The Black Reaches (DW) - OOC

Cryptix

No, Power Armour should not count since the whole point behind Power Armour is that it carries itself due virtue of the Artificial Muscle Fibre Bundles etc. on top of giving the bearer a strength bonus.

What you don't get is Unnatural Toughness and Strength which comes from the space marine Implants.

The only time you need to care about wearing Power Armour and its weight is when it becomes unpowered.

(Rogue Trader Core Rulebook pg. 139)

"For all types of Power Armor, the weight of the armor does not count for calculating the wearer's normal carrying limit."

Furthermore, in Ascension (Pg 144)

"... one wearing power armor can move and fight as if he was unencumbered, his suit's augmetic systems compensating entirely for the armor's crushing weight and bulk."

No, Power Armour should not count since the whole point behind Power Armour is that it carries itself due virtue of the Artificial Muscle Fibre Bundles etc. on top of giving the bearer a strength bonus.

What you don't get is Unnatural Toughness and Strength which comes from the space marine Implants.

The only time you need to care about wearing Power Armour and its weight is when it becomes unpowered.

(Rogue Trader Core Rulebook pg. 139)

"For all types of Power Armor, the weight of the armor does not count for calculating the wearer's normal carrying limit."

Furthermore, in Ascension (Pg 144)

"... one wearing power armor can move and fight as if he was unencumbered, his suit's augmetic systems compensating entirely for the armor's crushing weight and bulk."

Awesome! Rad Cleanser, here I come (and maybe an additional weapon as well . . . )! biggrin.png

Edit: well, I don't think I can get Exotic Weapon Training, so there goes that idea.

If there are still slots, what's the timezone and schedule, I could roll up a character tomorrow.

Edit: Just saw it might be play by post, I'm definently in if it is.

This will be Play by Post, unless I have been sorely deceived! tongue.png

Yeah, we're PbP. Also, if you're that strapped for space Inellia, just hand it off to one of the Space Marines or Inquisitorial Meatshields that accompany you. The joys of being a handler tongue.png . Just so you guys know, the reason why Inellia is attached to your squads is because you guys got sent to the Deathwatch by your chapters because of some heretical questionable behavior, but not enough to have you purged.

Thanks to Slipstreams, I now know I have 35kg of space to work with (since power armour essentially carries itself)!

So, I have a an idea. I won't do any of this without Cryptix's permission.

I drop the Basic Weapon Training (Las, Bolt, Flame, and Melta) talents for the Basic Weapon Expertise Paragon Talent (500 XP, gets me all the BWT Talents, essentially - I want it for the ability to use Plasma weapons)

I drop Cleanse and Purify (since I can't have it anymore (prerequisite of BWT (Flame))) for Hip Shooting (because why not, might do Concealment instead, or another level in Intimidate)

And finally, I pick up a Plasma Blaster with a Red-Dot Laser Sight (and possibly an exterminator cartridge . . . )

Plasma Blaster Basic 60m S/-/- 2d10+6 E Pen:6 Clip:12 Rld:2Full Overheats, Recharge, Unreliable 20.5kg

Oh, and would it be OK if I got some Inferno Shells for my Bolter?

Sorry for throwing all of this at you Cryptix. Thanks for humoring me. laugh.png

Edit: Oh, I'm in charge of policing for heretical behavior? Delightful! I knew there was a reason Inellia has a +20 in Forbidden Lore (Heresy)! That being said, I hope I don't die of Commissar Syndrome (getting shot in the back) . . .

"REASSURANCE: YOU WILL NOT BE SHOT IN THE BACK. IT IS ONLY FAIR THAT YOU MEET YOUR GRISLY END FACE TO FACE."

Aw, I thought for sure that under all that metal there was a loyal servant of the Emperor. How disappointing. You are no longer worthy of my time, but I will not abandon you.

Imagine, on of the great Astartes threatening a Sister of Battle, and a Senior Inquisitorial Agent at that. I overestimated you.

I might as well hop in too.

If only to antagonize the Inquisitorial Handler.

What Specialization he'll be....I'll decide once I got the stats :p

"CLARIFICATION: I NEVER SAID I WAS GOING TO KILL YOU. HOWEVER, BEAR IN MIND THAT THE GALAXY IS FULL OF TERRORS, AND I AM THE ONLY ONE WITH THE MEDICAE SKILL."

I trust you will fufill your duties to the best of your ability, rather than . . . forget . . . which syringe is which when Inellia is bleeding to death tongue.png

If not, she might have to look into bringing along her own medic.

Cryptix? Thoughts? Or will all the Inquisitorial grunts be simple Storm Troopers? tongue.png

I might as well hop in too.

If only to antagonize the Inquisitorial Handler.

What Specialization he'll be....I'll decide once I got the stats tongue.png

Or, you could be friends with Inellia (at least, as much as a slightly insane (42 Insanity points) zealot and a posthuman can be friends).

And welcome! I'm happy to see this thing moving along!

I'll be playing a tactical marine from a DIY White scars successor, whose gonna roll around initially in scout armor

Cool beans!

Surprise Surprise, I might end up playing a Black Templar hahaha!

Well, wouldn't that be good for Inellia? Or will he be one of the non-religous type Templrs? The Templars do recognize the God-Emperor as their deity, right?

Either way, we can have fun plotting the downfall of our transpot's Astropath and Navigator.

Look in the mirror. Heretic.

I curious as to why you would call a Battle Sister with four decades of faithful service a heretic. In fact, I believe I have said (irl) in the past that calling a battle sister a heretic is itself an act of heresy.

Really, I want all out characters to have a good working relationship, but if you keep this kind of thing up . . .

Oh, we will. WHEN WERE SLAYING THE ENEMY!

Otherwise...we'll just have to wait and see :P Remember, in RPGs, nothing ever really goes to plan.

Zealotry and high levels of insanity can lead to even the most faithful becoming heretics. Look at the Impaler Cardinal Krol or Vandire, for examples, and tell me that it is unwise to be cautious.

Either way, I intend to play Inellia as entirely faithful, if slightly unsound. Also, a strong conviction (zealotry) is kinda a hallmark of the Orders Militant, so . . .

I can't fault you for being vigilant for heresy, even in the most unlikely places (just look at what Saint Dominica did, she killed an Ecclesiarch), but Inellia will not tolerate you flat out calling her a heretic. In fact, I can't think of much that would be more insulting (or maybe she'll just write you off as a heretic, in which case she will not be insulted, but she might order the others to subdue you, in which case you can have some fun killing Storm Troopers, since I doubt the other space marines would go along with that at least until the Ordo Astartes shows up).

Ok, so here are the rolls:

Name: Faramond Odientes

Stats:

: 9#2d10+30 49 35 32 38 38 48 47 38 45

Rearranged as such: WS49(+5BT, +10PA), BS48, STR45, TGH47, AGI38, INT35, PER38, WP38(+5BT), FEL32 (39 Reroll).

Rerolled Fellowship:

: 1#2d10+30 39

Chapter: Black Templar (+5WS, +5WP)

Speciality: Assault Marine

Wounds:

: 1#1d5+18 20

Fate Points:

: 1d10 6

3 FP

Demeanour:

: 1d10 1

Calculating

Past:

: 1d5 4

Trained a Neophyte

Power Armour (Rites of Battle):

: 1d10 10

Mark VIII Errant

Armour History:

: 1d5 4

Skill of the Artificer

Result:

: 1d10 7

Gauntlets of Xirion (+10WS and +5FEL w/ Imperial Loyalists, Ap7 to Arms).

+++

Starting XP (1000):

Signature Wargear (Power Sword) 500

Two-Weapon Wielder (melee) 500

Standard Issue Wargear:

Bolt Pistol

3 Frag & Krak Grenades

Combat Knife

Repair Cement

Chapter Trapping (Devotion Chain [+3 vs Fear or Cohesion DMG])

Jump Pack

Astartes Chainsword

+++

For some reason, the links to my rolls didnt have sad.png

Anyways, here's a onedrive link to the PDF https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqrDmDB5nqhsg9E6aUAi5ZxUJgnzzQ

Let me know if you want me to change anything.

Archived