Looking good! Is that a metallic base coat with some kind of yellow wash/glaze?

Thanks! It's Leadbelcher drybrushed with ironbreaker and necron compound, followed by a couple of washes with casandora yellow and then glazed with lamenters yellow. Takes ages waiting for each wash to dry, but as I can only paint in short bursts anyway it tends to work out quite well.

Looking good! Is that a metallic base coat with some kind of yellow wash/glaze?

Thanks! It's Leadbelcher drybrushed with ironbreaker and necron compound, followed by a couple of washes with casandora yellow and then glazed with lamenters yellow. Takes ages waiting for each wash to dry, but as I can only paint in short bursts anyway it tends to work out quite well.

I feel your pain brother... You and I use similar schemes.

My painting has been foiled by midweek magnet madness again. Ah well, at least on the upside some of the models I've been magnetizing yesterday and today will end up in subsequent vows :P Two additional BT terminators are mostly done, unless I decide to do highlighting on them... really rather undecided on that I must say. There's just something rather appealing to deep matter black ;) Regardless, it still leaves further 3 BT terminators, 1 librarian and 6 CF terminators to finish in my first vow. Ugh.

Nearly done ... some final highlights, weathering, then matte sealer.

Nervous about the weathering ... never done it before ... debated between sponge type or a painted type I found on youtube (Dr Faust Imperial Fist https://youtu.be/cj3hS7vUIo4)

They look so clean and pretty! Not to worry you but I am quite worried about the weathering aspect of my Fists, due to try it out soon.

@Dosjetka: Thanks for the invite to the painting comp. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. I've got another Ironclad sitting on the shelf waiting to be painted, so I'll probably get that in as my second vow in a day or so.

@everyobe else: Your models are looking awesome! Keep up the great work.

Need some tips and tricks for weathering, folks? I'll be glad to share some if you need them. smile.png

I'll take any tips you got smile.png

Need some tips and tricks for weathering, folks? I'll be glad to share some if you need them. smile.png

I'll take any tips you got smile.png

Ditto.

I'll do my best to get some stuff up this weekend. :tu:

@Dosjetka: Thanks for the invite to the painting comp. I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. I've got another Ironclad sitting on the shelf waiting to be painted, so I'll probably get that in as my second vow in a day or so.

You're welcome! Looking forward to seeing your next vow!

@ PeterH: that's a very interesting colour scheme, there buddy! I like it! Will you do a lot of them in the future and do you have a WiP thread

Thank you! I must confess it was inspired by some other metallic yellow fists I saw on here a while ago, with a few alterations. I'm not planning a lot more - I've already got a few others in that scheme (breachers and Polux mostly - going for a mostly shields theme). I am going to add some phalanx warders and a contemptor, but not sure after that. I'd love a caestus but I don't know if the metallic technique would translate to large vehicles, particularly as I don't use an airbrush.

No WIP thread, but maybe now's the time to set one up.

I'm a bit worried about making CF vehicles, with the large flat surfaces. My past experiences with brushing on large flat surfaces haven't been so good :P I reckon I need at least one CF Rhino, and maybe a Predator & Storm Talon, since I already have one of each for BT and one of each unpainted. Additionally a drop pod I guess. I suppose I could also make the second LRC/LRR into CF, but I'm not sure how much play it'd see anyway. I wish they made LRs better sometime :(

I suppose I could add one CF vehicle to the next vow to try it out. Probably start with the Rhino or Drop Pod.

I, JAG Templar, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least one Chaplain and two Stormtalons with Skyhammer Missiles from Codex Soace Marines, and worth 320 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

med_gallery_72111_11908_291137.jpeg

I'm a bit worried about making CF vehicles, with the large flat surfaces. My past experiences with brushing on large flat surfaces haven't been so good :P I reckon I need at least one CF Rhino, and maybe a Predator & Storm Talon, since I already have one of each for BT and one of each unpainted. Additionally a drop pod I guess. I suppose I could also make the second LRC/LRR into CF, but I'm not sure how much play it'd see anyway. I wish they made LRs better sometime :(

I suppose I could add one CF vehicle to the next vow to try it out. Probably start with the Rhino or Drop Pod.

If you plan to use Pedro Kantor at any point start doing drop pods. They sync well with the sternguard that you will almost certainly bring to take advantage of PK's tactics.

Archived