No worries about the other post. I just don't want it to become a discussion thread! ;)

Ah, Knight Errant as in Astartes. Erm. They're Malcador's agents, aren't they? So does that mean they abandon Legion ties and such like Blackshields?

I, Pyroclast91 vow on the honour of the primarch Rogal Dorn to fully paint one 5 man Legion Heavy Support squad with hardened armor, artificer armor on the sergeant, power sword and combi melta, all riding in a mars pattern Rhino apc with dozer blade, auxiliary drive, extra armour, a hunter killer missile, and a heavy bolter. from the LACAL, and worth 270(I don't have the books so correct me if I'm off) by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms. And together brothers we will lay the traitors low, let us show perturabos filth why the emperor chose the VIIth as his praetorians.

Ave Imperator!

20160823_050236.jpgimage hosting more than 5mb

20160823_050222.jpgfree upload

Will post a pic of the rhino after I strip the current paint off of it.

Hey guys,

I will be vowing!!! I swear... Just waiting on some stuff to come in. Don't want to cash checks with my brush I can't keep.

If I'm using a Knight Errant in my legion force is it kosher to vow him? Or is that a no...?

Imperial Knights have no geneseed, and especially no IV legion geneseed. Not are they vehicles part of the Legion/Chapter proper. So unfortunately that's a no. sad.png

As Augustus said in the other thread, Knights aren't part of the Legion so no, they wouldn't qualify for an official vow. You can always do the Knight as an out-of-competition entry though.

And please...

jimbo13 was talking about Knights Errant, not Imperial Knights - however, I'd say that Knights Errant do not identify themselves as Sons of Dorn or Perturabo anymore, so in the same way, they do not qualify.

In that case I'd like to invite everyone participating to add a concept. It's nothing strenuous, I must add - two or three paragraphs would be plenty for an idea. I'll have a concept of my own up soon. Come on over. smile.png

I've posted my own concept. It took me about half an hour so I'd encourage others to think of something and post it up. thumbsup.gif

Just seen the concepts idea. Might try and see if I can get something similar going for the Iron Without smile.png

By all means, brother, have at it. I'm sure you have an idea of what you're going to do, after all. ;)

I, Shvagyer, vow on the honour of Imperial Fists to fully paint at least 5 Tactical Marines (including a Heavy bolter gunner) from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 88 points (80 + 8 for trophies) by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

And here's the start picture:

tacsquadwip1.jpg

I, Jimbo, vow on the honour of The Mighty VIIth Legion to fully paint at least Herald (lightning claw/articifer armor/refractor field) from the Legion list and worth 130 pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

I, McCaptain, vow on the honour of Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Iron Clad Dreadnought from Codex Space Marines, and worth 145pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/McCaptain/Imperial%20Fists/98EF6DDF-7964-4799-A116-3FB7BD119ECD.jpg

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/McCaptain/Imperial%20Fists/658FA27A-7832-474D-99A5-5186053244E8.jpg

So, we now have:

• 22 participants, including 11 Imperial Fists, 6 Black Templars, and 5 DIY'ers;
  • over 5'000 points worth of models vowed (not counting the two out-of-competition vows);
  • a very happy Dosjetka. biggrin.png

In comparison, our rivals have:

• 11 participants;
  • Just over 3'600 points worth of models vowed;
  • a bitter bunch of traitors. :P

Keep it up, folks!

As a side note, I think that vowing stuff but not being allowed to start painting it straight away is one of the worst things ever. Next year, it'll be different! laugh.png

That's a good point, Gaius.

Still, I've had a quick talk with Lord Thorn and we're thinking of brining the start date to this Saturday (27th August). Would that be OK with folks?

It can be done. If you need help figuring out how to kit them out for a nice list, I'd be happy to help you out, tvih.

Configuration in itself isn't a problem, combined with the BT I already do have painted, it's more the "which unit/model is which chapter" :) So far for my marines I've only painted almost only BT. For CF I only have Kantor and two Sternguard (with the 7 tactical termies now in progress), for IF just Lysander. Don't plan on too many IF though.

I, Mithrilforge, vow on the honour of Imperial Fists to fully paint at least 1x Space Marine Captain,Terminator Armour-Storm Bolter/Power Sword. from Codex space Marines,worth -120 Points, by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

++pic to be added..++

I, McCaptain, vow on the honour of Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Iron Clad Dreadnought from Codex Space Marines, and worth 145pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/McCaptain/Imperial%20Fists/98EF6DDF-7964-4799-A116-3FB7BD119ECD.jpg

"You've Got red on you!" ... laugh.png

Please keep anything else than vows out of this thread and in the General Banter thread. Thanks! thumbsup.gif

If you have questions, it goes into the General Banter thread or you PM me. This thread is for rules and vows!

Huh? This is confusing. This is the general banter thread, no? So are we allowed to talk here and not in the other thread or the other way around? I must say having two threads doesn't really work for me. I enjoy the banter as much as athe painting, and the banter is often about vows - praising, inspiring, and advising others, etc. A lot of that goes lost if you can't banter in the same thread as that in which you make vows, and the other way around. The Iron Warriors have it better, in that regard. Which makes sense, seeing as they are traitors and traitors win - because they banter - CUE the ETL Realm of Chaos thread which is by far the biggest of the Strategiums each year, and wins each year. msn-wink.gif tongue.png

As a side note, I think that vowing stuff but not being allowed to start painting it straight away is one of the worst things ever. Next year, it'll be different! laugh.png

Wait, what? We're not allowed to paint yet?????? This is a painting competition that specifically allows for the vowing of a single marine in the first vow. It kinda feels extremely counter-effective to restrict any painting for almost two weeks in a painting event - especially if you allow for just a single marine to be vowed. "hey guys, we want you to paint as much as you can, but you can't paint any of it now". I guess I should have read the rules better, but who would expect such a silly restriction?? Oh well, I guess assumption is the mother of all screw-ups: I just finished painting my first vow today and was enthused to post the picture just now, but now see that I wasn't allowed to paint it yet. .. kind of a buzz kill, really. I'm not going to strip it and have only one copy of the Imperial Space Marine. Am I disqualified now?

I'm not going to strip it and have only one copy of the Imperial Space Marine. Am I disqualified now? 

yes, you are. Now you have to vow only in competition for the Iron Warriors, as penance ;)

Augustus: First off -> dude, seriously, chill. I'm doing this in my free time, in the middle of a move, just before starting a new job half a country away. I understand that you're confused/upset but it's a painting event and I'm no Capt. Semper.

Secondly -> two threads for clarity. What I found difficult with the other IFE's is that I had to trawl through posts to find vows, make sure if I posted questions about those vows that people saw them (which could take days), etc. Sure, it might not be ideal for banter but I think it's a fair compromise and it's no as if people couldn't discuss things, especially once pictures get posted, ask for advice, etc.

Thirdly -> Should have read the rules better. I discussed bringing the start date forward to this Saturday because I realised this morning that it isn't the smartest of ideas. Anyway, no you're not disqualified.

Just to clarify: I am chill, chill as Winston! :D Just confused. I looked at the Vow thread and saw that the above quote was quoted from that thread and not from this thread - which explained things a bit. I had no intention of downplaying your efforts or anything / if I came across as such , I apologize. I know my style can come across as a bit matter of factly (Hey, I chose the IFs for a reason msn-wink.gif ) Know that I very much appreciate your efforts! Also: yay for not being disqualified. How about this for fairness sake: I'll hold off posting the miniature and claiming vow finished for a coupe days after the start, so as to balance it out. :)

If you need some help/advice on how to minimize administrative effort without cost to thoroughness, give me a PM. I learned a lot from the Arena event last year. :)

Nice try, but no. Just take the most expensive stuff. msn-wink.gif Oh, and:

Please keep anything else than vows out of this thread and in the General Banter thread. Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Oops, my bad :)

And I didn't really express myself clearly: I meant that I have fully equipped him with relics and equipment, totally within codex-entry legality. It makes him expensive, but I just wanted to clarify after seeing the whole 50-point individual model thing. As it is, I think I was being daft and the rules are pretty clear that it is fine ;)

Archived