Sorry folks, I've been rather quiet since the board has been back online and even before it went offline. I've got to deal with in RL these couple of weeks or so. I'll try and get an update of the list in tonight but unfortunately there won't be much other participation on my part until Sunday at the earliest.

That said, I'm really impressed by the work and enthusiasm you chaps are generating! Keep it up! :tu:

Sorry folks, I've been rather quiet since the board has been back online and even before it went offline. I've got to deal with in RL these couple of weeks or so. I'll try and get an update of the list in tonight but unfortunately there won't be much other participation on my part until Sunday at the earliest.

That said, I'm really impressed by the work and enthusiasm you chaps are generating! Keep it up! thumbsup.gif

This is why I have only been vowing small bites at a time .... in case any RL stuff comes up I wanted to be able to complete my vows to the emperor, Dorn, and my battle brothers.

Hoping to have my first vow finished during the weekend. So much more left to vow, I've been slacking way too much so far. Probably gonna do some power armor stuff in the next vow, likely some Sternguard and Vanguard at least I guess. Maybe a group of assault terminators too, if I can decide how to proceed with them. I suppose I'd technically have enough models for yet another shooty terminator squad too, though... ugh.

+ Both IFE IV topics merged. +

This should make Augustus happy. ;) And now you can directly comment on vows, finished models, etc. No more faffing around with two topics. Enjoy!

Now, just need to update the list...

I, Lippy, vow on the honour of The Black Templars to fully paint at least one Venerable Dreadnought with PowerFist featuring HeavyFlamer and Twin-Linked Lascannon and a Captain in Terminator Armour with Power Sword, Storm Bolter, Melta Bombs, Auspex from the Space Marines Codex, and worth 280pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

Ave Imperator!

http://i.imgur.com/mcn9FU0l.jpg?1

+ Both IFE IV topics merged. +

This should make Augustus happy. msn-wink.gif And now you can directly comment on vows, finished models, etc. No more faffing around with two topics. Enjoy!

Now, just need to update the list...

Hurray! I am happy - but please don't think I wasn't with the unmerged state - at worst, the two threads allowed us to post our completions twice! :)

I put brush to dudes for the first time in days this morn... And then went back to coughing. The first of fall kicks my butt every year:(

Anyways... No pics but I'm plugging along.

Started to assemble some Fists for the tale of 20 gamers as well and hope to get some pics done and up Sunday

Vow 1 Complete: Legion Herald 130 Points, Call Sign - Savage 

http://i.imgur.com/cYarHIgl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jC1ykNal.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YIJrjAql.jpg

And vow 2!!!

I, Jimbo, vow on the honour of The Excoriators (Kill Team Pig Iron) to paint a Sternguard Squad (power sword, storm bolter, combi-flamer, combi-melta, and melta gun) from the Space Marine codex worth 182 pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

http://i.imgur.com/9WPSEzal.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fbLiLl9l.jpg

Gaah, so close to finishing vow 1 but so out of energy! Just need some detail painting on the last two terminators and highlighted hands + backpack on the librarian plus a few odds and ends elsewhere and I'd be done and could vow more stuff :|

Been having a bit of annoyance with purity seals (and in some cases metallic details), I seem to manage to keep rubbing off the paint off their edges and keep having to retouch. I guess I'll leave them be for now, then do final touch-up + 'ardcoat 'em all in one go at some point when I get around to spray-varnishing. Annoying regardless, oddly I haven't had this problem in such regularity before, not sure what's up.

Progress. Need to touch up a few spots. Especially the bolters. I want them to be nice and clean like the bases. Plus have to touch up the short swords pouches. Going to test out OSL lenses too!!!

http://i.imgur.com/kr5XS6K.jpg

Yeah that's the kind of fun guy I am. You know what's also fun? Except for my IV vow, Jimbo's I completion and II vow, Kisada's II completion and III vow, none of the links in the event record work anymore, probably because of the merger of the two threads. ohmy.png

+ List updated. +

I put brush to dudes for the first time in days this morn... And then went back to coughing. The first of fall kicks my butt every year:(
Anyways... No pics but I'm plugging along.
Started to assemble some Fists for the tale of 20 gamers as well and hope to get some pics done and up Sunday

Looking forward to seeing the results of your hobby efforts. smile.png And I also hope that you'll get rid of that cough ASAP!

Vow 1 Complete: Legion Herald 130 Points, Call Sign - Savage

*snip*

And vow 2!!!

I, Jimbo, vow on the honour of The Excoriators (Kill Team Pig Iron) to paint a Sternguard Squad (power sword, storm bolter, combi-flamer, combi-melta, and melta gun) from the Space Marine codex worth 182 pts by Saturday 3rd December 2016. I promise to provide at least one "start" picture and a final "vow completed" picture in that time. I vow to bring honour to Dorn and the Emperor by completing my vow and not failing my brothers-in-arms.

*snip*

Nice! Congrats on finishing your vow! And straight onto a second one: my, my, you're on fire. laugh.png

*snip*

Okay opinion time, what are people's thoughts on the chapter symbol on the side? I'm feeling a bit 'meh' on it myself...

I think it looks good. Not an easy symbol to paint but you've done a decent job. thumbsup.gif

Update!

Part 1 is done, the redeemer is finished.

*snip*

And here is the next project. The Fellblade, I forgot to take a picture before I started, but its only the turret that got 1 layer. I hope that is okay.

*snip*

(the green is liquid green stuff, dont worry!)

Very nice Land Raider. That freehand is lovely. wub.png

No problem about that picture. Looking forward to seeing that massive beast painted!

Gaah, so close to finishing vow 1 but so out of energy! Just need some detail painting on the last two terminators and highlighted hands + backpack on the librarian plus a few odds and ends elsewhere and I'd be done and could vow more stuff :|

Been having a bit of annoyance with purity seals (and in some cases metallic details), I seem to manage to keep rubbing off the paint off their edges and keep having to retouch. I guess I'll leave them be for now, then do final touch-up + 'ardcoat 'em all in one go at some point when I get around to spray-varnishing. Annoying regardless, oddly I haven't had this problem in such regularity before, not sure what's up.

Almost there! Keep going! thumbsup.gif

Re: the paint rubbing off, a coat of varnish should definitely help with that issue.

Progress. Need to touch up a few spots. Especially the bolters. I want them to be nice and clean like the bases. Plus have to touch up the short swords pouches. Going to test out OSL lenses too!!!

*snip*

Looking good, though the armour seems far dirtier. Is that intentional?

Yeah that's the kind of fun guy I am. You know what's also fun? Except for my IV vow, Jimbo's I completion and II vow, Kisada's II completion and III vow, none of the links in the event record work anymore, probably because of the merger of the two threads. ohmy.png

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :cry:

Archived