Deathwatch Sub-Forum?

Atia

How about having a "Chambers Militant" subforum? IIRC the Adepta Sororitas isn't (aren't?) considered as being an Order Militant of the Inquisition any more so the Deathwatch and Grey Knights could perhaps share a subforum (since they share a similar theme and are not "high trafic" armies)?

Just a suggestion, mind you.

How about having an "Orders Militant" subforum? IIRC the Adepta Sororitas isn't considered as being an Order Militant of the Inquisition any more so the Deathwatch and Grey Knights could perhaps share a subforum (since they share a similar theme and are not "high trafic" armies)?

I honestly thought about that too. Maybe with a seperate rules/armylists sub-sub-forum or so?

Should Deathwatch and Grey Knights share an army list subforum or each has their own? The latter seems more likely, since there probably wouldn't be all that much traffic (on the long term).

Deathwatch AND Grey Knights share an army list subforum or each has their own? The latter seems more likely, since there probably wouldn't be all that much traffic (on the long term).

Yeah maybe something like this:

gallery_79873_10492_70.png

I honestly have no clue how many people visit the army list sub-forums.

Deathwatch AND Grey Knights share an army list subforum or each has their own? The latter seems more likely, since there probably wouldn't be all that much traffic (on the long term).

Yeah maybe something like this:

gallery_79873_10492_70.png

I honestly have no clue how many people visit the army list sub-forums.

Shouldn't that be DEATHWATCH & Grey Knights? tongue.png JUST joking!!

Actually, GK & DW is how they appeared in White Dwarf 259 (Aug 2001),

"Index Astartes: Purge the Unclean - The Grey Knights & Deathwatch Chapters", pages 44-47

How about having an "Orders Militant" subforum? IIRC the Adepta Sororitas isn't (aren't?) considered as being an Order Militant of the Inquisition any more so the Deathwatch and Grey Knights could perhaps share a subforum (since they share a similar theme and are not "high trafic" armies)?

They are called Chambers Militant. An Order Militant refers to an Adepta Sororitas Order that carries bolters. The Orders Hospitaler, Famulous, Diologus, Pronatus, and Sabine are the types of Non-Militant Orders. Note that these are categories, not single Orders (ex. the Order of the Key and the Order of the Gate are two Orders Famulous based at the Convent Sanctorum on Ophelia VII).

Also, I was under the impression that the Orders Militant still served as the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Hereticus, but I may be wrong on that one. Whatever their relationship with the Inquisition, it is important to remember that the Adepta Sororitas are primarily a branch of the Adeptus Ministorum, and any Inquisitorial designation is secondary.

Edit: Well, I don't see any mention of the Inquisiton in the current codex. So I maybe the Orders Militant are no longer a Chamber Militant. Fine by me.

In my humble opinion: the B&C has a forum for each army that has a Codex. So it stands to reason that the Deathwatch should have their own stand-alone forum.

Having said that, it's placement could be in the "Forces of the Imperium" forum. Army List sub forum included.

Bouncing from that, and to more closely follow the current Imperial organization, the Grey Knights could move to the FotI forum as well.

Thus, all three Chamber Militants are under one umbrella forum which includes a forum dedicated to the Inquisition.

In my humble opinion: the B&C has a forum for each army that has a Codex. So it stands to reason that the Deathwatch should have their own stand-alone forum.

Having said that, it's placement could be in the "Forces of the Imperium" forum. Army List sub forum included.

Bouncing from that, and to more closely follow the current Imperial organization, the Grey Knights could move to the FotI forum as well.

Thus, all three Chamber Militants are under one umbrella forum which includes a forum dedicated to the Inquisition.

I personally think it would make sense for all the Astartes forums (including DW and GK) to be in the Adeptus Astartes section, but that's really just personal taste.

Well. I always assumed the board paralleled Gw organization. If they designate the faction as adeptus astartes: deathwatch, then it belongs grouped with the other AA armies.

Everyone else's opinions are valid to me, but we should be consistent. We should stick to a more obvious organization so that the forum remains intuitive to frater and new comers alike.

At this stage, it's less a case of 'we need a Deathwatch board' and more a case of 'why do we still have a Adepta Sororitas board.' Might as well shift them under the 'Agents of the Imperium' board.

At this stage, it's less a case of 'we need a Deathwatch board' and more a case of 'why do we still have a Adepta Sororitas board.' Might as well shift them under the 'Agents of the Imperium' board.

They still have a valid Codex. Why would they get merged with another subforum?

The AS forum is plenty active. I would prefer you didn't make uniformed assumptions about the 1 place on this forum I really care about.

In fact, only the IG forum has more replies that the AS forum under the Forces of the Imperium heading, but I gess that may be partly due to how long each of those forums has been around.

They still have a valid Codex. Why would they get merged with another subforum?

Thank you.

You know that outside of the Astra Militarum and massed Mechanicus legions, Sisters are perchaps the only thing that can be called power armoured army on this board? As in, real army, not small company sized strike forces Astartes use. Each of major Sister orders has thousands of warriors and hundreds of vehicles, not to mention sworn allies in PDF and IG regiments of their planets. Even small Sister orders easily rival SM Chapters in size even without calling the faithful under their banners so lumping them with singular agents would be a rather dumb change, IMHO.

The Guard section is much newer, so that's not exactly a metric to be using as a comparison anyway. The B&C will make decisions that reflect what is best for the B&C, not necessarily mirroring what GW does. Until we have all the information a decision can't be made, but it does look like under Armies of the Imperium makes the most sense to me - the question would be if it should be merged with the Inquisition directly or not. Seems like it may be the latter, even if they do come under the same auspices?

Alright folks, until a final decision is made, once material is released for Deathwatch, go ahead and discuss in the Codex: Space Marine forum, and hopefully we'll be able to move some/most/all of it over to whatever the Deathwatch's final forum home will be. It may take a little bit of time after release, don't expect to see something automatically pop up tomorrow.

Archived