Bad jokes are my forte, you should know that by now. ;) Also, I hadn't seen that this thread was remade the banter thread. The Iron Warriors just continued in the announcement thread. I'm torn which method is more efficient. Just like I'm torn between the IVth and the VIIth...

I'm keeping an eye on the IW thread so I have an idea of what's going on. I thought it to be more efficient for both myself and participants to keep things seperate. We also don't have as much traffic so we aren't clogging up the first page as much.

Anyway, I would very much appreciate you pledging yourself to our cause but that's a decision you alone can make. In any case, choose wisely, brother. ;)

I, tvih, vow on the honour of the Black Templars and the Crimson Fists to fully paint at least

- a 7-man Terminator Squad with Heavy Flamer and Chainfist

- a 5-man Terminator Squad with Assault Cannon and Chainfist

- a Librarian Witch

- a Terminator Captain with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield

from Codex: Space Marines worth 675 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Start pics:

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/tacterm-cf.jpg

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/tacterm-bt.jpg

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/fists-expansion-vow1-hqs.jpg

I, LionofJudah, vow on the honour of the glorious yellow of the VIIth to fully paint at least 1 10 man tactical squad- sgt in artificer armor, melta bombs, power fist, vexilla, vox, combiweapon from the heresy train, and worth 185 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

I'm also makin an out of competition vow for a baneblade with a megabolter and sabre tank hunter as neither have points nor rules yet are totally bad

I, Augustus b'Raass, join the ranks of the VIIth Legion and its successors and vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists Chapter to fully paint one Imperial Space Marine (utilizing the rule to include a single infantry sized miniature as a first vow) from White Dwarf 115 with a trophy for a total amount of 55 points (50+10%) by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture (below) and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Rogal Dorn and the Imperial Fists by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsecm21yyb.jpg

Hey Dos on my up coming vow I will have a hvy weapons no no. Since Firelords like to torch things this sqd will have a heavy flamer and the Sgt will have hand flamers. For rules sake they wil count as plasma weapons is that ok?

Thanks, buddy! I'm looking forward to adding some more yellow to my collection.:)

Always makes me happy to see such enthusiasm from fellow Sons of Dorn! It'll be a bit of a wait until the even is finally launched but hopefully worth it! thumbsup.gif

Question for you, Dos - would you mind if I posted a DIY concept (and encouraged others to do so) in your Liber thread?

Hey Dos on my up coming vow I will have a hvy weapons no no. Since Firelords like to torch things this sqd will have a heavy flamer and the Sgt will have hand flamers. For rules sake they wil count as plasma weapons is that ok?

Yep, that's fine!

Thanks, buddy! I'm looking forward to adding some more yellow to my collection.smile.png

Wrong quote but you're welcome. :tu:

Always makes me happy to see such enthusiasm from fellow Sons of Dorn! It'll be a bit of a wait until the even is finally launched but hopefully worth it! thumbsup.gif

Question for you, Dos - would you mind if I posted a DIY concept (and encouraged others to do so) in your Liber thread?

No, I don't mind at all. Go ahead! :)

Why did the Iron Warrior cross the road?

Because the inferior planning of the Iron Warriors meant the road was not properly mined, thus allowing said IW to cross.

OK, that got a genuine laugh out of me. :lol:

What's up lapdogs of the rotten corpsegod? You hear that sound? That's the sound of IW siege engines gearing up to blow your puny little house in. I wish us a nice and productive event with lots and lots of great paintjobs. Now be good sports and die brave for once, will ya? thumbsup.gif

Trust an Iron Warrior to not read my third post in this thread. tongue.png

Hmm, I do have an honor debt after blowing my ETL vow...I wonder how I could put trophies onto a Stormtalon. Or maybe now is the time to finally get those Honor Guard on the work bench.

You do indeed. But if you could in the future publish such post in the General Banter thread, that would be great. thumbsup.gif

+ List updated. +

Here Follows an Out Of Competition Vow, it may not count, but I stand with you fellow Sons of Dorn. Ave Imperator.

With Recclusiarch, Kastor Krieg as my witness, I Brother Francis of the Black Templars, Vow, to complete the Imperial Knight “Potems Militem”, with detailed cockpit (Storm Talon) piloted by Techmarine Brother Grigor, from Codex: Imperial Knights, by 18:00 hours, of the 3rd day of December, in the year 2016.

Pic of the partly assembled Imperial Knight to follow.

DSCF1061

I Brother Cambrius, battle brother of Dorn's blood, stand with my forebears and brothers of the VIIth against the oncoming horde of Perturabo's warped kin.

I pledge to complete a Land Raider Crusader with a Multi Melta, resplendant in the colours of the successor chapter, the Vanquishers for 260 points.

My task shall be completed by the 3rd of December 2016, with Rogal Dorn as my witness. This oath of moment I have made will bring glory to the VIIth, or shame upon my name and legacy.

Cambrius

No, I don't mind at all. Go ahead! smile.png

In that case I'd like to invite everyone participating to add a concept. It's nothing strenuous, I must add - two or three paragraphs would be plenty for an idea. I'll have a concept of my own up soon. Come on over. :)

I, Scion of Ferrus, vow on the honour of the Scions of Ferrus Chapter to fully paint an Out of Competition vow of a cut and shut dreadnought comprised of battlefield scavenged Imperial Fists and Iron Warriors parts undergoing a full re-comission & maletek exorcism by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to the Primarch Ferrus Manus and HIM on Terra by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

I, HomemadeWerms, vow on the honour of The Black Templars to fully paint at least 1 Devastator Squad (4x Grav-Cannon w/ amp, & an armorium cherub) from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 215 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

I, TheOneTrueZon do vow for the Black Templars and the glory of all Sons of Dorn, one Relic Leviathan Siege Dreadnought with siege claw and storm cannon, hutner-killer missles and ceramite plating for 340 points. 

http://i.imgur.com/DOS04Ao.jpg

Archived