If you plan to use Pedro Kantor at any point start doing drop pods. They sync well with the sternguard that you will almost certainly bring to take advantage of PK's tactics.

I think that so far all my games with non-BT marines have had Kantor. I also have a full CF sternguard squad in the works - 5 metal ones and 5 plastic ones (also have a full, mostly painted BT sternguard squad). The 8 unpainted CF ones will be a part of a later vow I'm sure. I have a total of three drop pods, none of them painted (one is still in fact unopened in box), so I've been thinking of maybe doing 2 BT and 1 CF.

Small bit of progress:

med_gallery_78067_12186_34385.jpg

Just needs a coat of Lamenters Yellow, Nuln Oil on the black bits, another highlight on the weapons and tassels, and heat discoloration on the barrels (which is maybe 15 mins work total, if that.) Unfortunately I'm out of Drakenhof Nightshade, which I need for said heat discoloration so that'll have to wait until my hobby run tomorrow.

Just 8 more dudes after this and a Dreadnought.

I, Kisada, vow on the honour of The Black Templars, to fully paint a Predator Annihilator with dozer blades from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 145 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to High Marshal Helbrecht and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

Start Picture

http://i.imgur.com/mrWMvdx.jpg?1

The psycho: termie looks good. I think you mean pteruges, not tassels, though. Tassels are those things at the end of a curtain rope, or dangling from Khârn the Betrayer's helmet....

Hidden Content
http://www.trendey.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/tassels-decor-the-future.jpg

;)

The psycho: termie looks good. I think you mean pteruges, not tassels, though. Tassels are those things at the end of a curtain rope, or dangling from Khârn the Betrayer's helmet....

Yeah, pteruges. Apologies, I'm running on about 2 hours sleep today (mostly because I was up late painting and watching House. tongue.pngIt's entirely my own fault.)

Great progress here. I have just realised I have less than 1 week to get my first vow done. I am hoping to get it complete this weekend.

I believe you have until December 3, brother. Next week is just the deadline for someone to make a first vow.

If anyone has any suggestion for how to make the rules clearer, please don't hesitate to chip in and suggest stuff! It ain't easy when everything is clear in your own head but other people can't seem to make sense pf your wording. :sweat: :lol:

Well look at that, this guy is still alive. Unfortunately the foul forces of Chaos have conspired to see that I wouldn't be able to participate in the ETL... Stupid work accident... Now that my hand is healing I'm itching to paint something, but I'm not too confident in it still so I'm thinking this will be a great opportunity to test it out.

Am I correct in reading that a single figure model is a flat 50 points regardless of what it actually is? Also if I pledge a model for one successor chapter and complete it does that preclude me from doing another chapter in a later vow? Thanks.

Unless you want that figure to be a Captain, Chaplain, etc then yes, a single model is 50 points regardless of equipment, stats, etc.

And if you want to start with one Chapter for one vow, you can always change Chapter for later vows. :tu:

Unless you want that figure to be a Captain, Chaplain, etc then yes, a single model is 50 points regardless of equipment, stats, etc.

And if you want to start with one Chapter for one vow, you can always change Chapter for later vows. :tu:

Awesome, so if I do a Chaplain he will count as his normal points with wargear and such?

And if you want to start with one Chapter for one vow, you can always change Chapter for later vows. thumbsup.gif

Awesome, so if I do a Chaplain he will count as his normal points with wargear and such?

That's right: a chaplain is a legal unit in his own right :)

I, [Andrew Christlieb], vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least 1 Chaplain with Crozius, power fist, and jump pack from Codex Space Marines, and worth 130 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

13064461_1272656939430950_80098678872526

13131353_1272656942764283_36933553635175

Alright. I'll take pictures today. And make a formal announcement. But I believe I've decided on my first vow.

Crusader squad

Bp/ccw

4 initiates

- power axe

- melta gun

1 sword brother

- power sword

- combi melta

- melta bomb

135 points.

Might vow, my chaplain later if I have time.

So... I have an old metal terminator librarian that I purchased be for the armageddon codex came out... which I painted up super generic and black played as an inquisitor out of the 3rd edition BRB... I could repaint him as an imperial or crimson fist... hmmm.

ML 2 librarian in terminator armour, force axe, primarch's wrath, digital weapons

145 points!

Serious question. Are we stuck it a chapter tactic here? Or can I pledge some black templars and some fists? As seperate vows or no?

Archived