Just to clarify: I am chill, chill as Winston! biggrin.png Just confused. I looked at the Vow thread and saw that the above quote was quoted from that thread and not from this thread - which explained things a bit. I had no intention of downplaying your efforts or anything / if I came across as such , I apologize. I know my style can come across as a bit matter of factly (Hey, I chose the IFs for a reason msn-wink.gif ) Know that I very much appreciate your efforts! Also: yay for not being disqualified. How about this for fairness sake: I'll hold off posting the miniature and claiming vow finished for a coupe days after the start, so as to balance it out. smile.png

If you need some help/advice on how to minimize administrative effort without cost to thoroughness, give me a PM. I learned a lot from the Arena event last year. smile.png

Cool. Sorry if I came across as being a bit aggressive there.

And posting the completed model a couple of days after the start sounds like a fair deal. :)

Oops, my bad smile.png

And I didn't really express myself clearly: I meant that I have fully equipped him with relics and equipment, totally within codex-entry legality. It makes him expensive, but I just wanted to clarify after seeing the whole 50-point individual model thing. As it is, I think I was being daft and the rules are pretty clear that it is fine msn-wink.gif

Ah, right. Gotcha. :tu:

Dos- I would love to move it to this Saturday as the yellow pots of mystical paints are congealing in frustration

By the way, here's an example of how I paint my CF/IF in case anyone's interested:

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/etl2013-kantor-and-lysander.jpg

More of a close-up of a CF Sternguard:

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/crimson-fist-stern-sergeant.jpg

Interested to see how this CF style works on a terminator.

Also, uh, Dosjetka... I know technically vows shouldn't be edited, but since the painting stage hasn't even started yet, any chance I could sneak the Terminator Captain I just bought today in there? Would really like to work on him as soon as possible already, I'll go cuckoo if I have to finish the other 12 termies first tongue.png

+ OFFICIAL EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT +

Since waiting for another week-and-a-half before starting to paint is crazy, the start date shall be brought forward to Saturday 27th August. There is no start time so whenever you wake up and it's the 27th in your part of the world, you are allowed to start.

In addition to this, you have until the 27th to modify your current vows in the following ways:

• By adding one or multiple units to your vow;
  • By modifying the wargear of your currently vowed units.

You cannot under any circumstance remove any of the units that you have already pledged to paint.

End of announcement.

+ + + + +

Looking good, tvih. The black and metallics could do with a highlight though. :tu: And the answer to your question can be found above!

I have looked through the pages and cant find an answer for my question, so I will ask and apologise if I have missed it somewhere.

Can I work on my BT and IF army at the same time in this IFE? or do I have to pick one of them? I mean, why have only one army of sons of Dorn if you can have two? happy.png

You can switch between Chapters when you make a new vow, yes (ie. first vow for Imperial Fists, second vow for Black Templars, etc). I hope that's clear. smile.png

and between 30k and 40k smile.png

:tu:

You can switch between Chapters when you make a new vow, yes (ie. first vow for Imperial Fists, second vow for Black Templars, etc). I hope that's clear. smile.png

Oh. Uhm. Well, the thing of it is... of the two terminator units I vowed one is going to be painted BT, the other CF... blush.png

Eh, yeah, you're right. Brainfart. But 30k and 40k vows stay separate. Makes things clearer for all.

In other news, we have 23 participants and 5210 points vowed. This is going to be good. biggrin.png

Sub-Sector: Lauss Rift

Planet: Transcendence//Hive World

M41

“All Imperial units!  Seek cover immediately!  Get to ground!  The is the end!” that was all the warning they had been given.  A garbled vow call across all Imperial channels.  No answer was given to call backs or demands for more information.  Not that they had needed it for long.  In fact almost as soon as the message had come over the vox network they had seen it.  Like a giant burning spear of the Emperor’s wrath, crashing down from the heavens around the planet into the heart of the Hive City.  Guardsmen had run screaming, other had fallen to their knees and begged for His forgiveness.  Jaeron, however, had taken the messages advice.  Grabbing a nearby Guardsmen, a member of the planets PDF, he had leapt for the cover of a nearby building.  There they had hid as a shockwave of epic proportions had smashed around them.  His helmet had immediately shut out the roar of explosion as the other survivors with his dropped to their knees covering their ears and screaming in sheer animal terror.  It didn’t matter, they were all dead now.  When things had settled Jaeron had emerged into what was left of the spire city.  They had been fighting in an area known as the Martyr’s Plaza, a vast arcade lined with cathedrals and statues of heroes of the Imperium's glory.  Now there was nothing left but toppled ruins and shattered ruins.  The city was pitch black, covered in a near impenetrable layer of dust that blocked out all light from the sun.  The only illumination came from the flickering fires that licked around ruined tanks and buildings.  The dust had proved fatal to the mortal survivors, it's thick cloying nature filling their lungs with toxic grey dust that suffocated them.  It was only due to the enhanced nature of his astartes systems as well as the advanced rebreather systems in his helmet that had allowed him to survive this far.

He had begun the journey to their last known extrication point as soon as he was able.  He was glad again for the inbuilt navigation systems of his power armour.  The city had been reduced to nothing more than debris and toppled spires.  Here and there were chunks of space ship.  Jaeron had since learned the flaming spear had actually been the flagship of Battle fleet Pious and the various segments of ship debris most likely belonged to her.  It had been a last ditch effort, a desperate gamble to destroy the leader of the invasion of the planet as well as close the Warp Rift he had opened.  It had done that, at least.  Since the ship struck down their had been no contact with daemons of any kind.  Traitors on the other hand.

Jaeron was distracted from his thoughts by the sound of movement in the rubble above him.  He glanced up as two figured scrambled down from what was left of the floor above him.

“ Enemy contact ahead, Brother Reclusiarch.” one reported to him.  Jaeron grinned mirthlessly at the two scout astartes.  They had been the worse affected by dust, not having the same protective armour as Jaeron’s other survivors.  He had found the two scouts a few days after the ships fall, sheltering in a wrecked Rhino.  They had since served him well.  Should they survive to make it back to the Chapter they had more than earned their Black Carapace.

“ Numbers?” he grunted back.

“ At least nine, Brother.” the other scout said grimly.  Jaeron glanced around the room at those survivors he had managed to gather.  Excluding himself and the scouts he had five followers; various remnants of different squads.  Four from his own Chapter as well as a survivor from one of the other astartes fighting on the planet.

“ At least there is enough to go around,” he muttered mirthlessly before thumbing the activation rune on his Crozius, “ Duty till death, brothers.” he spat before motioning his followers into the ruins and towards the traitors.  Transcendence may have fallen, but his brothers still stood.

I, Brother SP, vow upon the honour of the Interdictors Space Marine Chapter, scions of Dorn, to paint some of the survivors of the Battle of Transcendence.  These Survivors shall include Reclusiarch Jaeron (Chaplain with Panoply of the Crusader and Combi flamer) and a Crusader Squad (Four Initiates (One with Power Axe, One with Plasma Gun), Two Neophytes (one with shotgun the other close combat) and a Sword Brethren with Thunder Hammer) to a total of 295 Points by December 3rd.  Each of these shall tell a fragment of their story as they struggle to survive the hellish landscape that is post fall Transcendence.  There shall also be plenty of trophies because traitors suck for winning the ETL again.

So yeah, just to be clear, it has been decided by the Lords of Terra and the highest authorities of the Inquisition that each vow should be in a single specific era: no mixing and matching 30k and 40k within one vow - however, you can switch between the settings in subsequent vows.

So, I have a Storm Talon which I'd like to paint up for this.

Thing is, the bottom fuselage piece (which the turret and little thruster nozzles attach to) is mostly painted, and the outside pieces of each engine housing are also mostly painted.

Is that too far gone for this? Hopefully not, since I'd really like to Vow it. I can post a photo if it will help with a decision.

I, Lachdannan, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least a Leviathan Siege Dreadnought from Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List, and worth 290pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/lachdan/DSCF3721_zpstxayqkin.jpg

I, Aeternas, wall-captain of Terra, vow to fully paint the first champion, Sigismund, from LA:AoDL, worth 230 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time.

For Dorn

For the Emperor

Against all that would stand against us

Fratres autem ad muros, et mortis debitum

8de8064424496efeae2895e4f66225d6.jpg

Proof

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/Aeternas/image.jpg1_zpsugt71r1j.jpg

I, Brother Callius, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists, 52nd Regiment - 104th Battalion - 41st Company to fully paint at least a 10 man Terminator squad with: plasma blaster, grenade harness, heavy flamer, autocannon, combi-weapon, power weapon, 3 chainfists, 2 pairs of lightning claws, 4 combi bolters and 4 power fists from the AoD Army List (2016) and worth a total of 462 points, by saturday 3rd of december 2016.

I promise to provide at least one start and final vow picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to the primarch Rogal Dorn and the Emperor beloved by all, by completing my vow and not failing my shield brothers.

Death to the traitors!

gallery_58716_5536_61517.jpg

Archived