I, Brother Scott_Francis, VOW (VOW II) on the honor of my Black Templar Brothers to fully paint a Dreadnought with Multi-melta and Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon and a 5 man Scout Neophyte Squad with 4 Sniper Rifles, a Heavy Bolter, a Teleport Homer and Camo Cloaks from Codex:Space   Marine, worth 187 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to our Primarch Dorn and our greatest Lord Sigismund by completing my vow and not failing Him on Earth.

Ave Imperator!

+++ FILE [bTNEDN:164358] INBOUND +++

I finished my chapter master. It's a tad embarrassing posting it just after Polux there but hey-ho:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a628/matzeke/CE069155-0F17-49A2-B8FA-F3D5CDA387A3_zpszstza4en.jpg

All the relics and equipment is there including digital weapons (servo skull) and a deployable 'teleport homer.' Also note the shattered helm of a traitorous iron warrior terminator. That should mean a total completion of 330pts, including the 10% bonus. :)

+ List updated. +

The completion rate has gone up to 17.55%! Can we get to 20% by the end of the weekend?

Congrats to Augustus (error well-spotted thumbsup.gif) and Marshal Mattias for successfully completing their vows! Will there be more, I wonder?

Melmoth: You can post WIP updates and such in the General Banter thread. smile.png

Damn these Space Hulk models. You remove a million blood drops and angel icons and you're still left a few hundred that you somehow only notice when you've already basecoated the model and are painting it, even though they're in rather obvious locations. Of course, removing them after basecoating means removing paint from that entire section since otherwise the paintjob won't be even... argh.

i've managed to get round that problem by painting the blood drops gold, calling them "the Golden Tears of the Emperor" and making them a battle honour.  

i've managed to get round that problem by painting the blood drops gold, calling them "the Golden Tears of the Emperor" and making them a battle honour.

Well, I've left some of them in place for now, on the chains and such, painted them silver mostly.

I've been having some doubts about my CF color scheme, mainly because while it looks nice, I'm looking into some adjustments into my BT scheme, which makes it closer to the CF scheme (subtle dark blue highlights). I probably should've used a gray or silver basecoat instead of black on CF to make it slightly lighter in shade, but changing things now would result in some models being lighter than others <_<

Anyway, four more SH CF models basecoated and highlighted, with detail painting in early progress.

Hey dudes, I forgot it's my brothers birthday this weekend so I don't think I will get my vow done by this week. I'm making good progress though and will update when I can.

For Dorn and Him on Earth!

Dude. Don't sweat it. Real life and family always takes precedence. Enjoy your brother's birthday!

I, Augustus b'Raass, vow on the honour of the Imperial Fists Chapter Adeptus Astartes to fully paint one bike squad with grav guns and one Captain with Fisyclaws from Codex: Adeptus Astartes Space Marines, and worth 285 points by Saturday 3rd December 2016. Below you will find WIP pics and I promise to provide at least final "vow completed" pictures before that date. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160924_014_zpsaffxepvl.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Imperial%20Fists/WP_20160924_013_zpsxbhx1elo.jpg

By the way, you can find individual shots of all these bikers, from mutliple angles, in this post in my WiP thread.

Vow Complete. Yeah im a censored.gif painter tongue.png

Also sneak peak at my Grey talon Captain

Hidden Content

gallery_79735_12430_10217.jpg

gallery_79735_12430_46710.jpg

Never talk yourself down like that. None of us are ever done with self-improvement. You could maybe use an extra wash and some more highlights here and there, but overall he looks good. And that pose/conversion is inspired.

Hidden Content

Never talk yourself down like that. None of us are ever done with self-improvement. You could maybe use an extra wash and some more highlights here and there, but overall he looks good. And that pose/conversion is inspired.

Augustus is right you shouldn't get down on yourself! If anything like he said a bit more shading and some subtle highlights would help a lot to define the model. If it makes you feel any better I'm totally jealous of your cross on the shoulder, they're still the bane of my existence.

Hidden Content

Augustus is right you shouldn't get down on yourself! If anything like he said a bit more shading and some subtle highlights would help a lot to define the model. If it makes you feel any better I'm totally jealous of your cross on the shoulder, they're still the bane of my existence.
That is not free hand. I bought a dozen of DW BT shoulder pads. xD

But true to my vow I won't paint any BT until we get something that is worth it.

Tomorrow I'll highlight a bit. Despite liking the dirty grey look.

For my 3rd vow.  I, Kisada, Knight Templar, loyal son of Dorn, vow on the honor of the VIIth Legion to provide one fully equipped and painted ten-man Legion Tactical Squad with bolters, a legion vexilla, and led by a sergeant in artificer armor wielding a power sword and melta bomb worth 160 points from the Horus Heresy- Legiones Astartes Army List by Satuday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honor to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Assembly line picture ...

http://i.imgur.com/tf8YnXc.jpg?1

Archived