Hey doods,

I am sorry but I just need to announce that I will not be able to complete my vow. I'll make an update in my thread with lots of flowery excuses but for now I'll just say that my heart wasn't in it. As much as I love and admire the Imperial Fist and their Successors they just don't flick my switches at this time.

Anyway big thanks to BrotherCaptain Dosjetka for his painting advice and support - I got really close but the closer I came the more I got distracted. Again I am sorry for all the Tom-foolery, I should not have vowed until I was certain.

Here is the last progress shot before I decided to return to the Death Spectres (which are my other favorite chapter)

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/31543020-57FB-4471-B74E-24E06D0CC873_zpsy0tu2mkl.jpg

If y'all want a splash of yellow, I'm almost done with ye Olde metal terminator librarian... so at the rate I paint you'll see it by Halloween... lol

PS tvih. I noticed you are painting the spacehulk libby as CF. Looking forward to it because I have one I'm going to do as a fist aswell. Just haven't decided if CF or IF yet.

PPS. that's a shame jim, they look great so far there.

Hey doods,

I am sorry but I just need to announce that I will not be able to complete my vow. I'll make an update in my thread with lots of flowery excuses but for now I'll just say that my heart wasn't in it. As much as I love and admire the Imperial Fist and their Successors they just don't flick my switches at this time.

Anyway big thanks to BrotherCaptain Dosjetka for his painting advice and support - I got really close but the closer I came the more I got distracted. Again I am sorry for all the Tom-foolery, I should not have vowed until I was certain.

Here is the last progress shot before I decided to return to the Death Spectres (which are my other favorite chapter)

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y400/jimbo196/31543020-57FB-4471-B74E-24E06D0CC873_zpsy0tu2mkl.jpg

Just take a break brother! Your stuff looks awesome already, it would be a shame to leave them half finished. You know you have till December right

Hey doods,

Just take a break brother! Your stuff looks awesome already, it would be a shame to leave them half finished. You know you have till December right

Ugh, haven't really gotten much done after the dread. Sciatica and back problems keep me from staying sitting in one spot too long (though I still sit way too much, bah). But to get something done I've been basecoating the HQs and also did one sidetracked painting effort - a banner! As I was sorting bits for future vows, I came across the terminator set's banner. The round part in the middle made me think of the CF symbol I put on the dread, so I had to give a try of making a CF banner. Now, I don't generally try anything freehand since I suck at it, but I think it came out alright this time (sorry for the fuzzy picture though).

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/cf-banner.jpg

In fact the symbol is probably the best part, the cross didn't really come out great as for the life of me I can't seem to make it "clean" for some reason, I expected that to be the easy part. I would've preferred to paint the cross the same way I paint storm shield crosses, with the inner cross being red, but with the red trim of the chapter symbol that didn't really work. Possibly gonna stick this banner on the assault terminator sergeant or perhaps the sternguard once I get around to vowing those particular squads (way to get ahead of myself, I know).

Yeah sorry dudes; I had a hissy fit and painted them black.

I just can't have nice things - need some doom and gloom in my hobby.

You disappoint me. And you disappoint Dorn.

gallery_78067_11287_6229.jpeg

(But seriously, man. If it makes you happy, go for it! We'll tease you, but ultimately it's your hobby. :tu:)

My HQs took a bit of a setback. My sprays are acting wonky. New silver spray is making uneven results, and now the black foobared and both the HQs looked like they had plaster on them so I have to strip 'em. Sigh.

In other news apparently painting red fists can be addicting. Heere I am, painting the (BT) Ironclad, looking at the chainfist and thinking it'd look nicer with red plating dry.png Geez. I've also been pondering about CF Honour Guard. I'd like to do them with the FW IF torsos, but getting the feet and arms to match the Heresy era style would just be too expensive. Bah! Why does FW have to be such a ripoff :P

More pointless "blogging"... working on the Ironclad again, I can't help but again think that I still don't like the power fist it has, it's always been a bit of a bummer for me personally. The seismic hammer is an abomination, so I use the chainfist instead, but the fist isn't to my liking either. I kinda wish it was possible to do a two-fist configuration like with the Furioso. In fact I just sold a Furioso, which I'm starting to really regret as I should've just snatched the right CC arm from it and then get a standard dread CCW fist to put on it (as that is my favorite style of dread fist). I could buy a new Furioso right arm from eBay for 4,6€, but no one seems to sell the fist bit separately (only the venerable "hand style" one) and the full left arm is of course expensive to get for just the one bit. Though if I wanted to forego WYSIWYG to get twin fists rather than fist+chainfist, I guess I'd need a second left arm anyway. Sigh!

That aside, I'm thinking of doing a squad in one of the subsequent vows there there'd be (most likely) one-off models from different IF successors. So far I've been thinking a White Templar, a Red Templar, a Celestial Lion, an Executioner and an Iron Knight. Would give some change of pace to my painting and yet give me more sons of Dorn!

More pointless "blogging"... working on the Ironclad again, I can't help but again think that I still don't like the power fist it has, it's always been a bit of a bummer for me personally. The seismic hammer is an abomination, so I use the chainfist instead, but the fist isn't to my liking either. I kinda wish it was possible to do a two-fist configuration like with the Furioso. In fact I just sold a Furioso, which I'm starting to really regret as I should've just snatched the right CC arm from it and then get a standard dread CCW fist to put on it (as that is my favorite style of dread fist). I could buy a new Furioso right arm from eBay for 4,6€, but no one seems to sell the fist bit separately (only the venerable "hand style" one) and the full left arm is of course expensive to get for just the one bit. Though if I wanted to forego WYSIWYG to get twin fists rather than fist+chainfist, I guess I'd need a second left arm anyway. Sigh!

That aside, I'm thinking of doing a squad in one of the subsequent vows there there'd be (most likely) one-off models from different IF successors. So far I've been thinking a White Templar, a Red Templar, a Celestial Lion, an Executioner and an Iron Knight. Would give some change of pace to my painting and yet give me more sons of Dorn!

All Dorn deathwatch maybe? It's a lot of black still, but with the right bits and embellishments it would be freaking awesome! :D

It would kind of defeat the purpose of "change of pace" though, given how much black I've painted :P My Deathwatch terminator squad will have a BA from Space Hulk, and the other four have optional roles as either Templars by changing some bits, or as DW, in which case one is a Dark Angel, one probably an Angel of Absolution (using some suitable DA bits that work for AoA - the DA one is also because I only have chapter-specific bits for DA aside from BT), and the other three haven't decided yet. Also whenever I buy the 5-man kill team, it'll be mixed chapters, but haven't decided which ones yet.

Oh. And as for my CF/IF (and some BT) models, I'm trying to figure out whether to use decals or try to paint chapter symbol on shoulders. I've never really tried the decals, I guess I ought to. I do have one set of CF upgrade shoulders, but even if I had more that'd still leave the AoBR/DV/SH and other models with "fixed" shoulder pads (those being the use case for BT too, otherwise I am using upgrade set pads).

Still rocking the cough but finally have an update-

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsqtcblnvv.jpeg

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsilckdseq.jpeg

The Angels are going to be an allied section to my siege of terra fists.

@lionofjudah Love your use of black and red on your guys. Get well soon bro

Vow update: "I'm not dead, I haven't quit, just been super busy"

Tactical squad #2 .... waiting for the gloss coat to dry before decals and weathering

http://i.imgur.com/YgfgHk7.jpg?1

Apologies for my lack of participation here, brothers. I've been busy with real life, took a short break from the hobby, and now have been caught up in the madness that is the second plastic HH box. Sisters of Silence... <3

Anyway, I'll go through the last couple of pages, update the participants list, and then answer any posts that need answering. I'll also do my best to animate the event a bit more until its conclusion in two months' time. :)

Cheers,

Dos

Regarding the HH box, the plastic Mark III marines might make my Mark III CF Honour Guard financially feasible :P Though I'd only need 10 of those from the entire box, not really the other things.

And as for my vow, progress has been made, even if far less than I would have liked to. Strangely the Ironclad is showing severe symptoms of red-fistedness.

I might try to snag a squad of those MKIII's for my tech marines at some point, but really I'm very underwhelmed with both this and BaC.

Back on topic though I need to figure out what I'm doing for a third vow. I'm feeling decidedly underwhelmed by my stuff right now... painting gold sucks and I'm still kinda burnt out on black. :/

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/cf-dread-duo.jpg

So, dreads are finally basically done. May add some purity seals and such but that's about it. Missiles and even the smoke launcher on the Ironclad are magnetized, not sure what I'm gonna do with the assault launchers. Can't magnetize them without altering appearance, and darned blu-tack leaves a mark in the long term.

Also did my first decal tests. The Ironclad, Civan, has one on his left shoulder, and also added one to a terminator. Had to forgo the "circle" and just stick with the fist for the terminator to get it to settle right, though.

more upgrade shots

base trophy

This has become...

Imperial Fist Terminator Librarian view 1

Imperial Fist Terminator Librarian view 2

Imperial Fist Terminator Librarian view 3

so the IF part of my Vow is completed.

need to finish my Crusader squad. just needs 1 more trophy and 3 more basing treatments, then prime and paint... shouldn't take too long.

edit. ive noticed these pics look kindof washed out... will get better ones when i do an update on the crusaders.

Edit 2

I almost forgot!

"Ding dong the witch is done!"

Lol

Archived