What's your base terrain? It looks like they have mud splatter on them, but shiny clean boot soles is why I ask.

Very good point (do you mind if I call you Andy?)! It's more because I couldn't get my sponge into the nooks and crannies around the foot area so I'll add some more dirt, damage, and grime once I prize them off their 25mm bases and put them onto 32mm ones!

@ Dosjetka - oh my that's a lovely clean workspace you have. Oh my they are some lovely clean Imperial Fists you have. HOLY CRAP that's amazing battle damage you have done that's exactly how I want mine to look! Maybe a little less damage and I would to try to highlight it with my yellow highlight - but holy wow man thanks for the solid hit of inspiration. I like those progress shots. I think I have followed one of your IF threads before. Looking forward to seeing them based and a tut would be appreciated.

Regarding the workspace, it's only clean because I've been living in this room for just over two weeks. Hasn't had the time to become a huge mess. :P

I think I've gone a little bit overboard with the weathering but I really wanted to emphasise the fact that they haven't been able to rest and recover for a good while.

Glad to provide inspiration! What kind of tutorial are you after? How I paint my yellow or how I do the weathering?

WIP on my OOC BT piloted Imperial Knight.

Looking good! Keep it up! :tu:

Tried out airbrush highlights for the first time ... this is only my 2nd rhino chassis ever.  First one I just did some basic edge highlighting.

*snip*

For a first try, you're doing pretty damn well! Looking forward to seeing more!

Some great looking Vows Brothers. I can't participate this year health has been an issue .

Damn, sorry to hear that, dss7. :( I hope that you recover quickly!

Halfway there.

*snip*

Looking great! Can't wait to see him finished!

I, Augustus b'Raass, make a third vow on the honor of the VII Legion Astartes, this time to fully paint Alexis Pollux, Captain of the 405th Company of the Imperial Fists, Master of the Retribution Fleet, The Crimson Fist, PLUS TROPHY and worth 165 + 10% = 182 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. Below is the 'start' picture and I promise to provide a final "vow completed" picture before said date. I vow to bring honour to our Primarch Dorn by completing my vow and not failing our lord on Terra, the Emperor of Mankind.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/temporary_zpsmvgqslrn.jpg

Edit± accidentally counted trophies as +5% instead of +10%. Above is the recalculated costs. 

@ Kisada - It worked well, sometimes I think people go too far, I think you got it about right.

Enough for a trophy, a weapon and arm shield from a dreadnoght?

Thanks ... it was really nerve wracking ... my first time attempting it.

As for the trophy ... seems like that's enough IMHO ... not your fault if that's all that is left over after you've blown up that traitorous walking coffin lol

I, Firepower, vow on the honour of the Black Templars to fully paint at least 2 Stormtalons wielding righteous Skyhammer justice from Codex: Space Marines, and worth 230 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

No Pity!  No Remorse!  No Fear!

update on my Imperial/Crimson Fist Terminator Librarian

base trophy

Trophy Placement

Fallen Iron Warrior

slain Iron Warrior

base size comparison

washer base to terminator base size comparison

fill with JB Weld

bottom of washers filled with JB Weld

more upgrade shots

slotta base fit into washers and glued

upgrading a 25mm slotta to a 40mm terminator base.

lip of 25mm slotta base cut off, pair of washers superglued together

Trophies, Slay the sonds of Perturabo

assorted trophies for vow.

what do y'all think?

please forgive the heretical paint scheme... i bought and painted him back when black templars were just a codex chapter color scheme... i ended up using him as an inquisitor in terminator armour for my imperial guard later mostly... and honestly, tho im doing him up as a SM now, the model is kinda small compared to current terminators, so i guess if you find him he'd make an ok inquisitor conversion.

i just cant decide if i should crimson or imperial fist him...

Since we already have quite a few Imperial Fists, why not go with Crimson Fists? :)

Well, "I" don't have any imperial fists or crimson fists yet so, it's a toss up for me personally. Tho I planned to do a blended force eventually as an allied dornian crusade thing for my black templars.

Even if I make the librarian an imperial fist, I was planning on doing the red hand for him and the black templar squad like they sometimes do when they fight along side them on campaign.

@ Kisada - It worked well, sometimes I think people go too far, I think you got it about right.

Enough for a trophy, a weapon and arm shield from a dreadnoght?

Thanks ... it was really nerve wracking ... my first time attempting it.

As for the trophy ... seems like that's enough IMHO ... not your fault if that's all that is left over after you've blown up that traitorous walking coffin lol

Twin Linked Lascannon and a twin Linked Assault Cannon to the face. Bye bye Traitorous scum, Does your Chaos God love you now? msn-wink.gif

I was just going to go for the feet. LOL

@ Dosjetka - just the damage would be appreciated! I think I'll be fine with the yellow. But the battle damage I'm debating about which colour to use, and weather I should paint it on or sponge it on, maybe a toothbrush flick, or stipple effect, actual weathering powders...

There are too many options, I want to go for a semi old school feel so I think I will probably try just painting it on. But still I'm not sure about which colours.

Any insight would be motivating; once I get rolling I usually do alright.

Making some progress this morning before I head out, I'll experiment abit with these first units until I figure out what I like.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/1516575A-8588-4688-BF96-8D3AE3F1B1C1_zpsccnslrha.jpg

Woo- account activation came just in time to join in on this. ^^

I, Octothorpe, vow on the honour of the Black Templars chapter and an as-yet-unnamed Crusade to fully paint at least one 15-man Crusader Squad consisting of 9 Initiates, with five trading boltgun for chainsword, one flamer, and a power axe, five Neophytes, three armed with chainsword, one with bolter, one with shotgun, and a Sword Brother armed with paired lightning claws and melta bombs, as well as one Chaplain armed with bolt pistol, Crozius, melta bombs and digital weapons to lead them into glorious battle, from Codex: Space Marines, and worth a total of 360 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Sigismund, Dorn, and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

(This couldn't have come at a better time- I had just bought the chapter upgrade box and decided to challenge myself in terms of paint quality a week after this contest was announced :) )

Before!

Hmm, so just checked the vow states of both sides.

It's a good job Abbaddon (Traitorous son of a Traitorous son, I even think I spelt it wrong LOL) doesn't need the Iron warriors. biggrin.png

They are at less than half of our current strength, we will smash them. tongue.png

Onward Sons of Dorn, the tide of battle is with us, let us not pause in our destruction of the enemy, let us not waver in the completion of our vows.

For Dorn and the Emperor Brothers.

Let us crush these Traitors, erase the stain they have bought to the Brotherhood of Space Marines.

It's a good job Abbaddon (Traitorous son of a Traitorous son, I even think I spelt it wrong LOL) doesn't need the Iron warriors. biggrin.png

They are at less than half of our current strength, we will smash them. tongue.png

Onward Sons of Dorn, the tide of battle is with us, let us not pause in our destruction of the enemy, let us not waver in the completion of our vows.

Let us crush these Traitors, erase the stain they have bought to the Brotherhood of Space Marines.

Actually, I haven't updated the list in waaay too long.

But you're still ahead of us by a long stretch...

Actually, I haven't updated the list in waaay too long.

But you're still ahead of us by a long stretch...

I have faith Brother, we will still win!!!

Archived