver, ready to pick up the rest of the team when the time comes ? I can still post from time to time for talking over the Vox but I don't want to hold up the action while you wait for me to roll.

Sorry everyone, I have some issues currently which make me forget to post. Could Kamael stay in the Rhino as it's driver, ready to pick up the rest of the team when the time comes ? I can still post from time to time for talking over the Vox but I don't want to hold up the action while you wait for me to roll.

I'm ok with this. It's too bad that you can't play actively, but that sounds like a good alternative.

I too must apologize for my lack of recent activity; my best friend was in a car accident Friday night (no serious injury, and thankfully he didn't have either of his kids with him), and I've been helping him out the past few days.

oh my, I hope he recovers quickly (I'm glad your friend wasn't hurt badly, and that he was driving alone at the time).

And yeah, there's nothing to apologize for of course. Take the time you need and get back to us when you can, that's certainly more important than pretending to be a ridiculous space-idiot with people over the Internet.

Oh, he's fine. His arm was a little sore but that's about it; the only thing that got damaged was his car, luckily. Mostly me helping was driving him around to take care of his errands and then just generally hanging out to make sure he didn't need anything and that there weren't any lingering effects that didn't show up right away. But he's got a rental now, the soreness in his arm is gone, and nothing else has come up, so I'm back and ready to go. smile.png

Action posted, but I have the feeling that I have done something wrong. Could somebody please check that I have done everything correctly? Thanks.

I looks ok to me but if you really want to avoid any possible software screw ups, just rolling like this: : 2#1d10+9 14 13 http://orokos.com/roll/459578 

In this instance, I'd deal 14 Damage at Pen 4 which is pretty similar to what you've got for 1D10+9 with Tearing (Minimum of 10 damage, maximum of 19) and since we're using the FAQ weapon profiles, this is totally fine.

Remember, we're Badass Space Marine Alien Hunters. We should be murdering them AND the GM can still make the Tau attempt to dodge to negate the damage.

Too, comparatively speaking, we can soak a TON of damage. For example, my Techmarine Character in another campaign (Still rank 1) has The Flesh Is Weak (1) Talent which gives him +1AP to all parts. He has Mk 8 for AP11 to the torso and toughness 38 (I'm upgrading this to 42 after our current mission). To, a shot to his chest, he can soak a total of 18 or 20 (when I upgrade toughness) before AP Values.

So, sure, we hit hard, but so do they. We just absorb damage much better than they do because we're marines. Too, this is a pretty deadly game to begin with and the main idea is for us to be mowing down feeble xenos chaff (not without some difficulty - DAMN YOU RNGESUS!) for the most part. 

No, it most definitely has a ROF of S/3/- (https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/ce/5e/ce5ee4eb-8277-4545-b673-e1dc6a6cf502/deathwatch-living-errata-v1-1.pdf). Maybe you are thinking of the Astartes Bolt Pistol? Enjoy your free hit. msn-wink.gifbiggrin.png

Derp. Yeah, I looked at the bolt pistol stat line.

But the thing is, FFG is stupid so the Goldwyn-De'az Boltgun is S/2/-. So not only does Inellia's Boltgun do 4 less damage, it has a slightly shorter range and fires fewer shots.

Wait, Morovir, we are using the Deathwatch Weapon Errata right? In which case the bolter does 1d10+9 damage

I think he may have calculated the damage as normal but posted the final damage taking the tau armor and toughness into account (after Armour Pen).

Archived