Thanks for all the advice everyone it definitely wasn't as bad as I was anticipating even though I don't think I diluted my paint enough here's the squad after 3 layers.

20160830_233350.jpgadult picture hosting

So far I think it's coming along pretty well and I think these guys are gonna look pretty good standing alongside there cousins in the XVIIIth

Two down, three to go. This time I skipped Yriel Yellow and just went with Averland Sunset as base color before applying the wash and highlights. The model turned out a bit more mustard than lemon, but I think I like the overall effect. I'll probably do both across the unit for balance.

tac2zwy2.jpg

I, Pearson73, vow on the honour of The Gordian Sons to fully paint at least one Sternguard Veteran Squad consisting of five battle brothers with three combi-weapons from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 140pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

med_gallery_71441_9958_71824.jpg

Looking good, folks! Glad to see the progress and enthusiasm continuing. thumbsup.gif

I've gotten some work done on my vow. Here's my progress so far:

gallery_45765_7614_110839.png

With any luck, painting will start next week.

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Ironclad Dreadnought with Chainfist, Heavy Flamer, two hunter killer missiles and Ironclad Assault Launchers From Codex: Space Marines and one Contemptor Mortis Pattern Dreadnought with two Kheres Assault Cannons from Imperial Armour Two, for a total points value of 375, by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture of each (below) and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ironclad WIP:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsdlqu6o8c.jpg

Mortis Patter WIP:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpssnstojxg.jpg

Note that all parts are primed white, except the head, knees and shoulders, which are primed black, and the cannons, which are primed black and then had a Leadbelcher spray. The legs section was used to show how an airbrush works to misterkho and has less than 1 minute work on them - the yellow doesn't even cover most of it. All in all, I spent about 5 minutes to get this miniature from bare resin to where it is now.

Question: will all vows be recorded in the second post, or just the most recent ones? smile.png

Edit: found an answer to the question: yes. :D

Dosjetka: The Tactical Squad (and their Sarge of course msn-wink.gif) seem to be coming along quite nicely! About the Rhino: is the dozer blade the one from the Imperial Guard Tank Upgrades? I've considered picking some of those up to use on my Rhinos for a while now, and seeing yours, I think, has convinced me to do it! BTW, whatever happened to that Chaplain you put together way back when? Did it ever get finished?

lionofjudah: I think I said this last time, but man, that is some sweet kitbashing work. I'm eager to see what this squad looks like finished! smile.png

Disruptor_fe404: Looks glorious! Out of curiosity, do you airbrush your silver/chrome? I ask because it looks really stunningly smooth, and I'm curious to know what I can do to get a similar effect!

Sadly, once again I have no progress to report, mostly because this is taking up a lot of my free time, but also because I'm pretty lazy too. Hopefully tomorrow I'll take some time to work on my vow, but I'm not so sure if I'll be so lucky too. Keep up the good work, everyone, and kudos to Augustus b'Raass for completing our first vow! You all do the Emperor's work!

So I'm sitting here working on the +[redacted]+ project I can't reveal before the 17th (which Dos knows all about) now let's say it's a singular bad 'ole beast of blasting baddies? It weighs in at 660 points, and I could feasibly make another of the same (but different and much more converted) but I'd have to forgo my plans for a pair of storm hawk interceptors. Some of you may have figured it out (I hope Honda is not among them, he's on the OpFor! ph34r.png) and if so please keep discretion, but what would my fellow brothers of Dorn choose, The Swift Aerial Axe or the Furious Sundering Hammer?

So I'm sitting here working on the +[redacted]+ project I can't reveal before the 17th (which Dos knows all about) now let's say it's a singular bad 'ole beast of blasting baddies? It weighs in at 660 points, and I could feasibly make another of the same (but different and much more converted) but I'd have to forgo my plans for a pair of storm hawk interceptors. Some of you may have figured it out (I hope Honda is not among them, he's on the OpFor! ph34r.png) and if so please keep discretion, but what would my fellow brothers of Dorn choose, The Swift Aerial Axe or the Furious Sundering Hammer?

Dude, you're talking about Dorn here, not Corax or Sanguinius :P

Have to be honest, you've got me really puzzled :) Now, how to go about creating something to counter your creation... :devil:

Did some more blocking in all the main colors before I gloss coat and wash. I'm a slow painter sad.png

Was struggling with brushing on the white on the shoulder pads. Tried out masking the area off with silly putty and airbrushing it on. Worked out great. (Not in the picture).

http://i.imgur.com/7TIqqeTh.jpg

Disruptor_fe404: Looks glorious! Out of curiosity, do you airbrush your silver/chrome? I ask because it looks really stunningly smooth, and I'm curious to know what I can do to get a similar effect!

No airbrushing, just making sure the metallics are properly thinned and layered. And being careful when touching up details. Extra care (and layers) required for vehicles because of the flat surfaces being much larger.

Finally sat my ass down and managed to actually paint some. Almost done with the first model of the vow, my first CF terminator.

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/cf-termi-nidkiller.jpg

Minor work still needed. Also got some of the painting done on the BT terminator marshal as well as two BT tactical terminators.

Finally sat my ass down and managed to actually paint some. Almost done with the first model of the vow, my first CF terminator.

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/cf-termi-nidkiller.jpg

Minor work still needed. Also got some of the painting done on the BT terminator marshal as well as two BT tactical terminators.

What is your blue recipe?

I have a question, having only recently returned to the fold, I was tempted by the silver witches of the Emperor, I don't have the latest Codex:SM and am soon to build a BT Crusade worthy of the Marshall I left behind.

Is it too late to Vow my first? It will be the Stormtalon I am 'borrowing' the canopy from to build my BT piloted Knight. I will also need someone to add the points, I think it will be 130 pts.

It would be - Storm Talon with TLLC.

Is it too late to vow?

Archived