don't think i've even spent so much time feeling like i've progressed so little on such a small number of models... was hoping to have a couple of squads done for the challenge but at this rate it's going to take me until december just to finish one squad. is it just me or is it 'the yellow'?

p.s. it could well be just me.

don't think i've even spent so much time feeling like i've progressed so little on such a small number of models... was hoping to have a couple of squads done for the challenge but at this rate it's going to take me until december just to finish one squad. is it just me or is it 'the yellow'?

Yellow is a tough colour to paint. Just keep at it and you'll do fine. :tu:

In other news, I've been able to sit down and paint! Finally! :D

gallery_45765_7614_167946.png

I'll do one on this lot of Imperial Fists. Didn't have the time over the weekend so catching up now. I hope that's alright. smile.png

Actually, it'll more likely be tomorrow: I've got to put the decals on and let them set properly before weathering. Sorry!

Thanks Halandaar!

They are now weathered and awaiting bases:

gallery_45765_7614_130260.png

gallery_45765_7614_447987.png

gallery_45765_7614_59125.png

gallery_45765_7614_354138.png

gallery_45765_7614_249690.png

The colours are a bit off but there's not much I can do about that with my current light setup, unfortunately.

Anyway, C&C welcome as always!

@ Dosjetka - oh my that's a lovely clean workspace you have. Oh my they are some lovely clean Imperial Fists you have. HOLY CRAP that's amazing battle damage you have done that's exactly how I want mine to look! Maybe a little less damage and I would to try to highlight it with my yellow highlight - but holy wow man thanks for the solid hit of inspiration. I like those progress shots. I think I have followed one of your IF threads before. Looking forward to seeing them based and a tut would be appreciated.

Kisada - curse you and your airbrush! Ahem; no. That's great man for only your second rhino the highlights are nice and subtle. I liked your Fist from earlier too!

Great work from everyone. I will have some updates this weekend. I've got quite the little force coming together actually :)

I, Brother Scott_Francis, vow on the honor of my Black Templar Brothers to fully paint a Stormtalon with twin linked Lascannons (the canopy will be painted as the cockpit has gone into my OOC vowed Imperial Knight) from Codex:Space Marine, and worth 125 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to our Primarch Dorn and our greatest Lord Sigismund by completing my vow and not failing Him on Earth.

Ave Imperator!

+++ FILE [bTST:367408] INBOUND +++

DSCF1153

Bits missing were the cockpit etc.
Let the building and painting begin. I will complete this vow before completing the IK as it is an official vow, my next vow may be my Marshal or 5 Hammernators, not decided yet.

+ List updated. +

Wow wow wow! :o I must have been doing a poor job at keeping the "points vowed" total up-to-date because as I was going through the list, I added all of the values up again and we've gone from around 8'500 points to just over 12'000! That's insane! :D

The total amount of completed points sits at 1'300 right now (so 10.79% completed) but we're only a month in so it should be alright!

Anyway, congrats to AndrewChristlieb and Pearson73 for completing their vows (will see some more vows from you two?)! :tu:

Just something I thought I'd cross-post here, too.

Wow wow wow! ohmy.png I must have been doing a poor job at keeping the "points vowed" total up-to-date because as I was going through the list, I added all of the values up again and we've gone from around 8'500 points to just over 12'000! That's insane! biggrin.png

The total amount of completed points sits at 1'300 right now (so 10.79% completed) but we're only a month in so it should be alright!

Replies to folks who've commented on my recent painting update should be up tonight (at work right now). In the meantime, thanks! :)

Vow II: Same as the first, but more purple.

I, McCaptain, vow on the honour of Imperial Fists to fully paint at least one Iron Clad Dreadnought from Codex Space Marines, and worth 145pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc113/McCaptain/Imperial%20Fists/3846FB50-4953-478C-BDA5-DB3210C01432.jpg

Just something I thought I'd cross-post here, too.

Wow wow wow! ohmy.png I must have been doing a poor job at keeping the "points vowed" total up-to-date because as I was going through the list, I added all of the values up again and we've gone from around 8'500 points to just over 12'000! That's insane! biggrin.png

Replies to folks who've commented on my recent painting update should be up tonight (at work right now). In the meantime, thanks! smile.png

By the tears of the Emperor, they are sweeeeeeeeeeeet. They must have been in a huge battle to have suffered such damage to their armour. They are going to need weeks to repair all that damage. tongue.png

They must have been as busy as the Black Templars. msn-wink.gif

+ List updated. +

Wow wow wow! :o I must have been doing a poor job at keeping the "points vowed" total up-to-date because as I was going through the list, I added all of the values up again and we've gone from around 8'500 points to just over 12'000! That's insane! :D

Anyway, congrats to AndrewChristlieb and Pearson73 for completing their vows (will see some more vows from you two?)! :tu:

That sounds like a challenge. Y'all know how that works with us...

I, [Andrew Christlieb], vow on the honour of the Celestial Lions to fully paint at least 1 Stormraven with tl las cannons, hurricane bolters, and typhoon missile launcher from Codex Space Marines, and worth 255 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

13048113_1268552813174696_59655690096776

13055101_1268552806508030_32856704912002

Archived